• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Last.fm addon
(2013-02-08, 22:21)chendro Wrote: aaawweeeessooome =)

Even with the problem, that sometimes, I also get the message
"Can't find a next item to play"
when skiping a song!
i'm working on it Smile
will hopefully be fixed in the next version.

(2013-02-08, 22:21)chendro Wrote: One (probably very stupid) question:
How can I love/ban songs?! Huh

that is something skins will have to integrate.
several skins had love/ban buttons on the music osd in xbmc eden,
but those were removed in frodo since the built-in last.fm radio broke in xbmc.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-02-07, 19:01)1358 Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 20:13)ronie Wrote: if you could ever capture that issue in a debug log,
i'd be most interested to have a look at it.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=33645
It seems as if curl fails with code 18.

Here the complete debug log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=33659

I started xbmc, started my personal last.fm radio and did nothing further.
cheers for the feedback!
the regular logfile is of not useful here, i would really need a Debug Log.

but there's no need to make one at this point, as i'm working on a next version that handless things in a different way.
it may also fix the issue you encountered.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi,

Been waiting for this so thanks ever so much! Unfortunately however for me when i try and start a radio station i get this message;

"The Webservices API key supplied does not have permission to stream / create new radio trials"

Im a bit of a newbie but any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks
Hi, I'd love to get this addon going, but when I try and install I get "dependencies not met"? I'm fairly new to xbmc, am I missing something? I've downloaded the zip given in the first post and then pointed the add-ons "install from zip file" to the downloaded zip.
I'm using Eden on Ubuntu 12.04 (Acer Revo).
Thanks
It's not for Eden
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ah, I was hanging on until the stable release of 12 was out but would update for this. Is Frodo stable enough for noobs?
(2013-02-09, 13:03)MrPez Wrote: Ah, I was hanging on until the stable release of 12 was out but would update for this. Is Frodo stable enough for noobs?

Sure. Make sure you backup you userdata folder and just install it on top. If anything goes wrong you can always go back. Be sure to read the FAQ and if problems post them in general help section.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Great, will get on it!
(2013-02-09, 12:46)wagnumpi Wrote: Hi,

Been waiting for this so thanks ever so much! Unfortunately however for me when i try and start a radio station i get this message;

"The Webservices API key supplied does not have permission to stream / create new radio trials"

it most likely means you don't have a paid last.fm subscription.
I've been trying this addon and its works fine for me.

Is there a facility to play a last.fm radio stream for example similar artists to "Blue October".

Just wondering if i've missed it, or if it's not in there.

maybe worth noting that I have one track that stuttered for about 2 seconds, and i had another track that only played for 15 seconds-ish and then just skipped itself onto the next track.
(2013-02-11, 05:08)thebearnecessit Wrote: I've been trying this addon and its works fine for me.

Is there a facility to play a last.fm radio stream for example similar artists to "Blue October".

Just wondering if i've missed it, or if it's not in there.

if 'Blue October' shows up in your 'top artists' / 'weekly artist chart' or 'recently listened songs',
you can play similar artists from there.
(2013-02-11, 05:08)thebearnecessit Wrote: maybe worth noting that I have one track that stuttered for about 2 seconds, and i had another track that only played for 15 seconds-ish and then just skipped itself onto the next track.
thanx! never had any of those myself,
but it's good to know what issues people are experiencing.
(2013-02-14, 01:01)ronie Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 05:08)thebearnecessit Wrote: Is there a facility to play a last.fm radio stream for example similar artists to "Blue October".
if 'Blue October' shows up in your 'top artists' / 'weekly artist chart' or 'recently listened songs',
you can play similar artists from there.
It would be really nice to have an input possibility for stations, that aren't listed. Nearly every application, that can play last.fm radio stations is capable doing this, but XBMC. Sad
(2013-02-11, 05:08)thebearnecessit Wrote: maybe worth noting that I have one track that stuttered for about 2 seconds, and i had another track that only played for 15 seconds-ish and then just skipped itself onto the next track.
It happens from time to time (even in the official last.fm scrobbler). It seems as if only the last.fm preview song snippet is played for some reason; the track length submitted by last.fm in this case is also only 15-30secs.
I see that now Ronie, and i've been using it that way since i read your kind reply, works a treat.

Would be great if you could consider a search facility for future releases. A search facility that would allow the user to type in a song name or artist name and then the user would be given the option to play a "similar artists" radio station.

The reason I think that would be good is because i find myself having to play a track form my local music collection, in order to get that artist into my last.fm "recently listened to tracks", and then i can play the radio station of similar artists from there. That's fine for me but doesn't pass the SAF test, for the wife or when friends want to try it out etc.

Just a humble request, hope i explained it properly.

I use this addon just about every day, along with playing a Radio 6 Music live from the BBC iPlayer addon, and playing my spotify playlists now and again. So thank-you s much for applying your genius in this direction :-)
v0.0.3 changes:

- added a search option as requested, you can search for artists or genres (tags).
- changed the internal handling of the playlist. this will hopefully fix the minor issues reported so far

plugin.audio.lastfm-0.0.3.zip

please test and let me know if things work correctly or not.
Just installed 0.0.3 and is working great so far. I had 0.0.2 running for the past 8 hours without any crashes or issues. I am on Apple TV 2.

Do you have any plans to integrate fanart when playing? Even for artists in my library, fanart is not showing when in the visualization screen. Or am I just missing something?

EDIT: disregard. It seems to be working now. Not sure I did anything to fix it
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Last.fm addon2