Xbmcbuntu 12.0 Frodo - Problem with DTS-HD and Dolby True HD
Hi there,

First of all, great thanx to your good work on the new release!
It's amazing in almost every aspect ;-)

That being said ... I have a problem, getting the HD-Audio ( DTS-HD or Dolby True HD ) to work

I have this receiver:
http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-vis...0_black_u/

And as you can see it's HD-Audio capable

My problem is this:
I have an ION Zotac N330 ( Zotac IONITX-D-E Atom N330, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BA5...00_s02_i02 )
which I read in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=151766
ION330 is incapable of HD audio passthrough.

So how can I get HD-Audio to work?

If I *Enable* "Receiver is DTS-HD capable" I would have thought that XBMC would send the audio signal (passthrough)
straight to the receiver, and the **Reciver** would decode the DTS-HD track? That doesn't seem to work, probably
because my ION330 can't send the HD-Audio as passthrough as the thread I pasted above saysHuh OK - then what ?
- I've also tried DISABLING the "Receiver is DTS-HD capable" and ENABLED the "MultiChannel LPCM Capable Receiver" trying
to send the HD-Audio signal to my receiver and make the Receiver do the dirty work ( decoding the HD-Audio channel ) without luck.
- Then I just get the normal DTS sound, NOT the DTS-HD sound

Please help ... is there any way for me to get the HD-Audio from my system ?

Kind regards,

p.s. I don't care if it says "DTS-HD" (bitstream) on the receiver or if I can just get the "5.1 PCM" (pcm) to display !
But I don't want the "downgrated" core dts ...

Enable:
AC3
DTS
LPCM

Disable:
TrueHD
DTS-HD
AAC

xbmc should send the DTS core (5.1) by default when there is a DTS-HD source and DTS-HD is deactivated _but_ DTS is enabled.

If there is other stuff like flac 5.1 or TrueHD it is transcoded to LPCM if LPCM is enabled.

If you don't have LPCM, AC3 is used.

If you additionally don't have DTS all stuff is transcoded to AC3

If you don't have all of them, it is decoded and put out via PCM 2 channels.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Quote:p.s. I don't care if it says "DTS-HD" (bitstream) on the receiver or if I can just get the "5.1 PCM" (pcm) to display !
But I don't want the "downgrated" core dts ...

Do like like fritsch says.

You will never, ever get HD audio to passthrough/bitstream with IONgen1 only LPCM or AC3 or DTS at best. Rest you will get core. Because ION is not able to passthorugh/bitstream HD audio. It really matters little what receiver you have. You could have the best in world its not gonna happen.

Perhaps the thread you read wasn't clear enough, It baffles me how you read that and still want something that cannot be done with the IONgen1
Quote:Please help ... is there any way for me to get the HD-Audio from my system ?

Yes buy a new gen3 ION something with a GT430 and upwards GT520 is a bit dodgy (I have no proof its what I read) some handle HD like butter some nothing.

uNi
OK ... I see, no way to get the "DTS-HD" from my ION330, no matter what I do ... :-(

fritsch:
I'm currently just getting the Core DTS sound ... already ( with the DTS-HD disabled ) - I've already set it as you proposed ... it was already like this.

uNiversal:
Could you please provide me with a link for a Zotac ION *gen3* which WOULD be able to do the DTS-HD / Dolby TRUE HD ?
e.g. að newer version of this board which I currently have,
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BA5...00_s02_i02

?

Kind regards,
You know best you ask Zotac directly (via email), about that, I reckon that Zotac ID42 is gen3 with GT610 (a re-badged GT520) is it does HD audio passthrough via HDMI or Optical but cant be sure, IF they say it does

For that reason you best ask Zotac I dont want to be in the middle as "that" guy. Wink I presume you want to use Linux so mention that to Zotac too. OS and drivers support sure do matter for HD audio.

uNi
(2013-02-02, 17:58)lord02 Wrote: OK ... I see, no way to get the "DTS-HD" from my ION330, no matter what I do ... :-(
While that is true, it is however possible to get HD audio on ION1 by using flac 7.1 for the audio when creating the rip, XBMC will then send that as LPCM 7.1 to the AVR which will sound no different from the original DTS-HD MA.
(2013-02-02, 16:40)fritsch Wrote: Enable:
AC3
DTS
LPCM

Disable:
TrueHD
DTS-HD
AAC

xbmc should send the DTS core (5.1) by default when there is a DTS-HD source and DTS-HD is deactivated _but_ DTS is enabled.

If there is other stuff like flac 5.1 or TrueHD it is transcoded to LPCM if LPCM is enabled.

If you don't have LPCM, AC3 is used.

If you additionally don't have DTS all stuff is transcoded to AC3

If you don't have all of them, it is decoded and put out via PCM 2 channels.

According to the bold text the DTS should be disabled and then xbmc will decode to LPCM and sends to avs ? Is it OK ?
I am just trying to clarify matter, I am sometimes slow , so do not be rude Angel
What are the specs of LPCM sended ? Are they changed (downsampled) in some way according to some DMCA ?
Thanks for explanation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcbuntu 12.0 Frodo - Problem with DTS-HD and Dolby True HD0