Option to Create Multiple Video Libraries
Confluence has seen support and would be really fantastic if this also makes it into my favorite skin :-) See info below:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1260435
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
hey... not sure what the exact question is here, but i'll try to answer anyway :-)

custom library nodes is an xbmc feature the doesn't really require any skin support.
you just need to create your custom library nodes by creating some xml files (i'm sure our wiki has all the info)

those custom library nodes will show up in any skin.

if you want to add some to the home menu, this can be done in the same way as for all other item,
add them to favourites, then map them to any of the available custom menu buttons in skin settings.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-02-02, 14:53)ronie Wrote: hey... not sure what the exact question is here, but i'll try to answer anyway :-)

Thanks for your quick reply. My question is whether we can have a GUI for the nods similar how it is implemented in Confluence-MOD. See the quotation below:

* There's no GUI way to add custom video nodes (or just use smart playlists, which is what custom video nodes are based on) to the home menu in
* Confluence (default skin), but Confluence-MOD is there for those who want the Confluence look but with advanced options like that (pretty easy and
* can be all done via the GUI).
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
which Confluence-MOD? :-)

did you try it? does it work?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I too have been trying to separate my videos into multiple libraries. I've spent literally 10 hours poking through the forums trying to get custom video nodes working. I have my TV broken into several folders (smb://server/media/tv/on-air, smb://server/media/tv/off-air, smb://server/media/tv/classictv). I'm trying to create custom video nodes that still give me the ability to break them down into genre, latest etc... but that only include the shows that are in their respective folders.

I really wish someone who clearly understands custom video nodes would write a comprehensive guide. in my library folder i created the below file /video/tvshows/classictv.xml but when I go to videos,TV shows and select Classic TV Series in the menu nothing happens...no shows...just press enter and nothing happens. That suggests to me that my filter is returning nothing, but I have created a smart playlist with the same filter (looked at the XML) and its the same.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="10" type="filter">
<label>Classic TV Series</label>
<content>episodes</content>
<icon>DefaultTVShowTitle.png</icon>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">classictv</rule>
</node>

I have tried about a billion variations... putting content as tvshows instead of episodes... each field of these xml's and their possible values and their meanings is very hard to find. The XBMC wiki page that describes this feature is sparse at best (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_video_nodes).

If anyone knows where there is a good guide on setting this stuff up I would be very grateful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to Create Multiple Video Libraries0