Sound problem with Frodo Release Candidate.Solved in new Frodo?
As everybody know it has been some sound problem with Eden and OS X with stuttering sound when pausing.
But it´s solved now and i don´t remember if it came from Apple and it doesnt matter it works.

To better judgement i updatet my working Eden installation to Frodo RC and then the sound problem started.
What i can see it was just movies and series with mp3 2.0 that whent silent.
I have my MacMini connected to my receiver with HDMI and i tried everything to solve it.

I had to go back to Eden but i broke my library and had to import it again.

So my question is if the sound problem is solved with new Frodo because i really want to use Aeon Nox 4.0 and it recuires Frodo?
I´m not that keen to test Frodo and endanger to break my library again if i have to reverse to Eden.

what are your audio settings ?
Audio output: HDMI
Speaker Configuration: 5.0
Boost level on downmix: Enabled
DD capable receiver: Enabled
DTS capable receiver: Enabled.
Audio output device: Default output device.

These settings work on Eden but not with Frodo
I tried to ever thinkable combination of settings but no change.
Set speaker config to 2.0, you will still get DD and DTS so don't worry about that.
Let me know the results
Hello,

First time poster and pretty new user, I would like to thank the developers and all contributors to such a great software.

I have the same problem with XBMC 12, tried every settings possible and nothing works (speaker config to 2.0 included).
I had to go back to Eden (and lost my library too).
The problem that i don't dare to upgrade again and fuck up my library again if i have do downgrade.

(2013-01-30, 21:41)Lappen71 Wrote: The problem that i don't dare to upgrade again and fuck up my library again if i have do downgrade.

I might be wrong but I think you can back-up your library by making a copy of the XBMC folder located in your user Library/Application Support/.
Frodo needs a right setup via audio-midi-setup (in osx) itself. Check speaker config in there - it has to match your physical speaker layout.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-01-30, 22:40)Memphiz Wrote: Frodo needs a right setup via audio-midi-setup (in osx) itself. Check speaker config in there - it has to match your physical speaker layout.

I tried that also but was not able to change anything in those settings.
But why do i need to change settings for Frodo and not Eden?
frodo has a complete new audioengine - read xbmc.org ... and of course there are alot of new issues with such a huge change.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Yes i understand it has a new audioengine but what i dont understand what settings to change.

I have tried to change in audio/midi settings but i cant change anything.
[/quote][/php]
Yes it would be nice if someone who has a good handle on it (rules me out) could write a detailed how-to on setting up Frodo audio with OS X, covering the various output types and options. There is some good info at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AudioEngine, but it's incomplete, hard to understand in parts, and nothing OS X-specific.

A table of settings on one axis (including XBMC settings, OS X sound preferences and audio-midi setup) and system configurations on the other axis would be a huge help.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
whats your hardware setup (receiver, hdmi, optical, how many speakers and so on).
(2013-02-01, 00:13)Glorious1 Wrote: Yes it would be nice if someone who has a good handle on it (rules me out) could write a detailed how-to on setting up Frodo audio with OS X, covering the various output types and options. There is some good info at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AudioEngine, but it's incomplete, hard to understand in parts, and nothing OS X-specific.

A table of settings on one axis (including XBMC settings, OS X sound preferences and audio-midi setup) and system configurations on the other axis would be a huge help.

Agreed. Setting my speakers to 7.1, 5.1 or 2.0 in XBMC on OSX all result in the same output to my 7.1 receiver. I read every post I can on audio related issues for OSX to try and get a grasp on the proper setup and just as lost as ever. It would really be beneficial to have something on the WIKI clarifying OSX audio setups like Glorious1 posted (table is a great idea).

(2013-01-30, 20:03)Lappen71 Wrote: To better judgement i updatet my working Eden installation to Frodo RC and then the sound problem started.
What i can see it was just movies and series with mp3 2.0 that whent silent.
I have my MacMini connected to my receiver with HDMI and i tried everything to solve it.

I had a similar problem, maybe the same. Navigation sounds, mp3 themes, and videos with AAC audio seemed to have no sound, while DTS and AC-3 worked great.. Then I found there actually was sound if I turned the receiver way too high.

Reading a Windows thread and responses by DDDamian, I found the answer. Somehow, either accidentally or via a bug, the XBMC audio gets turned low and perhaps inaudible with the receiver at normal levels. Check in guisettings.xml, search for <fvolumelevel>. If it is below 1.000000, change it to that value. Mine was about 0.300000. According to that thread, raising the volume through XBMC gui doesn't work in this case.

Passthrough audio (DTS, AC-3) is unaffected by this issue because that volume is not controlled by XBMC.

Edit: actually I'm not sure if there are multiple fvolumelevel tags in guisettings.xml. As DDDamian explained, this is where you would have to change it:
Code:
<audio>
    <mute>false</mute>
    <fvolumelevel>1.000000</fvolumelevel>
</audio>
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound problem with Frodo Release Candidate.Solved in new Frodo?0