Playlist for HD audio
Since i've now upgraded to frodo final, i'm interested in having a smart playlist for the movies on my system that are either dts-hdma or truehd.

Does anyone know how to achieve this, i'm assuming it's the audio codec option that i need for a playlist but i can't find what the name of the codec is.

Or is something to do with bitrate of the audio track ?

Just try some out!

truehd
dtshd
dtshdma

You'll get them eventually Wink
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I know this is an old thread but after much searching this thread is the only thing I can find related to my problem. I want a smart playlist that displays only movies with DTS audio. I have played around trial and error as suggested above but I can not find the exact codec names to use. The codec field in the smart playlist uses IS/IS NOT logic so you need to know the exact codec names and I can't find them. This page didn't help much either. http://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists#Fields Has anyone had any luck creating a smart playlist based on the audio codec?
Rule should be something like

"audio codec" is "truehd" (or "dtshd-ma")

I think. Not sure on the exact value for those, like it might be "dtshd_ma" instead of "dtshd-ma".

I'll test it myself in a bit here.
Sorting unique types from the idAudioCodec column from the streamdetails table in the video database I got these

Code:
aac
ac3
adpcm_ms
adpcm_swf
dca
dtshd_ma
flac
mp2
mp3
pcm_dvd
truehd
vorbis
wmav2

So,

truehd
dtshd_ma
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Yep, this works. I didn't have any dtshd_ma or truehd files, but I tried with varous other codecs, such as

"audio codec" "is" "ac3"

and it worked as a rule for a smart playlist.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlist for HD audio0