Movie sets
Hi, im really sorry if this has been asked before but I've been searching for ages and can't find a thing.

But basically, I want my movie libary to arrange series in order I.e " alien anthology" which is obviously muddled. However I don't want to use the group sets feature as it groups some old movies which having nothing to do with each other in collections and also I just want a straightforward list and don't want to click into it.

So yeah is there anyway of doing this or do I just have to deal with it?

Cheers

Luke
video library tags (wiki)?
Yeah i saw that, but It only seemed like you could group them
together and not change the order they are in. There just didn't seem to be anymore options once I added the movies to the tag and there's nothing really on that wiki
You can try the <sorttitle></sorttitle> tag in an .nfo.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Cheers for the reply mate, do you have any direction on how to do the nfo thing, Ive just never really used them
(2013-02-01, 17:51)hugostiglitz Wrote: Cheers for the reply mate, do you have any direction on how to do the nfo thing, Ive just never really used them
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
With respect, but that really doesnt help at all

Basically I do know about using nfos for coverart etc but no idea to do with order in xbmc and it doesn't explain anything to do with it specifically in your link
(2013-02-01, 19:00)hugostiglitz Wrote: With respect, but that really doesnt help at all

Basically I do know about using nfos for coverart etc but no idea to do with order in xbmc and it doesn't explain anything to do with it specifically in your link

It's all explained pretty obvious in the examples.
What parts don't you understand so we can improve
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
You simply add a sorttitle tag to the nfo of each movie, as thrak76 indicated. For instance, the movie you want to sort first might have <sorttitle>Alien 1</sorttitle>, the second <sorttitle>Alien 2</sorttitle>, etc.

After you do that editing, you have to refresh each movie in XBMC to get it to read the nfo again. And of course, the library has to be set to sort alphabetically.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
Sorry just confused but thanks. Can you recomend a piece of software to do it with??
(2013-02-01, 19:41)hugostiglitz Wrote: Can you recomend a piece of software to do it with??

I'm assuming you've already got .nfo files associated with your media files. You can easily manually edit the .nfo files with a simple text editor (e.g., TextEdit on a mac, WordPad on Windows). Just add a blank line and put those tags in. A logical place would be below the <title> tags.

If you want to go the whole media manager route, I'm only familiar with one - ViMediaManager for Mac OS X. When you fetch/scrape the movies, an .nfo file is created. There is an Edit Metadata window where you can enter or edit the sort title. That way you don't have to get your hands dirty directly editing an xml-type file. Smile I imagine other media managers offer a similar feature.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie sets0