• 22(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
Thank you very much for this fantastic addon!

Is there an option to change (rotate) corner position for picture name text each x seconds and/or change font size?
Ronnie, in your next update would you please adjust the file name size shown in lower left to allow for more characters? right now some of mine get truncated. Perhaps you could simply allow the name to use the entire bottom row.

I just finished setting up an old 19" LCD TV with a Raspberry PI as a digital picture frame. I've done a lot of Googling, including looking at Screenly, but raspbmc and this add-on is the perfect solution for pictures stored on local network. Your add-on made it very easy to implement!

I created a How To video here.
http://youtu.be/fmVsnExQBHo

BTW, will new pictures be auto added to slideshow if "enable image cache" is off? Will Rpi choke if cache isn't on?

Thank you!
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2014-10-08, 05:08)sammarbella Wrote: Thank you very much for this fantastic addon!

Is there an option to change (rotate) corner position for picture name text each x seconds and/or change font size?

nope, addons can't define fontsizes (it's a shortcoming of xbmc).
skins, however, can define their own look and feel of the screensaver window... should they wish to do so.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-10-08, 17:58)CaptainKen Wrote: Ronnie, in your next update would you please adjust the file name size shown in lower left to allow for more characters? right now some of mine get truncated. Perhaps you could simply allow the name to use the entire bottom row.

I just finished setting up an old 19" LCD TV with a Raspberry PI as a digital picture frame. I've done a lot of Googling, including looking at Screenly, but raspbmc and this add-on is the perfect solution for pictures stored on local network. Your add-on made it very easy to implement!

BTW, will new pictures be auto added to slideshow if "enable image cache" is off? Will Rpi choke if cache isn't on?

Thank you!

i can reserve some additional space for the image title, no problem.
but it won't be full-screen, as a need space to display the image tags as well on the other side of the screen.

if you disable cache, new images will be added automatically, if you enable cache they won't.
i'll rename this setting as it's probably confusing (it does not cache the images itself, but it caches a list of available images)
'create image index' might be better suited, i guess.
...and nope, it shouldn't choke your rPi.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-10-08, 18:54)ronie Wrote:
(2014-10-08, 17:58)CaptainKen Wrote: Ronnie, in your next update would you please adjust the file name size shown in lower left to allow for more characters? right now some of mine get truncated. Perhaps you could simply allow the name to use the entire bottom row.

Thank you!

i can reserve some additional space for the image title, no problem.
but it won't be full-screen, as a need space to display the image tags as well on the other side of the screen.

if you disable cache, new images will be added automatically, if you enable cache they won't.
i'll rename this setting as it's probably confusing (it does not cache the images itself, but it caches a list of available images)
'create image index' might be better suited, i guess.
...and nope, it shouldn't choke your rPi.

Thank you Ronnie for taking the time to provide a detailed response!
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2014-10-08, 18:23)ronie Wrote:
(2014-10-08, 05:08)sammarbella Wrote: Thank you very much for this fantastic addon!

nope, addons can't define fontsizes (it's a shortcoming of xbmc).
skins, however, can define their own look and feel of the screensaver window... should they wish to do so.

Ya i should had remembered about the font size limitation... Confused

Any possibility to add an option to select a different corner than lower right for fanart name position?

Or a rotation option each x seconds/each image (up left, up right, low left, low right and repeat)?
Hi there,
I'm trying to point to a network folder with pictures in it, but :

1. if cache is enabled, i get a rolling pointed wheel instead of the pictures
2. if cache is disabled, i get the movies pictures

Here are my logs : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=317798
(2014-10-12, 22:48)djoole Wrote: Hi there,
I'm trying to point to a network folder with pictures in it, but :

1. if cache is enabled, i get a rolling pointed wheel instead of the pictures
2. if cache is disabled, i get the movies pictures

Here are my logs : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=317798

thx! should be fixed in this version:
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/screensav...-1.0.5.zip
Thank YOU! Smile
Your fix works, and you couldn't be faster, nice one Smile
I like this plugin, but could be possible dim also aditional information like information about music or pictures name? There is big difference in electric consuption on my plasma when is everything dimmed or not.
Thanks a lot.
(2014-10-14, 21:31)sealex Wrote: I like this plugin, but could be possible dim also aditional information like information about music or pictures name? There is big difference in electric consuption on my plasma when is everything dimmed or not.
Thanks a lot.

yep, makes sense to dim the entire screen.

should be implemented in:
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/screensav...-1.0.6.zip

feel free to take it for a test spin.
This is it !!! Thanks a lot. Is it possible time to time change corner of music info or use floating mode?
(2014-10-17, 08:52)sealexcz Wrote: This is it !!! Thanks a lot. Is it possible time to time change corner of music info or use floating mode?

i'll see if i can make it move around a bit.
Hi Ronie,

I'm using 1.0.5 with a network (samba) folder full of subfolders, themselves being full of photos.
There must be more than 1000 photos.

I have the strange feeling I'm not seeing all of them...
Is there a way to check that?

On the other hand, i set up the screensaver so that i also get the photos slideshow on pause instead of dim, and several times, after letting the pause on a long time, i found XBMC crashed with a last line in the logs referring to the slideshow addon, but nothing explaining though.
I would like to enable debug and post logs, but haven't taken the time to do so yet (having the debug display in OSD during playback is PITA, it should be an option)
In the mean time i reactivated the dim option when paused.
(2014-10-26, 12:30)djoole Wrote: Hi Ronie,

I'm using 1.0.5 with a network (samba) folder full of subfolders, themselves being full of photos.
There must be more than 1000 photos.

I have the strange feeling I'm not seeing all of them...
Is there a way to check that?

On the other hand, i set up the screensaver so that i also get the photos slideshow on pause instead of dim, and several times, after letting the pause on a long time, i found XBMC crashed with a last line in the logs referring to the slideshow addon, but nothing explaining though.
I would like to enable debug and post logs, but haven't taken the time to do so yet (having the debug display in OSD during playback is PITA, it should be an option)
In the mean time i reactivated the dim option when paused.

check if 'create cache' is enabled in the addon settings.
if so, you may need to hit 'update cache', this will create a fresh index of all your images.
the results of this action are saved to a file in:
../userdata/addon_data/screensaver.picture.slideshow/<hash>

as for the debug log without on-screen info, you can enable this through advancedsettings:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#loglevel
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4