Webserver Stopped when user log off
I'm referring to the remote control application you're running on your iOS or Android device... is that Frodo-compatible? I don't know about iOS, but for Android, a new version of the official XBMC remote for Android was placed in the app store that supports XBMC Frodo.
Oh yah it's compatible. App was updated a few months back to support frodo.

I'm certain the problem is not on the App side since logs show that webserver was stopped. Also I try to http xbmc during the profile selection screen I get a 404 so no doubt the issue is in my xbmc.

Weird no one else has he same...
bump for the day
Have you tried using another computer and a web browser to control your XBMC system via the web interface? Use the virtual remote control on the web interface to switch XBMC profiles and see if you lose connectivity to the webserver.

Also, what are the *exact* steps you take to swtich profiles?
yes i did tried that. is not a matter of "remote control App" stop working but it does stop work because the Webserver is not running...
the only way i can control the XBMC machine during the "select profile window" - since i don't have a keyboard/mouse connected - is with SSH, HTTP web interface is not running.

to switch profiles i just go to Shutdown - "down arrow" - and select log off.

on the exact second i select the log off option webserver is killed...

cheers
bump for the day Smile
bump Smile
no more ideas?
I'm not ignoring you. I just don't have anything else to suggest since I don't see that problem when I use my Android remote app (both the official Android remote app and Yatse) to switch profiles on my XBMC systems (2 Linux and 1 Windows) running Frodo. Maybe somebody else who experiences the same problem can chime in.
thats exactly what i'm hoping mate Smile
yes but bumping every day will not help. If someone has the same problem and searches fo ra solution they WILL find this thread.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem, although I did not look into the logs yet. As soon as I log off to choose another profile, the iPhone remote app stops working. It makes totally sense that if the webserver gets shut down on logging off you're not able to control XBMC any more. Since enabling the web server is actually part of an XBMC profile it makes also sense that currently this is a natural behavior: logging off -> no profile -> no webserver :-(

I am curious how the Android app communicates with XBMC. I thought it was over http, too, so I really wonder what's the difference to iOS here. (talking Frodo, don't forget!)

Also I wonder if there is really nobody else having this problem... hoping for a cure real soon.

Cheers!
Hi Slop,

Glad to see i'm not alone.

This is not the natural behavior because it was working OK before i update to Frodo and i always controlled XBMC with the iOS App.

I'm hopping i will have some free time till the end of the month to perform a clean install and see how it goes. At best this will simply be some issue when restoring the backup from a previous installation or so...

Cheers,
  • Try a different iOS remote app and see how it behaves
  • Try asking in the "Supplementary Tools for XBMC" forum in the thread devoted to the particular remote control app to see if anyone has any suggestions. The thread for the official iOS remote control app is here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128279
Hi artrafael,

I appreciate your comment.

I understand your sugestion but i can guarantee is not related to the App itself. If we try to HTTP XBMC IP we get a 404 error. That's because the Webserver itself stops once we choose to change profiles. The iOS remote app stop work is nothing more but a side effect for the webserver stop.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Webserver Stopped when user log off0