• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Last.fm addon
Ronie, any feedback on "keyboard entering a specific known string for artists/users/releases/tracks/tags" ?
(2013-03-04, 08:28)darwin Wrote: Ronie, any feedback on "keyboard entering a specific known string for artists/users/releases/tracks/tags" ?

ah yeah... could you give me some more info of what (and how) you like to accomplish this.

the first thing that's unclear to me is the releases/tracks bit.
afaik there's no 'releases' or 'tracks' related radio stations on last.fm?

you suggested to be able to enter a 'string' through the keyboard dialog...
am i correct in understanding you want to type the entire radio url in there?
eg. 'lastfm://user/foobar/recommended/100'
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The easiest case is to be able to type in the whole URL. The alternative would be for the 8 radio types to each take an input string :

Radio Type - Argument
1) Library - User
2) Recommendations - User
3) Global Tags - Tag
4) Similar Artists - Artist
5) Neighbourhood - User
6) Groups - Group Name
7) Mix Radio - User
8) Friends Radio - User
(2013-03-05, 04:25)darwin Wrote: The easiest case is to be able to type in the whole URL. The alternative would be for the 8 radio types to each take an input string :

Radio Type - Argument
1) Library - User
3) Global Tags - Tag
5) Neighbourhood - User
6) Groups - Group Name
7) Mix Radio - User
8) Friends Radio - User

thanx, i'll give that last option some thought.
need to test how easy it would be to add a thing like it.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thanx all for testing and your suggestions so far!

the last.fm addon is now available through the xbmc addon repo.
(2013-03-05, 04:25)darwin Wrote: The easiest case is to be able to type in the whole URL. The alternative would be for the 8 radio types to each take an input string :

Radio Type - Argument
1) Library - User
3) Global Tags - Tag
5) Neighbourhood - User
6) Groups - Group Name
7) Mix Radio - User
8) Friends Radio - User

could you test:
plugin.audio.lastfm-0.1.1.zip

i've added a custom radio section that more or less implements what you're suggesting.
Ronie thanks for the addon!!

Anyone having a problem with the addon not filtering xmas songs? (already check last.fm settings, bah-humbug is enabled) and not being able to ban/love tracks?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-03-14, 00:11)Lunatixz Wrote: Anyone having a problem with the addon not filtering xmas songs? (already check last.fm settings, bah-humbug is enabled)
no idea, but this can't be controlled by the addon.
the last.fm api doesn't provide any filters for radio streams.

(2013-03-14, 00:11)Lunatixz Wrote: and not being able to ban/love tracks?

it's up to the skin you use to provide you with love/ban buttons.
the info is available for skinners in the first post.
(2013-03-14, 00:47)ronie Wrote: it's up to the skin you use to provide you with love/ban buttons.

I added a hotkey for your plugins ban/love shortcut... but when i press it I get unable to ban with the info from the next playlist song..never got around to checking the logs to see if there is debug info...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-03-14, 06:40)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 00:47)ronie Wrote: it's up to the skin you use to provide you with love/ban buttons.

I added a hotkey for your plugins ban/love shortcut... but when i press it I get unable to ban with the info from the next playlist song..never got around to checking the logs to see if there is debug info...

yup, if you can provide a Debug Log, i'll have a look.
(2013-03-11, 01:13)ronie Wrote: could you test:

i've added a custom radio section that more or less implements what you're suggesting.

I installed 0.1.1 via the official repo. I don't see any "custom radio" section, above "Friends of user <username>" there is a blank line. If I select that blank line, it says "Could not connect to network server" and the Error popup says "Script failed : radio.py". XBMC post-frodo nightly from 0310 or so on Windows 7.

Here's the debug log, relevant exception appears to be @ 11:47:34 T:2400 :

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5785

Debug log also includes me playing my mix radio and doing a search, both of which still worked fine.

PS - I've subscribed to this thread now so I should be more responsive, sorry for the delay in response.
(2013-03-20, 20:41)darwin Wrote:
(2013-03-11, 01:13)ronie Wrote: could you test:

I installed 0.1.1 via the official repo. I don't see any "custom radio" section, above "Friends of user <username>" there is a blank line. If I select that blank line, it says "Could not connect to network server" and the Error popup says "Script failed : radio.py". XBMC post-frodo nightly from 0310 or so on Windows 7.

Here's the debug log, relevant exception appears to be @ 11:47:34 T:2400 :

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5785

Debug log also includes me playing my mix radio and doing a search, both of which still worked fine.

PS - I've subscribed to this thread now so I should be more responsive, sorry for the delay in response.

yup, things went foobar when i pulled the latest translations into the addon.
fix (v0.1.2) is on it's way!
I just downloaded the add-on from the repo, and I'm loving it.

I'm using it to listen to Radio, and whilst playing radio, it sometimes got the duration wrong.

On one song, it thought the track duration was 5:30 when it was closer to 6:30, this was fine though, the song finished and went to the next track. On another song, it thought the duration was 5:11 when it was only 5:09; the song stopped playing at 5:09 and did not go to the next song without me manually skipping.

Other than that, great addon, very useful Smile

I'm using XBMC 12 Frodo (XVBA modified version) on XBMCbuntu 12. My skin is Aeon Nox, and I was listening to deadmau5 radio when the bug occured.
(2013-03-21, 20:07)jackfifield Wrote: I just downloaded the add-on from the repo, and I'm loving it.

I'm using it to listen to Radio, and whilst playing radio, it sometimes got the duration wrong.

On one song, it thought the track duration was 5:30 when it was closer to 6:30, this was fine though, the song finished and went to the next track. On another song, it thought the duration was 5:11 when it was only 5:09; the song stopped playing at 5:09 and did not go to the next song without me manually skipping.

I'm using XBMC 12 Frodo (XVBA modified version) on XBMCbuntu 12. My skin is Aeon Nox, and I was listening to deadmau5 radio when the bug occured.

if you ever bump into this again, please post the logfile of it. :-)
(2013-03-21, 20:32)ronie Wrote:
(2013-03-21, 20:07)jackfifield Wrote: I just downloaded the add-on from the repo, and I'm loving it.

if you ever bump into this again, please post the logfile of it. :-)

I'm still listening to the last.fm radio station, and XBMC is still powered on, so I'll grab the logfile (not a debug log though, so probably no use to you), the bug happened on the first two songs I played with the addon, but didn't appear to happen again. Before I paste the logfile , can you tell me if my password or any personal last.fm links would be inside it, since I also set up the addon in this session? I tried Ctrl+F'ing for my password, which found no results, but I just want to be sure.

Also, I just got this where the addon seemed to select songs in the queue, and then select all of the songs again in reverse order:

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Last.fm addon2