Music Library sometimes preferring folder.jpg to ID3 embedded art (Frodo RC3)
Problem seems to occur when tracks are loose inside an artists folder.

This occurs in my file structure with singles by artists of whom i also have albums.

XBMC is sometimes using the folder.jpg image it finds in the same directory as the .mp3 instead of the embedded single cover.

The folder.jpg is obviously an artist image, not the required single image.

I thought XBMC was meant to always give precedence to embedded artwork?

Anyone else experienced this?

I have noticed the same, noticed it on eden too but never got round to trying to resolve the issue as have a few other niggles I'm trying to sort out at the moment
No, it gives precedence to folder.jpg if the embedded art is the same across everything in the album. The theory being that one presumes the user has placed the folder.jpg there, whereas they may not have had a role in choosing the embedded art.

Note that on Eden we always preferred folder.jpg. Further, it took the first embedded bit of art found as the album art regardless of whether songs had different art.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the response. I see what it is doing now Smile

So, due to this behaviour, one basically can't keep a single single loose at the artist root folder level right? In this case the folder.jpg which is an artist image will incorrectly be used for the single.

I will change my storage automation then, but wouldn't it be an idea to have at least the option of XBMC always preferring embedded art for album/.single covers?

I keep my ID3s meticulously organised and only have folder.jpg present due to running export backups of the library.

Thanks Smile
I keep my loose MP3s in folder structure of

Singles\A
Singles\B
Singles\C

etc...

is this best practice for a situation like this - in some cases the embedded cover art works but in others it picks up one from a different track
If you have an artist root and singles in the artist root, then it may well depend on how many singles you have there. If there's only one, then it may be that it matches the "all 'albums' in the folder have the same embedded art, so override with folder.jpg" rule. If there's more than one, with one presumes separate embedded art, then it won't hit the rule. The easiest thing is to just have a Singles subfolder within the artist.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Quote:The easiest thing is to just have a Singles subfolder within the artist.

Yeah, have re-organised so that way now....probably tidier that way anyway!

Cheers Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library sometimes preferring folder.jpg to ID3 embedded art (Frodo RC3)0