Poll: AEON MQ 5?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
94.87%
No
5.13%
Total
156 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 9(current)
Aeon MQ 5 ?
On the media bar at the bottom of the screen, one of the icons will show a percentage.

That is how far through that particular file you are.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

I was using Aeon Nox for several months, but I could never really get the flow right. I'm delighted to say that I've just started using MQ5 and I am greatly impressed. Lots of improvements in the menu selections (reducing the clicks!), and it's a very slick, smooth design. Thanks so much to MQ for a job very well done.

Just one thing: I'd really like to be able to customize the "Now Playing" screen - I'd like to remove or change widgets. Pardon me if this is a NOOB question - I'm definitely one - but is that actually possible? I haven't been able to find any way to do this. My personal preference is for a very simple display, with basic track info and the visualization running in the background (kind of like the one in NOX). I find the fanart puts too many things on the screen for my taste.

No intention to be negative, I really love this skin! Just want to tweak it slightly.
Cheers................................DenmanGuy

Amp: ONKYO TX-SR494; Display: SAMSUNG Q60 58" QLED TV; Processor: Fire TV Stick 4K Max (2nd Gen) - Quad-core 2.0GHz; OS: Android; RAM: 16 GB; KODI: 21.0.0
@DenmanGuy, about now playing, press M, go to settings item, there are many options for adjust now playing.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Thanks Wanilton. I was using the wrong terminology. It's not actually the "Now Playing..." screen I was after - it's the screen that displays when playing music with the visualization in the background and the fanart on the screen. Good to know about customizing "Now Playing..." though.

Amp: ONKYO TX-SR494; Display: SAMSUNG Q60 58" QLED TV; Processor: Fire TV Stick 4K Max (2nd Gen) - Quad-core 2.0GHz; OS: Android; RAM: 16 GB; KODI: 21.0.0
Yon can change the music visualisation screen too.

When you are in it, press m and there is an option on the menu that appears at the bottom to change the layout.

Thanks Samu-rai. Unfortunately the options don't appear to include anything about removing the animated panels of fanart (unless I'm missing something!). They're OK when there's fanart available, but for tracks that have no fanart the screen looks cluttered with transparent blocks animating around the screen. I'd rather hide them completely and just have the visualization (Milkdrop) running in the background.

DenmanGuy, home, press S and active audio visualization option, it´s fine.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Hello I just started to use this amazing theme, is all good but I have a little problem, I have my movies in folders by genre but xbmc show me all the movies mixed like there wasn't any folder.. What can I do? Thank you
XBMC gets in genres by the metadata which is scrapped by your chosen scrapper. On the movies sub-menu on the home screen there is a 'Genre' button which will take you to these.

If this doesn't suffice you will need to add them a separate sources and use smart playlists to create buttons for each 'custom' genre.

This tutorial will get you started.

Wink 
(2014-01-17, 16:36)Wanilton Wrote: DenmanGuy, home, press S and active audio visualization option, it´s fine.

Thanks again for your help. I finally got to the screen customization settings - it was confusing because the menu simply says "settings" and I thought that was the global system settings panel. It's all good now...THANKS!!!

Hey,

New to Aeon MQ5 ; but I must be doing something wrong!
I simply want to add short cuts to some video apps off of menu option.
Say 'movies' shows 4 video app icons
also perhaps '3d movies' shows some different video app icons

I set up the menus correctly in the custom editor. But when displayed it's a bit hit and miss.
Sometimes they are correct on 1 particular menu. But on the other it's the wrong (or no) icons. If it's nothing doing cursor down shows them as text at the base of the screen - which seems correct i.e. it 'knows' about them.
Have tried fiddling and rebooting, no joy :-((

frodo 12.3 mac

Any ideas appreciated

Cheers
It sound's like you are trying to get MQ5 to behave the same way as Confluence.

I’m afraid it doesn’t act in this was.

This thread which may help explain.

AH!

Samu-rai that thread is exactly the issue I am having!
So I am limited to 2 (my menu 1 & my menu 2) 'custom' menus i.e. add ons I wish to add.

This is a real shame!!!. MQ5 looks and feels superb! (best skin I have tried so far).
It seems strange that this simple feature seems to elude most skins - transparency allows it but no icons!, confluence does it but limited to 3 options....

:-((((((
I would suggest just adding the items you want to the sub menus. That's what I do and I can't see it functioning any differently to what you are looking for.

Thank you for the rep.

Thanks.
You mean multiple menus off of 'My menu 1" for example? ; thats possible yes?

Not at my XBMC setup at the moment so can't check!

thanksLaugh
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 5 ?3