• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Last.fm addon
installed 0.0.3 and it works great.

the search facility is working very well as well, perfect!

almost ... Big Grin

I have added the search button to my home screen (frodo quartz) but it doesnt work from the home screen or from my favourites list (worth notiing i get the same problem in confluence).

It works perfectly if i run the search after opening the addon.

Hope I've explained that properly, any ideas why this might be happening? would be great for friends and wife and kids etc if i could have a last.fm search button on my home screen.

does this log help? i had a look but means nothing to me: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36487
(2013-02-18, 01:09)VMCosco Wrote: Do you have any plans to integrate fanart when playing? Even for artists in my library, fanart is not showing when in the visualization screen.
ArtistSlideshow seems to work properly.

keeping the playlist alive in 0.0.3 works fine. Searching is really great. Thank you! Smile
From time to time there is an stream-opening dialogue (opening and closing for up to 5 times before the next track is played), but that's ok Smile
However, skipping a track (and only skipping) causes an exception: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36594
Further to my humble request 2 posts above, i have another humble request.

If it's not possible for us to have a search button right on the home screen, perhaps you could put the "search" to the top of the list when the addon is opened. Just trying to make it usable for people without having to explain how to find the search button at the bottom of the list.

WAF is big in my house Big Grin

any help much appreciated.

(i've tried to just sort the list by ascending/descending but cant get search to the top.)
ok, fixed the two issues reported above.
running the search button from the homescreen should work as well now.

plugin.audio.lastfm-0.0.4

again, cheers for the feedback! :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Music 
Nice one ronie. Genre search is much apreciated. Really feel like I'm getting my subscription's worth now. Still no crashes on Frodo Ubuntu for me. I
have had a few streams just stop and go onto the next song but as another post mentioned I think that's down to the feed rather than anything else.
Smile
brilliant ronie, search from home screen works great now.

i'm also able to put my favourite "similar artists to" radio streams on my home page so it's handy/easy for wife/kids etc to stick them on.

well done ronie, great addon, much appreciated.
Awesome, will check soon when I upgrade to Frodo, the loss of last.fm radio in XBMC was a big blow for me..

For reference, user and tag radio used to be streamable previously via the "Favourites" mechanism, which took last.fm urls like :

Code:
<favourite name="last.fm - under 2000 listeners globaltags">PlayMedia(lastfm://globaltags/under%202000%20listeners)</favourite>
or
<favourite name="last.fm - AxemRangers my mix">PlayMedia(lastfm://user/AxemRangers/mix/100)</favourite>

If "search" does not currently support playing other users various radios (recommended, my mix, library) that would be a great feature. Big Grin
(2013-02-24, 05:14)darwin Wrote: Awesome, will check soon when I upgrade to Frodo, the loss of last.fm radio in XBMC was a big blow for me..

For reference, user and tag radio used to be streamable previously via the "Favourites" mechanism, which took last.fm urls like :

Code:
<favourite name="last.fm - under 2000 listeners globaltags">PlayMedia(lastfm://globaltags/under%202000%20listeners)</favourite>
or
<favourite name="last.fm - AxemRangers my mix">PlayMedia(lastfm://user/AxemRangers/mix/100)</favourite>

If "search" does not currently support playing other users various radios (recommended, my mix, library) that would be a great feature. Big Grin

tag search should work yes.
adding streams to favourites shouldn't be a problem either (haven't tested myself)

just let me know if there's any issues :-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I'm using this only for scrobbling at the moment on XBMC v12.0 (Frodo), with Win7x64.

It seems to be working very well (continuously for several hours without issues).
Thanks.

Will you be adding "libre.fm" scrobbling back in as well?

And I notice that AirPlay audio isn't scrobbled. Can that be added?

Thanks again for your work.
(2013-02-24, 20:12)rivy Wrote: I'm using this only for scrobbling at the moment on XBMC v12.0 (Frodo), with Win7x64.

It seems to be working very well (continuously for several hours without issues).
Thanks.

Will you be adding "libre.fm" scrobbling back in as well?

And I notice that AirPlay audio isn't scrobbled. Can that be added?

Thanks again for your work.

the libre.fm scrobbler will be released as a separate addon.
it's finished, just need to find a spare minute to post it on the forum.

i know little to nothing about airplay...
from the addon point of view, the stream needs to provide an artist name and a track title.

maybe a Debug Log will provide some clues
Here's some feedback :

- "search" seems to only search tags, ideally this would search artists and users and releases and tracks as well.
- when you do a search, it doesn't give you any indication that it's searching. a window like "searching for [xxx]" would be welcome.
- you can seek in last.fm streams now! before you couldn't! awesome!

Awesome!

Windows 7 on an acer revo, Frodo nightly from yesterday.
(2013-02-25, 10:18)darwin Wrote: - "search" seems to only search tags, ideally this would search artists and users and releases and tracks as well.

search should function for both artists and tags. it works quite well on my end at least.
other than that, it's the only search function last.fm offers.
searching for anything else is not possible.
also, last.fm will auto select the best match for your search query,
it will not return a list of search results for you to choose from.

(2013-02-25, 10:18)darwin Wrote: - when you do a search, it doesn't give you any indication that it's searching. a window like "searching for [xxx]" would be welcome.
i will have a look at it later tonight.
If last.fm does not support search outside of those, how about keyboard entering a specific known string for artists/users/releases/tracks/tags?

That way if I want to listen to a specific radio that I know of, I just type it in. If it's not found, could just error?
Testing the last.fm add-on. It's works. But I need to use a proxy because I'm living in a country on last.fm service is not available. It's possible to add a proxy config in the last.fm add-on?. Now I'm using the general proxy settings in xbmc.
Sometimes I get this error "could not retrieve list from lastfm". But I'm able to listen radios.

Thanks Ronie for this great add-on, good work
(2013-03-03, 11:53)sbenejam Wrote: Testing the last.fm add-on. It's works. But I need to use a proxy because I'm living in a country on last.fm service is not available. It's possible to add a proxy config in the last.fm add-on?. Now I'm using the general proxy settings in xbmc.
Sometimes I get this error "could not retrieve list from lastfm". But I'm able to listen radios.

Thanks Ronie for this great add-on, good work

yeah, i'm in the same boat as you are, so i can understand the need for a proxy.
but it would be breaking the last.fm terms and conditions,
so i can't add something like that to an official xbmc addon.

the log message should probably read "failed to connect to last.fm" (have already changed it locally)
you get the error when a timeout connecting to last.fm occurs.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Last.fm addon2