[RELEASE] Last.fm addon
plugin.audio.lastfm

features:
  • last.fm radio
  • last.fm scrobbling
  • last.fm love/ban tracks

limitations:
please note, last.fm radio is only available in these countries:
United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and Brazil
and
you need a paid last.fm subscription.

the scobbling functionality is available to everyone who has a regular (free) last.fm account.

setup:
- obviously you'll need to enter your last.fm username and password in the addon settings
- if you enable the scrobbler in the addon, don't forget to disable the xbmc scrobbler, else your tracks will be scrobbled twice
- after enabling the scrobbler in the addon, please restart xbmc
- you'll find the last.fm addon under music addons

download:
the last.fm addon is available in the XBMC.org repo.

info for skinners:
replacements for the built-in infobools:
Window(Home).Property(LastFM.RadioPlaying)
Window(Home).Property(LastFM.CanLove)
Window(Home).Property(LastFM.CanBan)

LastFM.Love:
RunScript(plugin.audio.lastfm,action=LastFM.Love)

LastFM.Ban:
RunScript(plugin.audio.lastfm,action=LastFM.Ban)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
windows xp, uk subscriber, frodo final.

only tested for about 1 minute and the wife wants the telly.

works great, i played my recommendations radio.

woo hoo last fm is back, thanks ronie.
Awesome, thanks Ronie, I've just upgraded to Frodo on Linux (Ubuntu). I'll install the addon and report back...

Appreciate your time on this. Smile
I'm gonna test it on the Raspberry Pi and OpenELEC. Smile
So I've been using for a few hours over the weekend and it's not crashed XBMC (is that what you mean by crash or do you mean crash the plugin only?). I do have something strange happening though; when I start to play a stream, say my user mix, it pops up the opening stream dialogue box but it stays on screen at 0% even though the stream starts... If I leave it on screen it plays fine but if I click back, to remove the dialogue, I only get 2 more tracks before the stream stops... There are only 2 in the playlist also. So it's not crashing but it's unexpected behaviour.

I'll persevere but right now I'm well chuffed to have my recommendations streaming through XBMC again Smile

Oh, and one question. Is there any way to play a last.FM radio station? Chillout radio for example. I've seen this in some of the old plugins but I can only see user specific listings at the moment, maybe I missed something?

Thanks again Roni.
(2013-02-04, 00:34)Jaymzie007 Wrote: So I've been using for a few hours over the weekend and it's not crashed XBMC (is that what you mean by crash or do you mean crash the plugin only?).
nope, xbmc was crashing sometimes during radio playback.

(2013-02-04, 00:34)Jaymzie007 Wrote: I do have something strange happening though; when I start to play a stream, say my user mix, it pops up the opening stream dialogue box but it stays on screen at 0% even though the stream starts... If I leave it on screen it plays fine but if I click back, to remove the dialogue, I only get 2 more tracks before the stream stops...
make me a screenshot whenever you got a minute to spare.
the addon doesn't popup any dialogs by itself, so it must be xbmc.
the only one i ever see it the busy dialog, but that one disappears by itself when the stream starts to play.

(2013-02-04, 00:34)Jaymzie007 Wrote: There are only 2 in the playlist also.
yup, that's correct. there's two items in the playlist all the time,
the current track and the next one.

(2013-02-04, 00:34)Jaymzie007 Wrote: Oh, and one question. Is there any way to play a last.FM radio station? Chillout radio for example. I've seen this in some of the old plugins but I can only see user specific listings at the moment, maybe I missed something?
i don't think that was previously available in xbmc... unless i missed something :-)

for now i'd like to focus on replacing what we had when last.fm was built-in in xbmc,
adding new features is something for the future.

cheers for the feedback mate, much appreciated!
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
This is working great for me on Apple TV 2 with Frodo so far. Haven't had any extended listening yet though but haven't had a crash yet either.

One question...Frodo still has Last.fm song submission in Settings/Music. You have it in the add on as well. Can I assume that yours submits songs listened to in the App only and the Settings/Music entry is responsible for submitting songs listened to from the music library?
(2013-02-04, 17:19)VMCosco Wrote: This is working great for me on Apple TV 2 with Frodo so far. Haven't had any extended listening yet though but haven't had a crash yet either.

One question...Frodo still has Last.fm song submission in Settings/Music. You have it in the add on as well. Can I assume that yours submits songs listened to in the App only and the Settings/Music entry is responsible for submitting songs listened to from the music library?

nope, both do exactly the same.

the one in xbmc will likely be removed in the near future (xbmc v13.0).
Ok, still no crashes Smile

The dialogue 'issue' I'm seeing is likely to be a skin issue. I see it when calling the stream from a custom menu in Neon. The custom menu calls the stream from my favourites list. All a bit convoluted to worry about seeing as Neon isn't fully supported in Frodo yet. When I tried selecting the stream in Confluence it worked fine. Here's the screenshot anyway. So if I leave it like that I'll get continuous playback but if I press back to get rid it seems to stop the addon...

Re. 2 items in the playlist... Doh, I thought there should be 3 items for some reason. Just weird that when I get rid of the dialogue in Neon that I get two more tracks and it stops playing, maybe something to do with me pressing back? Do you think this would stop you addon from getting any more songs?

The last.FM radio feature would be great but if it's not right there with the current lists in the API then appreciate it would be a v2 ting Wink

I'll keep you posted with any more thoughts and thanks again, the TV's been off for the last few nights Cool
(2013-02-05, 01:08)Jaymzie007 Wrote: The dialogue 'issue' I'm seeing is likely to be a skin issue. I see it when calling the stream from a custom menu in Neon. The custom menu calls the stream from my favourites list. All a bit convoluted to worry about seeing as Neon isn't fully supported in Frodo yet. When I tried selecting the stream in Confluence it worked fine. Here's the screenshot anyway. So if I leave it like that I'll get continuous playback but if I press back to get rid it seems to stop the addon...

ah thanx. i'm not sure if all of that is supported tbh.
never tried it myself.

mapping the addon itself to the home menu should give you any problems,
but directly mapping a stream from within the addon... no idea really.

(2013-02-05, 01:08)Jaymzie007 Wrote: Re. 2 items in the playlist... Doh, I thought there should be 3 items for some reason. Just weird that when I get rid of the dialogue in Neon that I get two more tracks and it stops playing, maybe something to do with me pressing back? Do you think this would stop you addon from getting any more songs?

pressing back probably kills the addon, so it can't fetch new tracks and add them to the playlist.
xbmc will just keep on playing the current playlist until it runs out of songs, that's why you get two more tracks after cancelling the dialog.
So.. tested it for a few days and here is my experience:

it it works, the add-on works fine. No crashes of XBMC, OE or the RPi.

But a big issue is that the playlist is not properly repopulated. It seems as if radio.getPlaylist is not called (often enough). It happens that I can skip several songs without any problems, and then again it happens that the playlist ends after two tracks without touching the remote control at all. btw: omxplayer is the only and default player here.

It would be also really nice (a killer feature), if one can tune into a station, that is not listed, by creating station urls (lastfm://<stationtype>/<resourcename>/<station-subtype>) on the fly.

e.g. a small wizard:

Stationtype: artist|user|globaltag
Artist/Username/Tag: <name>
Subtype: similarartists|library|fans|mix|recommended|neighbours|...
(2013-02-06, 00:16)1358 Wrote: But a big issue is that the playlist is not properly repopulated. It seems as if radio.getPlaylist is not called (often enough). It happens that I can skip several songs without any problems, and then again it happens that the playlist ends after two tracks without touching the remote control at all. btw: omxplayer is the only and default player here.

cheers for the feedback, much appreciated!

if you could ever capture that issue in a Debug Log,
i'd be most interested to have a look at it.

i have one idea of handling updating the playlist in a different way
but i'm not sure yet if that will work out.
Thank you so much. It is working great.
HTPC 1: Asus AT5ION, 4 GB RAM, 60 GB Corsair SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case;
HTPC 2: Asus AT3ION, 4 GB RAM, 60 GB Corsair SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case;
HTPC 3: ASRock A330, 4 GB RAM, 60 GB OCZ SSD, MCE Remote, Custom Case;
(2013-02-06, 20:13)ronie Wrote: if you could ever capture that issue in a debug log,
i'd be most interested to have a look at it.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=33645
It seems as if curl fails with code 18.

Here the complete debug log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=33659

I started xbmc, started my personal last.fm radio and did nothing further.
Thumbs Up 
aaawweeeessooome =)

Even with the problem, that sometimes, I also get the message
"Can't find a next item to play"
when skiping a song!

Thanks a lot Ronie!!

One (probably very stupid) question:
How can I love/ban songs?! Huh
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Last.fm addon2