Aeon Nox CPU usage when idle / minimised
@ringoj, Thank you for the suggestion. You are correct I already have the "Sync playback to display" set.
I also get idle usage sitting on the home screen with no dirty regions happening of about twice that of plain confluence. Atom N280 based "thin client" machine with 4GB ram running Arch Linux. It's still acceptable, Aeon Nox is much nicer than plain old confluence but there is something funky going on I can only guess there is some script that is constantly running in the background when it doesn't need to be. It's too bad XBMC doesn't expose any kind of internal information about it's own processes to the outside.
Just to add to this, I've been trying out the latest 13 Gotham Nightlies, and cpu usage is 2-5% and then drops to 0% when idle, and stays that way. On 12.2 cpu stays between 5-15% consistently. I know that Nox is not officially supported on 13, but I think there is something new going on that lowers cpu usage in the recent builds. I have an old AMD BE-2300 which is not very powerful at all, so this is a good sign.
Resurrecting a dead thread but I found a solution so thought I'd post....

I had the same issue, 25-30% CPU when idle. I decided to mess about with some addons that were installed. I came across one called GA Checker. I ran it and disabled everything it came up with. After restarting XBMC, CPU usage down to around 4%, with the odd spike to around 13%.

I understand GA Checker looks for addons with google analytics code. I guess these addons could have been relentlessly trying to phone home or something. Removing these addons has helped me and now hopefully somebody else too.
(2014-01-12, 09:16)Ratbag Wrote: Resurrecting a dead thread but I found a solution so thought I'd post....

I had the same issue, 25-30% CPU when idle. I decided to mess about with some addons that were installed. I came across one called GA Checker. I ran it and disabled everything it came up with. After restarting XBMC, CPU usage down to around 4%, with the odd spike to around 13%.

I understand GA Checker looks for addons with google analytics code. I guess these addons could have been relentlessly trying to phone home or something. Removing these addons has helped me and now hopefully somebody else too.

That's one of the addons you get from one of those piracy sites which install all kind of junk on your htpc without you knowing it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Not sure if it's considered a piracy site, but it must have got installed when I installed XBMC hub wizard.....
(2014-01-12, 12:05)Ratbag Wrote: Not sure if it's considered a piracy site, but it must have got installed when I installed XBMC hub wizard.....

Yes it is and also
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_HUB_Wizard
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Try 2 things to reduce CPU:
1) Enable / disable vertical sync
2) Disable unwanted views
(2014-01-18, 14:39)N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote: Try 2 things to reduce CPU:
1) Enable / disable vertical sync
2) Disable unwanted views

That is one RANDOM fix, but it #1 worked for me straight away. Aeon Nox was blasting 100% on one core of my quad-core CPU. I did this and now it's not much worse than idle. However, the problem comes back every time you reboot XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox CPU usage when idle / minimised0