Poll: AEON MQ 5?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
94.87%
No
5.13%
Total
156 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
Aeon MQ 5 ?
Rainbow 
Not much to say for now, just an image:

I changed the release schedule of the skin and I'll start sending invitations from July 1, visit my website for more details.

HERE

I opened a topic for discussion and suggestions so that everyone can participate. Remember to set the language in the button on bottom at the forum..

HERE
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Cool ! Bring it on Wink
I'm not in for Ace (dont want the vertical menu)
I just love MQ4

Maybe one small adjustment to the movie info page..
i would love to see it like discussed here : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141197
put the cover in the middle, plot to the right, and the logos and stuff under the title
that why we dont get a big empty black place when there are no logos available
can you put artist info in to more of the music views in mq5 if possible.
also whilst i am thinking about it, would it be possible to add the option of different views in the movie info section.

give that extra feel of customisation and personalisation.

Cool news,

I am surly going to try Ace as it looks spectaculair, but also really like Aeon so probably will switch between the 2 on regular basis.
I thing i noticed in MQ4 is that the PLAY DISK option is not working at the moment when a normal DVD is inserted in the machine.

However this could be a local problem too.
Not liking the vertical menu in Ace very much so I'm in for more performance in MQ5!
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
MQ5 sounds like a step forward for the MQ users.

Personally I find ACE looks great on (smaller displays) a Laptop size screen 17" or so.
I do not like the vertical menu on a Large screen (42" or bigger) though.

For a 60" Plus display MQ4 looks much better to me. Of course having the machine with enough CPU, memory, disk speed to use it flawlessly without any lag might be the key.

So for me MQ4 until MQ5 comes!

My answer for the people who will alway's be against change or evolution of XBMC and different skins such as MQ4 or ACE.
Don't Update/Upgrade!
Seems simple enough to me.
MQ has said that ace will have an option to have a horizontal menu on it's final release. so I wouldn't worry about that.
A faster Aeon MQ with a handy side menu? Bring it! Big Grin
Seems a great idea !!!

Maybe with the fast improvement in ARM CPUs (like Exynos 5, that supposedly will have a 8-Core version, although is not even quad-core yet), and a performance-improved AeonMQ, we'd be able to have an amazing UI in a 120 USD box in the near future...

That would be truly amazing Cool

Fantastic Marcos, MQ4 is the most professional looking skin available, with XBMC 13, Gotham, in the works MQ5 is right on time.

Recommend More Customization, which maybe hard to do.
HD logos and HDclearart in poster view. Now you can still use hdlogos and hdclearart in poster view but the view is too small to benefit from hdlogos and clearart.

Can't Wait.
I would like to see MQ5 with even more features and customization options.

I think with ACE and the MQs you have created two outstanding types of skins, but both follow very different philosophies.

With the release of ACE there is now a beautiful, feature rich skin, which is capable of running on any device. IMO its the first of it's kind and many others will now follow your lead on this side of skin development.

Each version of Aeon MQ however, has always been more advanced than the next, and if possible I would like to see this continue. I understand that for some less powerful devices MQ4 is too CPU intensive, but that is why we now have ACE.

To use a car analogy... if Marcos was BMW, then ACE would be a 6 series and MQ4 would be an M6. The 6 series is a beautiful, superbly built machine, but which is also accessible for many (if not me Sad ); but for those who have the means they offer the M6, which is a high powered, state of the art, world leading piece of technology.

Each car is superb, but cater for different parts of the market, and that is how I would like to see your skin development progress.

Whichever direction you decide to take though MQ, I know your work will continue to be the best!
A review of very good sense. You wrote exactly what I think about Ace x Aeon MQ.
However see that Ace is still a 'baby' and Aeon already has many years of life then.
The Ace has a good base, still can get many inclusions without causing slowness on all sides. Already Aeon needs to be redone. Anyway the Aeon will never be as fast as the Ace is because Aeon has many textures (and a best finish of course). The Ace has 13MB, Aeon MQ has 60MB.

The trend is make skins smaller that can be used for in mobile, tablet and also the HTPC and function of this is Ace. Yes, a different skin for a different thread.

Also Ace already has many functions that Aeon MQ 4 does not. And Ace will still grow much, but what will be the Aeon MQ, only time will tell.

Visit my website
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Please don't think that I was disrespecting ACE in anyway my friend, I can't praise it enough. I was just trying to say that they are two very different projects, and I think that is a good thing, and should continue! Smile
i would really love to see mq5 more clean and crisp looking with sharp edges just like ace.
i am a big fan of mq4 and think its the best skin of all time but aeon now needs to lose the rounded corners and to be cut clean and crisp
i would really like to see a proper blu-ray case, i really dont think a blu-ray logo on a dvd case is a good look.
but i am really looking foward to mq5 thank you for all your hard work and wonderful skins
Samu-rai, I know you have the best of intentions, do not worry.

DazMitchPao, Aeon is Aeon, your style has to be respected. If I use straight edges will disfigure the skin, and it will not please those who love Aeon design.

Visit my website
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 5 ?3