Frode change? couldn´t not find option: Video always point to file mode
Hi,

just updated Eden with Frodo and searching now the option, that "video" in main menu, always point to file mode.
Means that it doesn´t matter what Libary view I used before, when going to video always get the file view
That was an option which could be checked in the skin settings.
Is there a change or hidden in any way`?

Okay just found that other users this also missing and that is not there anymore but still exits in the home.xml, where it could changed manually.
So question was it a mistake to leave out this option or planned?

Hello, I am in the same situation a you described. I´ve searched the forum and found some threads talking about modifying home.xml, but couldn't find what are the precise changes. Could you pleas tell me what I have to change in order to point directly to file mode?

Thanks in advance.
Hi!

Same here. I want the Videos button to go to file view always. What do I have to modify? I have XBMC 12 under Ubuntu 12.10. Where is this home.xml file located?

Regards!
In this thread a user described the changes he did.....I didn´t looked at it by myself so far!
Maybe you can post your result after trying?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142202&page=2
I found a thread with this info, and it worked perfectly for me.

<onclick condition="StringCompare(Window.Property(VideosDirectLink),True)">ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,return)</onclick>

original was just (videos)
Hi!

Where can I find this file under Ubuntu? What file has to be changed?

Regards!
See the linked thread in post #4 above.
(2013-02-08, 00:06)artrafael Wrote: See the linked thread in post #4 above.

heh, that's my post.. woo! Smile
Hi!

Now I know what to edit, but still, where on a linux system can I find the home.xml?

Regards!
it's in the 720p folder of the skin.
/usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/Home.xml
OK, I found it and made the changes. It works! Thanks!

But still, it was not easy to find that file. I am not a linux expert, just using it to run XBMC on it. But just if someone searches for it, the file is in:

/usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p

And there is the Home.xml.

Regards!
What I said in the post right above yours. Wink
Yes, I saw, but as I write mine, it wasn't there. :-)
I've no idea why the option was removed and havn't got an answer, but it is a skin specific option and with enough poking around, it can be added back in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frode change? couldn´t not find option: Video always point to file mode0