Downgrade Frodo back2 Eden
ATV2 I need a step by step to downgrade, delete, uninstall Frodo. I want to go back to Eden. I know how to SSH with cyberduck and can work with OSX terminal. I have 2 ATV2's, one with Frodo with with Eden both running ios 5.1. Could it be as easy as copying the XBMC files from one to the other? Thanks dev team XBMC is the best. It has literally changed my life, changed how I entertain, changed how I see the world. Sounds corny I know but it is true. Thx
Use the "nightly build" install instructions, but use this for the downloaded file part:
Code:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-4_iphoneos-arm.deb
now im getting

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
beigelist: Depends: mobilesubstrate (>= 0.9.3353-1) but it is not going to be installed
com.nito.nitotv: Depends: mobilesubstrate but it is not going to be installed
com.nito.updatebegone: Depends: mobilesubstrate but it is not going to be installed
com.rrr.rowmotehelper-atv2: Depends: mobilesubstrate but it is not going to be installed
com.saurik.substrate.safemode: Depends: mobilesubstrate (>= 0.9.3367+38) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
Someone also had this happen on IRC. Add --force to the dpkg command and it should work.
ok will try that.
I had the problem of dependencies and I finally found the source of the problem (at least for me). It is plex.list located in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/.
Following steps fix the problem (and uninstall plex):
Code:
dpkg -r com.plex.client-plugin
rm -f /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plex.list
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
killall AppleTV
A new Plex version "should" fix the frodo and Plex issue.. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154102

(Maybe adding Plex to the title of the sticky could help?)
Adapted thread title of the sticky...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
followed all instructions with no errors. Now my XBMC icon is no where to be found on apple tv splash screen. any ideas?
(2013-02-26, 04:47)SmallwoodDR82 Wrote: followed all instructions with no errors. Now my XBMC icon is no where to be found on apple tv splash screen. any ideas?

I got the same problem, any solution?
Rejailbreak, and install eden from scratch Wink
did a reboot work? want to do the same to test something, but not planning to if there are issues.
I have the missing icon after rollback to Eden too. Thoughts?
Dear All,

I have the same problem. What seems to happen is when I enter the "dpkg -i *xbmc*.deb" command it goes through preparing to replace, unpacking replacement, until it gets to Setting up org.xbmc.xbmc.atv2 (11.0.4) at which point the ATV reboots itself and the ssh just spins back to the root# prompt. I assume this means it has uninstalled the previous version but crashed out of installing the new one.

What I don't understand from the advice to re-jaibreak and install from scratch is that you have to have a stable version in order to use the nightly update process. This means following the installation guide you get Frodo by default and find yourself in a continual loop of trying to downgrade.

Just to explain why I want to do this, I was getting the crashing all the time problem with v12.1 so followed the advice to downgrade to 12.0 at which point my libraries will not update and I've lost all artwork. So I'd love to revert to Eden, which worked like a dream. The only thing I'm not sure about is how to avoid add-ons, particularly skins, updating to Frodo compliant and crashing the system, which I think is what happened previously and regrettably caused me to upgrade to Frodo in the first place.

Any guidance would be great, particularly from those who said "this process worked like a charm".

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Downgrade Frodo back2 Eden0