• 7(current)
WIP reduce context menu size by mving some option to second dialog
Just brought it up to see if anyone had any ideas for how to better do this without moving Current Playlist back to the present Context menu so adding to Context menu again.

My 1st idea would be to have a check box next to each item then move all actions like Play, Queue item etc in the side menu, so the action would take place on the items selected with the check box, so for example you would select all items to be queued then go to side menu to select Queue Item/s to add them to playlist and then select Current Playlist.

My 2nd idea is to split the present Context menu into 2 new menus somehow to produce something like:

Menu 1. Playback style items like Play, Play from here, Queue item, Current Playlist etc

Menu 2 - Manage items like Add to favourites, Mark as watch, Mark as unwatch, Scan for new content, etc
I noticed during LinuxTag that it can be quite a chore to get back into the current playlist when you are outside of it (eg on the main screen).
I believe this should be more of a skinners choice though.
(2014-05-16, 08:47)Kib Wrote: I noticed during LinuxTag that it can be quite a chore to get back into the current playlist when you are outside of it (eg on the main screen).
I believe this should be more of a skinners choice though.

It already is. XBMC isn't forcing skinners to show the "Current playlist" button in the side menu, that's just how it is in confluence. The button can be placed anywhere.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Yes, that is what I thought but I wasn't sure.
In that case we could look at a way to improve the accessibility of this list in Confluence, and maybe put it to the attention of skinners in general that for good useability it makes sense to provide easy access to this menu.

I do not believe this should return to one of the xbmc-preconfigured context menus though.
If something is done to move Current Playlist elsewhere then ideally Queue item for generating a playlist should sit along side it.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reduce context menu size by mving some option to second dialog0