Webserver Stopped when user log off
(2013-03-12, 17:33)SchattenMann Wrote: I understand your sugestion but i can guarantee is not related to the App itself. If we try to HTTP XBMC IP we get a 404 error. That's because the Webserver itself stops once we choose to change profiles. The iOS remote app stop work is nothing more but a side effect for the webserver stop.

Well, I can confirm from the debug log that the webserver is also stopped when logging out of the current profile using the Android remote app, but I can still interact with XBMC and choose a different profile to log-in and the webserver is then restarted for the new profile. This tells me that stopping the webserver doesn't necessarily terminate the communications from the remote app to XBMC. That's why I suggested trying different iOS remote apps on the off-chance that one of them may be coded to work the same way as the Android one.
thanks for the info you provided

i don't have an Android device to test on but i can confirm that iOS app and accessing xbmc:8080 and use the remote option doesn't work while changing profiles...

maybe the Android app is using JSON API while iOS is using HTTP?
My son came by to visit and he had his iPad with him, so I took the opportunity to install the official iOS remote on it and test this issue with switching profiles. I can confirm that the remote app stops working as soon as the profile selection window is displayed. Since I don't have this problem using the Android remote app on this same XBMC system, I stand by my suggestions in post #29.
thanks artrafael,

i did post a question there, no reply though

waiting for some news Wink
It looks like joethefox replied to you a couple of days after you posted your question there with this explanation: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1372858
Has this ever been resolved? I've read quite a few posts here on the forum, and I can't really find anything. I just set up two profiles (one for my kids) and when I logged off to switch, the official iOS remote disconnects and you can't switch profiles. The only thing that works is connecting a keyboard and selecting the new profile. I've tried Commander and Sybu remotes as well, and both of those have the same issue. You can't connect after you log off. Not sure profiles make much sense if you can't use the iOS remote to select them. Any help would be appreciated.
Sadly it seems like this issue has been swept under a rug that never gets moved :p
Hopefully this won't be an issue for much longer... it has been too many years!
See my post for more of the same information...
Can confirm this is still an issue.
It appears it an on going issue that was patched a few years ago.

217391 (thread)

Possible that the patch didn't go far enough.?

Browser control still controls, but says 'Connection to Webserver lost'.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Webserver Stopped when user log off0