Weird "Now Playing: Streaming" when launching XBMC Frodo
Couldn't find what I was looking for through a search.

I just upgraded to Frodo from Eden, and on the initial launch of Frodo, I got a randomitems.py script error... which I think I solved by updating randomitems. But something strange is happening... Frodo would act like it's locked up at the Aeon Nox loading page (the spin progress locks, can't move mouse anywhere) But if I let it sit for about 5-8 minutes, it finishes loading. When it gets to the home screen, it automatically shows a disc spinning and say "Now Playing: Streaming"... I'm assuming that is what's locking things up at launch. Nothing is streaming though, no sounds, no information... the minutes counter do count up... but nothing's going on. I can stop the "Stream" in XBMC commander and go on my way, but because of this weird streaming thing my XBMC load/lock time is ridiculously long. I don't have a live stream plugin installed, so I don't really know what's happening here. Any insight?

Thanks
thast airplay/airtunes. Something in your network is trying to stream audio to xbmc. (do you have any ubuntu boxes running which maybe defaults to airplay output?)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-02-01, 00:23)Memphiz Wrote: thast airplay/airtunes. Something in your network is trying to stream audio to xbmc. (do you have any ubuntu boxes running which maybe defaults to airplay output?)

That's exactly what it was. I had airfoil from the server automatically connecting to the Mac Mini's airfoil speaker. Even though airfoil speaker wasn't running, it was still connecting to XBMC.

Awesome, thank you so much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird "Now Playing: Streaming" when launching XBMC Frodo0