Resume full screen viewing
Hello all. Is there a quicker way to resume full screen viewing using this skin other than hitting tab? We use a remote controller only and it is a little cumbersome to get out the keyboard to hit the tab to resume full screen. I'd also rather not map the tab key to my Harmony One remote. I'm currently using the latest release of Frodo on Win7 64-bit with the Aron Nox 4.0 skin.

When I choose and watch a TV show from XBMC's TV menu, I sometimes hit the back button to look at the menu or do other things. I'd like a way (aside from hitting tab or going to the main XBMC screen and clicking on fullscreen) to resume the full screen view without leaving the TV menu. Just like you can do with XBMC's built in skin (i.e. arrow left and choose the fullscreen option). Is there a way to do this that I am missing? Or, in this skin, do you just HAVE to either hit the tab button or go to the main XBMC screen?

Thank you.
Quote:I'd also rather not map the tab key to my Harmony One remote.

Why not? You have a programmable touch screen on there that can hold anything you'd like... I have the tab key mapped to my One's 'guide' button, as I have no other use for it. Works great.
If I hit back again, while at the main menu, it takes me back to full screen of whatever I was watching.
HeirdH: If I have to do that, I'll just keep using the default XBMC skin. The buttons on the glass touch screen are cumbersome to us so I only map actions to that screen that I don't use often (power button for example). I'm not a fan of that touchscreen mainly because there is not texture to what you are pushing (like a physical button).

Vaikin: If you mean the main XBMC menu, you may be right. But I'd rather go back to full screen right from the TV menu. Sometimes while I'm watching an episode, I want to hit the back button for some quick info, then continue watching my show. But to continue watching my show w// this skin (which I love), I need to go back to the main XBMC screen to do it. I would rather there be a way to go back to fullscreen similar to the way XBMC's skin allows you (arrow to the left and choose fullscreen).

Sounds like there may not be a way, huh?
Here's a workaround that requires some coding.

Open the file "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i\DialogContextMenu.xml". Around line 22 it says:
Code:
<height max="1080">auto</height>

Add the following right after this line, obviously without deleting anything. Save and exit. Now you'll have a "Fullscreen" option in the context menu ("C"):

Code:
<control type="button" id="2020">
                <height>58</height>
                <width>462</width>
                <textcolor>context</textcolor>
                <focusedcolor>white2</focusedcolor>
                <texturenofocus>dialogs/context_nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
                <texturefocus>dialogs/context_highlight.png</texturefocus>
                <colordiffuse>$VAR[SpotColorVar2]</colordiffuse>
                <align>center</align>
                <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                <textoffsety>12</textoffsety>
                <label>$LOCALIZE[31053]</label>
                <visible>Player.HasVideo | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(sets) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(musicvideos)</visible>
                <onclick condition="Player.HasVideo">ActivateWindow(12005)</onclick>
                <onclick condition="!Player.HasVideo">SetFocus(109)</onclick>
            </control>

Remember, though, that whenever you update the skin, all these changes will be deleted, so you'll have to add them again.
Also, if you don't have a button mapped for the context menu, then you could add it to the media menu instead (on the left of the screen), it's just a tad more difficult:

Open "Includes_MediaMenu.xml", and find this:
Code:
<control type="button" id="1800">
                        <include>Objects_MediaMenuButtonIcons</include>
                        <label>31316</label>
                        <visible>Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(musicvideos)</visible>
                        <onclick condition="Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)">RunScript(script.artwork.downloader,mode=custom,mediatype=tvshow,silent=true,extrafanart,poster,fanart,banner,clearlogo,clearart,landscape,characterart,seasonbanner,seasonposter,seasonlandscape)</onclick>
                        <onclick condition="Container.Content(musicvideos)">RunScript(script.artwork.downloader,mode=custom,mediatype=musicvideo,silent=true,poster,clearlogo,fanart,extrafanart)</onclick>
                        <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">RunScript(script.artwork.downloader,mode=custom,mediatype=movie,silent=true,extrafanart,poster,fanart,banner,clearlogo,clearart,landscape,discart,extrathumbs)</onclick>
                    </control>

Add the following right below the end of it (after the "</control>"):
Code:
<control type="button" id="2020">
                        <hinttext></hinttext>
                        <include>Objects_MediaMenuButtonIcons</include>
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[31053]</label>
                        <visible>Player.HasVideo | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(sets) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(musicvideos)</visible>
                        <onclick condition="Player.HasVideo">ActivateWindow(12005)</onclick>
                        <onclick condition="!Player.HasVideo">SetFocus(109)</onclick>
                    </control>

Also, look for:
Code:
<control type="image">
                        <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="55" time="0" condition="!Control.HasFocus(1800)">Conditional</animation>
                        <include>MediaMenuIcons</include>
                        <texture>special://skin/extras/BigIcons/Drivedownload.png</texture>
                        <visible>Control.IsVisible(1800)</visible>
                    </control>

and add the following right below it:
Code:
<control type="image">
                        <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="55" time="0" condition="!Control.HasFocus(2020)">Conditional</animation>
                        <include>MediaMenuIcons</include>
                        <texture>special://skin/extras/BigIcons/Fullscreen2.png</texture>
                        <visible>Control.IsVisible(2020)</visible>
                    </control>
Thank you sir! I will try that second option later today.

---------Edit

I'm not having luck finding any entries like the above in the "includes_mediamenu.xml' file. I'll try to back it up and just add those lines at the very end to see what will happen. I searched for various lines in your post above but found nothing that matches. Some lines come close but are not obvious.

------------Edit

Awesome! It works! I was editing the wrong file. Thank you again cutsickass! XBMC is now PERFECT!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resume full screen viewing1