• 15(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
Hi ronie/all.
Does anyone know if this issue will be resolved or do I have to find alternative route? ie, is this something where I can amend a script myself etc?

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13698

Its related to exiting the screensaver back to the homescreen and the cursor is no longer focused within the menu etc.
I can give any further detail or logs if required.

Thanks and aplogies if I shouldn't post this here or duplicated posts etc.
Hi Ronie, thank you for your Screensaver, it mainly works very well. I am running it on an aTV2 with the Confluence Customizable Mod. Just a couple of points:

(2013-02-24, 01:00)ronie Wrote: it seems to happen with all screensavers,
a similar (not exactly the same) issue was reported here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157033

first it works correctly, but when the screensaver exits
the black background disappears but the image stays on screen.

i haven't been able to reproduce it myself.
I have this issue too sometimes. A 'ghost' type image from the screensaver that continues to be displayed at the home screen. Im using Pan & Zoom, and normally it just keeps panning and then goes away. I dont have any focus issues like previously discussed.

It seems to happen more often after the Screensaver has been running for a longer period of time.

As a seperate issue, I also noticed that uing 'Slideshow' Screensaver AddOn and having a Video Paused resulted in a crash on my aTV2 when the screensaver started. Not sure if this related to the AddOn, the Skin, or simply not enough resources on the aTV to do everything?

I have Enabled Settings > Appearance > Screensaver > Use Dim if Paused during Video Playback, to avoid this problem for the moment.

(2013-05-03, 17:39)TubbyPoutine Wrote: Displaying the currently playing music on top of the screensaver is fantastic. However, it is always docked in the same location on the screen. For plasma TV owners, this will cause burn-in...

Any chance you could make it non-static?

Suggestions:
1) Make it very slowly float around the screen
2) Make it slowly scroll down
3) Every 15 seconds it fades out and fades back in another random location on screen

Thanks

I second this. It would be a great addition to your nice AddOn. If this is too much coding (making it move around the screen), maybe an option would be to just have the Now Playing overlay show for the first 'xx' seconds of the song, rather than continuously?

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
version 0.1.6 is now available in the addon repo.

changelog:

v0.1.6
- fix empty tags handling in xmp library

v0.1.5
- auto update cache
- only use cache with image folder source

v0.1.4
- fix crash when checking cached images

v0.1.3
- add support for xmp tags
- make music info slightly transparent (prevent burn-in)

v0.1.2
- added yyyy-mm-dd format
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I just upgraded to xbmcbuntu 12.2. I'm trying to find the slideshow plugin in the XBMC.org repo, but there is no screensaver category. What am I missing?
(2013-08-19, 19:01)patpend Wrote: I just upgraded to xbmcbuntu 12.2. I'm trying to find the slideshow plugin in the XBMC.org repo, but there is no screensaver category. What am I missing?

try a 'Force refresh' on the XBMC.org Add-ons repo.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-08-07, 17:19)jmh2002 Wrote: ...
I didn't get any feedback about my above post - its a pity...

Never the less, to improve my situation I have done the following:
- Set the transition to Crossfade or Slide. Exiting Pan and Zoom seems to be problematical on the aTV2 (see above)
- Enabled Settings > Appearance > Screensaver > Use Dim if Paused during Video Playback, to avoid the crash if paused on video

Additionally, since upgrading to 0.1.6 I find the following issues:
- when switching on the TV after the TV2 has been running for an extended period with screensaver (all night), the screen sometimes flashes repeatedly, gradually slowing down, until sometimes it stops and I can exit the screensaver, or sometimes its locked/frozen and I need to crashboot to get out of it.

I have rolled back to 0.1.1 to see if I can confirm it is the update that is causing this.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
(2013-08-19, 19:05)ronie Wrote:
(2013-08-19, 19:01)patpend Wrote: I just upgraded to xbmcbuntu 12.2. I'm trying to find the slideshow plugin in the XBMC.org repo, but there is no screensaver category. What am I missing?

That's a nice tip Ronie, that I never knew was there. Although it appears that unfortunately after you force refresh or check for updates no dialog message appears indicating that the process completed, failed, or actually working.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-08-24, 02:19)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-08-19, 19:05)ronie Wrote:

That's a nice tip Ronie, that I never knew was there. Although it appears that unfortunately after you force refresh or check for updates no dialog message appears indicating that the process completed, failed, or actually working.

we have a PR for this issue:
2384 (PR)
(2013-08-24, 02:24)ronie Wrote:
(2013-08-24, 02:19)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-08-19, 19:05)ronie Wrote: try a 'Force refresh' on the XBMC.org Add-ons repo.

we have a PR for this issue:
2384 (PR)

Thanks for the heads up Ronie.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-08-22, 14:25)jmh2002 Wrote:

- Set the transition to Crossfade or Slide. Exiting Pan and Zoom seems to be problematical on the aTV2 (see above)
- Enabled Settings > Appearance > Screensaver > Use Dim if Paused during Video Playback, to avoid the crash if paused on video

- when switching on the TV after the TV2 has been running for an extended period with screensaver (all night), the screen sometimes flashes repeatedly, gradually slowing down, until sometimes it stops and I can exit the screensaver, or sometimes its locked/frozen and I need to crashboot to get out of it.

I have rolled back to 0.1.1 to see if I can confirm it is the update that is causing this.

it's a known issue, it happens with several other python based screensavers as well.
devs are looking into it: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170462
that thread is team only Wink
but as said we know about it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-08-24, 22:11)ronie Wrote:
(2013-08-22, 14:25)jmh2002 Wrote:

- when switching on the TV after the aTV2 has been running for an extended period with screensaver (all night), the screen sometimes flashes repeatedly, gradually slowing down, until sometimes it stops and I can exit the screensaver, or sometimes its locked/frozen and I need to crashboot to get out of it.

it's a known issue, it happens with several other python based screensavers as well.

Which part is the known issue? The flashing repeatedly and being locked/frozen?

The problem is, I did not have this problem before the latest Slideshow Screensaver update, and now even after uninstalling the Slideshow Screensaver AddOn and Reverting just to the simple Black Screensaver, the problem still exists.

Do I need to manually delete some other files too, in order to properly clean up the Slideshow Screensaver uninstall?

This is a huge problem for me. My aTV2 is left on continuously and now every morning its unusable.
(2013-08-26, 10:55)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2013-08-24, 22:11)ronie Wrote:
(2013-08-22, 14:25)jmh2002 Wrote: I didn't get any feedback about my above post - its a pity...

- when switching on the TV after the aTV2 has been running for an extended period with screensaver (all night), the screen sometimes flashes repeatedly, gradually slowing down, until sometimes it stops and I can exit the screensaver, or sometimes its locked/frozen and I need to crashboot to get out of it.

Which part is the known issue? The flashing repeatedly and being locked/frozen?

The problem is, I did not have this problem before the latest Slideshow Screensaver update, and now even after uninstalling the Slideshow Screensaver AddOn and Reverting just to the simple Black Screensaver, the problem still exists.

Do I need to manually delete some other files too, in order to properly clean up the Slideshow Screensaver uninstall?

This is a huge problem for me. My aTV2 is left on continuously and now every morning its unusable.

both freezes and crashes are known.

the flashing, i've never heard of it before.
if you've uninstalled the slideshow screensaver, the all traces of it should be gone.
the problem is likely elsewhere. if you enable debug logging in xbmc and wait for it to happen again,
the xbmc.log file might provide some clues on what's going on.
Will the slideshow display pdfs?
(2013-09-03, 22:27)larzeb Wrote: Will the slideshow display pdfs?

nope, only files with these extensions are supported:
'.jpg', '.jpeg', '.png', '.tif', '.tiff', '.gif', '.pcx', '.bmp', '.tga', '.ico'
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4