[SOLVED] How do you get channel logos in XBMC
Pretty easy setup with Windows 8 and my entire XBMC network running Frodo. Kudos to the authors of the program and plugin.

I have EPG guide data refreshing via mc2xl and also feeding to the XBMC boxes well, but the one area that eludes me is Channel Logos. Is there a way to feed the channel logos from the backend, and if so, how? I have only been able to get these working by manually copying the channel logos to each of my XBMC boxes and specifying the logo. Would be nice if the logo could pass through to my networked boxes the same as the EPG data.

I know there is an icon src tag that can be put into the EPG XML but it doesn't look like mc2xl does this, and if I manually add it, not sure if it would work, but I assume it would be erased next time it updates, anyway.

Anyone else have logos working on networked installations?
On the NextPVR side of things, you put channel logos in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Channels. Name the files same as the channel + .png or .jpg. For example you might a CNN.png file. If your channel name has any special non-filesystem characters, just remove that character when naming the logo file.

XBMC clients will automatically download and show the channel logos.
(2013-01-25, 17:22)sub3 Wrote: On the NextPVR side of things, you put channel logos in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Channels. Name the files same as the channel + .png or .jpg. For example you might a CNN.png file. If your channel name has any special non-filesystem characters, just remove that character when naming the logo file.

XBMC clients will automatically download and show the channel logos.

Hey Sub3,

First, great job on this. I use NPVR + XBMC daily and it rocks, but I have a questions regarding your last statement (this may be more of an xbmc question though). I have channel logos working fine in NPVR and XBMC, but I recently found some higher quality .png's to use. I replaced (and renamed) the logos in the NPVR folder and the new ones show up in NPVR fine, but I still get the old logos on my XBMC client. Any idea where they are cached so I can delete them?
You'll need to delete the previously cached ones in the xbmc_userdata's ./addon_data/pvr.nextpvr subdirectory.
(2013-01-26, 03:05)sub3 Wrote: You'll need to delete the previously cached ones in the xbmc_userdata's ./addon_data/pvr.nextpvr subdirectory.

Thanks! I was looking in the thumbnails folder.
Posted about this before in a different thread, but here goes...

UK Channel 5* does not show correctly in XBMC. XBMC expects a 5_.png file (I think) whereas NPVR expects 5.png. This is also dangerous since there is already a Channel "5" owned by the same people, but luckily, this main channel is named "FIVE" in text rather than numeric so the conflict there is avoided.

However, no matter how you name the file in NPVR, or make multiple named copies with different spellings, the correct icon doesn't show up for me in XBMC (i.e it doesn't import from NPVR).
If you post your npvr.db3 file over the at the nextpvr forums, so I can see exactly how it's named, I'll check it out for you.
Where do you get your logos from? Is there one decent site where you can get them all??
Thanks,
John
(2013-03-05, 00:27)haverer2 Wrote: Where do you get your logos from? Is there one decent site where you can get them all??
Thanks,
John
Your best bet is google for icons you television service provider. Sometimes people post archives perfectly tailored to certain services, like Freeview UK etc. Otherwise you can manually try to collect them from places like http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/. This can be painful if you've got a large number of channels.
Wikipedia is an excellent source for logo's. Once there, just search the channels call letters.
Or just download them from here http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permali...hipmonkery and here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86047
(2013-01-26, 03:05)sub3 Wrote: You'll need to delete the previously cached ones in the xbmc_userdata's ./addon_data/pvr.nextpvr subdirectory.

Sub - I have added a few logos to test and they are visible in the NPVR software but do not show up within XBMC. I have also deleted and recreated the above folder as suggested but do not have any logos. Do you have any additional thoughts? I will not be at the machine until later today so unfortunately a set of log files will not be available until then.
I'm having the exact same issue with both a Win7 client and a Pivos Xios using the latest build. On the pivos I navigates to the folder specified above and I can see the actual correct logos in the folder. So it looks like it actually pulled the logos from the server but I can't get them to display in the channel listings. I'm using confluence skin but I also tried Quartz and still no luck.

EDIT: Ok my channels are showing up. I was doing some moving around and rebooted equipment and I am seeing logos. Apparently XBMC was waiting until I posted here to start showing logos Blush
Clayfree. I am pretty sure that I have rebooted already. Will do so when I get home to be sure.
I got nice icons from here:

http://www.iconharmony.com/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] How do you get channel logos in XBMC0