Slight video flutter
Hi guyz,

I’m pretty new to the XBMC community. Until I build my own HTPC, I’m running XBMC on a laptop and I’m running into a little problem. By the way the problem I am having existed in Eden and still exists in Frodo.

All my DVD and Blu-Ray movies have been backed up to an MKV file. I have all my movies on a NAS (10 TB). When I play DVD MKV movies, it plays flawlessly. When I play a Blu-Ray MKV file the audio is fine but the video does not run as smoothly as it should. The image doesn't seems to be fluent. It has a slight flutter/hesitation in it. Like a fraction of a second hiccup.

It does not run choppy (unwatchable) like it was when I first installed Frodo with no audio. Once I went through the troubleshooting section of this forum and did what was instructed, the unwatchable choppy video was gone and my audio was great. It is playing DTS-MA. Oh yeah baby.

Is my problem because I’m running XBMC on a laptop? Maybe so. Maybe there’s a setting in Windows or XBMC somewhere that can correct it.

Laptop information:

Windows 7 (64 bit)
Intel Core i5-2540M CPU 2.60 GHz.
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
500 GB HDD
8 GB RAM

Any help is appreciated.

CHEERS!!!
racl
(2013-02-01, 21:50)racl Wrote: Laptop information:

Windows 7 (64 bit)
Intel Core i5-2540M CPU 2.60 GHz.
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
500 GB HDD
8 MB RAM

Add more RAM! Big Grin

Assuming you mean 8GB, you can toy with the "adjustrefreshrate" settings found here. (scroll down a little bit.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slight video flutter0