• 4(current)
WIP reduce context menu size by mving some option to second dialog
@spiff: Are you talking about files view or library view? In library view I have never seen a "scan" option except for tvshows.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
then there's been a regression over time. it used to be there, either on the 'movies' node (movies -> title if not flattened), as well as on the tvshows node and on individual tv shows.
sorry, don't get the difference between "scan for new content" and "update library" - I expect both to do the same. Ok, "update library" could also mean that items already in library will be updated with new meta-data, but do we actually do this? I don't think "update library on startup" setting scans for new meta-data - it only adds new items to the library.
if you don't get it, listen to those who do.
Ah I never checked the "Movies" node in the library root view, I thought you meant it was there for individual movies. I'll double-check in Frodo and add it back if it was there. It is still there for individual tvshows though so that shouldn't have changed.

@da-anda: The difference is that "update library" will update all sources and media files for the video (or music) library whereas "scan for new content" is limited to a specific source/directory/path and does not affect the whole library. This is e.g. useful when you have a huge tvshow library but you only want to update the list of movies because there are a few new ones. With "scan for new content" you can avoid also working through all the tvshow-related sources/directories.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
There is some good UI feedback in the blog comments from latest monthly cycle it seems there is lots of opinion to:

- Re-instate the Watched/Unwatched button to the main menu
- Move "Remove Library" to the sub menu instead

You can read all the comments here.

http://xbmc.org/xbmc-13-gotham-august-cycle/#comments

I must admit I have never used the remove library feature, but ocasionally do use the set watched function.
indeed "remove from library" belongs in "manage.."
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-09-05, 19:41)zag Wrote: There is some good UI feedback in the blog comments from latest monthly cycle it seems there is lots of opinion to:

- Move "Remove Library" to the sub menu instead

You can read all the comments here.

http://xbmc.org/xbmc-13-gotham-august-cycle/#comments

I must admit I have never used the remove library feature, but ocasionally do use the set watched function.

+1 to both
(2013-09-05, 19:41)zag Wrote: There is some good UI feedback in the blog comments from latest monthly cycle it seems there is lots of opinion to:

+ many
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I remember asking someone if I should move Watched/Unwatched into "Manage..." and the answer was yes. I wasn't too sure myself but it can be easily changed. The downside would be that Watched/Unwatched won't be available from the video info dialog once the Manage... option has been integrated there.

I already mentioned earlier that Remove from library will also be moved into Manage but that part of the code needs some refactoring before that can be done and I didn't have the time to do that yet.
Would there be any problem with a bit of redundancy with the Watched/Unwatched buttons, keeping them both at the top level and in the Manage folder?
(2013-09-07, 02:11)natethomas Wrote: Would there be any problem with a bit of redundancy with the Watched/Unwatched buttons, keeping them both at the top level and in the Manage folder?
That's not a good idea imo.
(2013-09-07, 11:09)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-09-07, 02:11)natethomas Wrote: Would there be any problem with a bit of redundancy with the Watched/Unwatched buttons, keeping them both at the top level and in the Manage folder?
That's not a good idea imo.

From a technical standpoint or just a user interface standpoint?

I don't see an issue from a user interface standpoint. There's lots of times where redundancy is good and can be very effective.
User interface. It makes no sense to have those buttons in almost the same dialog twice just on click in between.
(2013-09-05, 21:01)Ned Scott Wrote: - Re-instate the Watched/Unwatched button to the main menu

I had to mark a dozen TV episodes as watched recently (with a remote control) and it was particularly cumbersome.
+1 to moving it back.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reduce context menu size by mving some option to second dialog0