[[SOLVED]] - XBMC Video on Windows Home Server 2011
HI All,

I've hit some headaches with a recent setup and was hoping it would just require a few tweaks but I'm struggling to find them. I've recently purchased a HP Proliant N40 Server which is set up near my TV. I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone by using it as a NAS and also for XBMC. I threw a HD6450 Graphics card in and built it with Windows 7 initially as I wanted to tinker. It played everything I wanted it too including 1080p without any issues so the hardware has enough grunt for my needs. However, I've just purchased WHS 2011 as I would like all my PCs in the house to backup to it automatically etc. I've installed it and it's now up and running, I installed XBMC 12 last night but it really struggled to play any HD content (720/1080) So I tried some SD content which again it really struggled with. I ended up digging out a XBMC 11 setup and installed that instead thinking it may have been something in the new XBMC release but again still struggling. I installed VLC player which played the 1080p content for about 5/6 seconds before freezing. Within XBMC it is set to use DXVA etc.

I know the box itself has the power to cope with the video playback so the only thing I can think is that it's not using Hardware Acceleration for the video. I've Googled XBMC on WHS and there are a number of people using it happily although it's not probably the recommended platform. Does anyone have any ideas I could try as I really do want to stick with WHS rather than going back Win7.

Cheers

Ry
Are your audio settings correct ?
Have you enabled full graphic acceleration in the OS?

Also see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90534
Thanks Kibje, I've just noticed that I have no sound, I put it down to the jerky playback that somehow it wasn't outputing Audio but also noticed I wasn't getting any default sounds when navigating through the XBMC GUI. All audio settings looked ok so I uninstalled and reinstalled the GPU Drivers again clutching at straws and now it works a treat! The Driver must have been corrupted on the initial install. I'm now a happy chappy!
Please mark the thread as solved, will keep everything tidy on forum Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[[SOLVED]] - XBMC Video on Windows Home Server 20110