Poll: AEON MQ 5?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
94.87%
No
5.13%
Total
156 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 2(current)
Aeon MQ 5 ?
Ok MarcosQui, i just tried your new skin... I'm gonna give some constructive thoughts on it..
First i would like to thank for your work! We cannot encourage enoug what you are doing! And that for free!
Here are my thoughts:

Positive:
- very fast and responsive skin than mq4 (big issue)
- most important addons are downloaded automatically
- new mode view "right list" is awsome!
- more menu customization than mq 4
- new layout for skin widgets in main menu is much better!
- new movie information screen is much better!

Negative:
- when playing music, i personally dont like skin ace, and i way prefer mq4 , skin spinning etcetc, i just prefer looks of mq4
- for movies, i'd like to have no cover cases (this could be adjusted)
- looks of movie wall in mq4 is preferred over than skin ace

So in overall, i prefer mq4 looks (main menu bar and music part)

Skin ace is an improvement in some ways, but in other its a step back

So i hope you take all these positiv things into aeon mq5 and keep the music layout of mq4

A thing i liked in aeon nox is that you get a list of all addons supported by the skin, and you could immediately see which ones are installed and which ones not, and you could easily click it , to download it...

Perhaps also an idea for aeon mq 5

Thanks!
Great news. Thanks MarcosQui for your hard work to make XBMC much better. I love your Aeon skin and I'm only using it. A new Aeon MQ 5 with better performance will be a big gift for xbmc comunity. Thanks again.
MarcosQui please don't think i was disrespecting aeon, i'm a big fan of aeon and have been using it since day one and would not use any other skin.
It was just something i personally would like to see after seeing what you did to ACE...its a bit like if i had windows 98..and then saw windows 7 i would be saying to myself i would like some of those looks
in windows 98.
I know you say Aeon is Aeon.. yet again no disrespect, but when i look at ACE all i see is Aeon, from the movie drop down info to the actors info...even the horizontal main menu bar says Aeon (with a little bit of Confluence)
Bottom line all i was saying is i would really love to see MQ4 with the clean look and feel as ACE but with a a proper size blu-ray case the same speed and for everything else to be left as it is (perfection)
i also have to agree with skank on MQ4 music set up being the best, its not just the best in aeon but the best of all skins please keep this in MQ5.

Thanks for all your great skins and all your hard work
Yes, each has an opinion I a personal taste. Some love Ace, others love Aeon, others love Confluence and continues ...

What we should not belittle any skin is just because she does not have what we want, are different jobs for different tastes and uses.

I'm still thinking about the MQ 5, I'm seeing little interest from users. Redo an MQ takes an average of 6 months is a lot of work and need to make sure before start.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
I think there would be much more interest than it would appear. You have to remember that the majority of MQ4 users don't come on the forum unless they have an issue, or are new to the skin and need help.
I think one of the reasons for little interest is that MQ4 just came out and now you have ACE as well. You are a skinning machine. So much to take in. I'm sure the interest will increase on time. You have done such a wonderful job on your skins, I can't imagine how you will top them with MQ5
As i said in couple of posts back, get the positive things from ace into mq5 and i would love it..

(More speed, more responsive, right list view, movie information screen, wall view like ace)and perhaps something new you havrnt done in any skin (like nox) full overview of addons it supported where you immediately can see which are installed and which not... And where you can install it immediately

My 2 cents
I would marry a perfomance tuned version of MQ4 (aka MQ5)!
absolutely
so just downloaded Ace to try it out, and personally, I prefer MQ4 looks, so of course would love to see an MQ5. The ease of customization isn't as big an issue as looks, so if there was some way to remove the resource intensive (I believe) parts of MQ4 (inline editing / reorganizing), and put it into a separate "skin settings" area, that would be awesome.
Been playing with both skins a bit. Both have many good features. Some of the top/bottom menu items in MQ4 I find hard to read on my 50" display (yes it's older RP CRT probably could use a focus) but works really well on the desktop.

If you do an MQ5 could you consider including a font with more unicode coverage? Or at least like ACE that only has one font, so it isn't hard to add missing characters yourself (hard to do on MQ4 because there are so many fonts there. It was driving me nuts).

There still is MQ4 issue that playlist view on concert/music video doesn't work. Also, this may be an XBMC issue as it is also in Confluence and I think Transparency! but for concerts/music video there is no way to show an album cover in library (or I have never found one). I don't know if that is something that can be worked-around.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
MQ, The way I see it your skinning technique has evolved over time. You consistently developed AEON into its current flavor of MQ4... Initially from your own desire to produce something for your needs and then from the continuing interest it brought out in the community. Each new production 2/3/4 was an improvement on the last. new thoughts and ideas were raised, bugs were discovered and fixed and so goes the cycle of a living entity the AEON Series.
Like every entity there is always going to be spin offs such as ACE, I see ACE going down the same path as AEON, developing as it grows.
Is there an end......I don't think so. MQ5, I believe will be an improvement on MQ4 brought about by the lessons learned with ACE. maybe one day the two will merge with the user option to select which ever look and feel one prefers, as it is I am seeing abilities in ACE to make things look how I want them, funnily enough I have it looking similar to MQ4....
In short, despite the ramble, Marcos I do believe redeveloping the MQ package would be a natural progression forward......
(2013-03-19, 18:07)MarcosQui Wrote: I'm still thinking about the MQ 5, I'm seeing little interest from users. Redo an MQ takes an average of 6 months is a lot of work and need to make sure before start.

Hi Marcos,

Perhaps some one could set up a poll

Me I really love the MQ 4 style and thank you and every one that worked on it for all your hard work, and I for one would love to see an MQ5

Thanks
Done, now you can vote on this issue.

Visit my website
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
ok, Aeon lovers. I have a surprise in the first post of this topic. Cool

Visit my website
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 5 ?3