• 19(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
I'm getting this too...

CPythonInvoker(40, C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\screensaver.xbmc.slideshow\default.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it

Gotham compiled Feb 9th
I am having a weird issue - I set the slideshow screensaver to run, and it turns on, but it doesn't dim like it is supposed to. Then it will run for a minute, and then it will stop, and go back to regular mode, and wont come back on until I force an action on the screen (essentially resetting the timer).

I am on windows 7 x64, xbmc v12.3.

I will post an error log as soon as I figure out how to do it remotely, and reproduce the problem.

Any suggestions in the mean time?
Is there a way to programmatically stop the screensaver after its run through its images?
I've tried "self.stop = true", but that didnt seem to do anything.
is there a way to increase the time it displays a each image to longer than 60 seconds? I only want it to change images every 5 minutes.
Thanks for a great screen saver. This is an amazing way to remind me and my household as to what we have. The only problem I have is that when I am watching a TV show or movie and press pause, the screensaver kicks in but the paused and position bar stay on the screen. This does no favours for my plasma! Any ideas as to how I can get rid of it?

I have tried reseting to defaults and then choosing Video Fanart as source, 80% dim, 5 sec display time and Use filename for displaying the image name.
Thank you very much for your effort in making this great screensaver.
For a long time, I've wanted to be able to point the screensaver at a playlist file, rather than 'just' a folder.
After wandering through this thread I now have a way of doing that. I create a playlist that mimics your cache file format, overwrite your cache file with mine, and all is good!!!

Now the obligatory feature suggestion! Angel
Could you offer an option to, instead of pointing to a folder, point to a playlist file of images?
I 'have' been using .m3u files to use playlists in the slideshow function of xbmc ever since the xbox days.
As I described here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1582972

My reasoning behind this is that I have a subset of my images that I would like visible on the screensaver, and rather than making a copy of all the photos and putting them in a folder to point the screensaver to, I'd rather have the screensaver point directly to the individual photos out of my complete collection of images, that I want shown.
I can also build a playlist much quicker than copying the photos that I want.

This could also help some people, like keencookie who wants to only display certain files(skip some folders). Of couse for him to use this he'd need to create a list of all the files he does want seen.

But anyway, Thanks for the wonderful addin that is 'Slideshow Screensaver'.
(2014-03-12, 09:37)Rusti Wrote: Thanks for a great screen saver. This is an amazing way to remind me and my household as to what we have. The only problem I have is that when I am watching a TV show or movie and press pause, the screensaver kicks in but the paused and position bar stay on the screen. This does no favours for my plasma! Any ideas as to how I can get rid of it?

thanx for the report, i'll get that one fixed asap!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Somehow "report an issue" is not available at project's google code page, so here it is:

slideshow plugin chokes on UTF8 in path

14:39:20 T:139835922654976 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:39:20 T:139835922654976 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u0119' in position 54: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/zdzichu/.xbmc/addons/screensaver.xbmc.slideshow/resources/lib/gui.py", line 81, in onInit
items = self._get_items()
File "/home/zdzichu/.xbmc/addons/screensaver.xbmc.slideshow/resources/lib/gui.py", line 277, in _get_items
create_cache()
File "/home/zdzichu/.xbmc/addons/screensaver.xbmc.slideshow/resources/lib/utils.py", line 25, in create_cache
xbmc.executebuiltin('Notification(%s,%s,%i)' % (__addonid__, __language__(30019), 5000))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u0119' in position 54: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--

This happens when directories in photos' path have UTF-8 names. Locale is pl_PL.UTF-8

xbmc-13.0-0.10.Gotham_beta3.fc20.x86_64
I installed Gotham FINAL (released May 4, 2014) today and no photo-based slideshow screensaver works. I tried XBMC Slideshow Screensaver, Plugin Slideshow Screensaver and Big Picture. I've read backwards several pages on this thread, but it's not clear to me that XBMC Slideshow Screensaver needs to be, or is planned to be, updated to work with Gotham. Lot's of errors related to various Gotham Betas and one RC were mentioned, but it's not clear to me what the plan is (or if there is one).

Can someone please post what the status is for this screensaver?

=====================

UPDATE: I did a "force refresh" of the xbmc repository per http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ce_refresh and now it's fixed.
Hello,
I've found no other place to submit patches for enhancements for this great screensaver, so here it goes... My photos have location information (sublocation/city/country, etc.), and I'd like to see that info during slideshow. So I added this trivial feature, and would like it to be considered for inclusion into official version.

Location information is only shown if available, as an additional line, below title/description/tags. sublocation/city/state/country are shown as comma-separated list, if some tags are not included, that info is omitted.

Patch:

Code:
diff -uNr screensaver.xbmc.slideshow.orig\resources\lib\gui.py screensaver.xbmc.slideshow\resources\lib\gui.py
--- screensaver.xbmc.slideshow.orig\resources\lib\gui.py        Sat May 03 20:22:20 2014
+++ screensaver.xbmc.slideshow\resources\lib\gui.py     Sat May 03 16:02:08 2014
@@ -154,10 +154,12 @@
                 title = ''
                 description = ''
                 keywords = ''
+                location = ''
                 exif = False
                 iptc_ti = False
                 iptc_de = False
                 iptc_ke = False
+                iptc_lo = False
                 if self.slideshow_type == '2' and ((self.slideshow_date == 'true') or (self.slideshow_iptc == 'true')) and (os.path.splitext(img[0])[1].lower() in EXIF_TYPES):
                     imgfile = xbmcvfs.File(img[0])
                     # get exif date
@@ -199,6 +201,22 @@
                             if iptctags.has_key(25):
                                 keywords = ', '.join(iptctags[25]).decode('utf-8')
                                 iptc_ke = True
+                            if iptctags.has_key(90) or iptctags.has_key(92) or iptctags.has_key(95) or iptctags.has_key(101):
+                                loc_arr = []
+                                # sub-location
+                                if iptctags.has_key(92):
+                                   loc_arr.append(iptctags[92].decode('utf-8'))
+                                # City
+                                if iptctags.has_key(90):
+                                   loc_arr.append(iptctags[90].decode('utf-8'))
+                                # Province / State
+                                if iptctags.has_key(95):
+                                   loc_arr.append(iptctags[95].decode('utf-8'))
+                                # Country
+                                if iptctags.has_key(101):
+                                   loc_arr.append(iptctags[101].decode('utf-8'))
+                                location = ', '.join(loc_arr)
+                                iptc_lo = True
                         except:
                             pass
                         if (not iptc_ti or not iptc_de or not iptc_ke):
@@ -223,8 +241,17 @@
                 else:
                     self.datelabel.setVisible(False)
                 # display iptc data if we have any
-                if iptc_ti or iptc_de or iptc_ke:
-                    self.textbox.setText(title + '[CR]' + description + '[CR]' + keywords)
+                textbox_str = ''
+                if iptc_ti:
+                   textbox_str += title + '[CR]'
+                if iptc_de:
+                   textbox_str += description + '[CR]'
+                if iptc_ke:
+                   textbox_str += keywords + '[CR]'
+                if iptc_lo:
+                   textbox_str += location + '[CR]'
+                if textbox_str != '':
+                    self.textbox.setText(textbox_str)
                     self.textbox.setVisible(True)
                 else:
                     self.textbox.setVisible(False)
(2014-04-13, 17:51)zdzichu Wrote: Somehow "report an issue" is not available at project's google code page, so here it is:

slideshow plugin chokes on UTF8 in path

14:39:20 T:139835922654976 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:39:20 T:139835922654976 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u0119' in position 54: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/zdzichu/.xbmc/addons/screensaver.xbmc.slideshow/resources/lib/gui.py", line 81, in onInit
items = self._get_items()
File "/home/zdzichu/.xbmc/addons/screensaver.xbmc.slideshow/resources/lib/gui.py", line 277, in _get_items
create_cache()
File "/home/zdzichu/.xbmc/addons/screensaver.xbmc.slideshow/resources/lib/utils.py", line 25, in create_cache
xbmc.executebuiltin('Notification(%s,%s,%i)' % (__addonid__, __language__(30019), 5000))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u0119' in position 54: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--

This happens when directories in photos' path have UTF-8 names. Locale is pl_PL.UTF-8

xbmc-13.0-0.10.Gotham_beta3.fc20.x86_64

thank you for the report.
this issue should be fixed in the next version.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
im getting this in the debug log after exiting screensaver my moving mouse.
(i just uninstalled and reinstalled the screensaver addon)

1:47:04 T:2886575168 INFO: CPythonInvoker(6, /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/screensaver.xbmc.slideshow/default.py): script successfully run
11:47:04 T:2886575168 ERROR: CPythonInvoker(6, /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/screensaver.xbmc.slideshow/default.py): failed to run the gc to clean up after running prior to shutting down the Interpreter
11:47:04 T:2886575168 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(6, /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/screensaver.xbmc.slideshow/default.py): the python script "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/screensaver.xbmc.slideshow/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N14PythonBindings42XBMCAddon_xbmcgui_WindowXMLDialog_DirectorE,N14PythonBindings31XBMCAddon_xbmc_Monitor_DirectorE,N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6WindowE
11:47:04 T:2886575168 INFO: Python script stopped
11:47:04 T:2886575168 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 2886575168 terminating
11:47:08 T:3037401744 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------
Exclamation 
Hy Ronie,

first i want to thank you for your screensaver it's great!!!

Is there a way to use the screensaver as DiaShow-AddOnHuh

I ask because i have a lot of BIG-Pictures, that are not shown complete by the Diashow, though the dashow has no Feature to resize to screen Pictures when showing.

regards

DaJo
I must say this is a realy nice screensaver.
Only one thing that just bugs me. The image quality does not match up to that of the imageviewer that is in XBMC.
The pictuers look fuzzy and pixellated.
It might just be a configuration on my side but please correct me if I am wrong.
Has anybody else experienced this?

I am running XBMC 12 on 1080p.
Thanks for the help! And keep up the good work!
Incredible screensaver - great work getting it to this level! Best transition effects i've seen so far.

I have it working perfectly on my raspbmc playing local files - although when I select the folder - I dont have any options to view network locations when I go back to the highest folder my options are

Home folder
RECOVERY
Root filesystem
SETTINGS

Then I have the options to click [ OK ] and [ Cancel ] (new folder / mirror image buttons aer greyed out)

How can I go to a network location that I have opened up in the file system. I would love to use the photos from my NAS to display on this screensaver and create a digital photo frame!

Sorry - i'm new to XBMC & Raspberry Pi, sorry if this question sounds silly.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4