Aeon Nox 4.0 extrafanart caching questions
First of all - love the skin. Thank you very much for a great job, guys.

As I remember older versions looked up extrafanart folder "live", when browsing through the library. Now, with Frodo and version 4.0, when I check Textures13.db database, I see that extrafanart gets cached localy to the Thumbnails folder. That, imho, is very very good improvement. But what concerns me, is that all this extrafanart still gets cached "live", when browsing library, it seems.
  1. Could you explain when exactly fanart gets cached localy, when using extrafanart in Aeon Nox 4.0?
  2. Does the skin still keeps accessing the source folders for TV shows and movies to look for extrafanart, when browsing library?
  3. If yes, can this be prevented, while still being able to use extrafanart?
  4. Do all these apply to logos as well?

I ask these questions because I have a very large library with many hard drives, which are sleeping most of the time. If skin keeps accessing the drives for the logos and extrafanart, like it was in earlier versions, this makes these cool features unusable with a large library and sleeping drives. As much as I remember , when browsing through movies/shows, UI kept freezing up, while waiting for the drives to spin up. So the problem is 2 fold: 1- UI gets unresponsive all the time, until all the drives are woken up, 2- drives are spun up, when they are not actually needed.
I very much hope this problem is solved with a new and improved thumbnail caching system in Frodo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4.0 extrafanart caching questions0