• 5(current)
WIP reduce context menu size by mving some option to second dialog
(2013-09-07, 11:53)Martijn Wrote: User interface. It makes no sense to have those buttons in almost the same dialog twice just on click in between.

The manage folder/button would be accessible from the TV/Movie info screen too, right? If not, then yeah, I see your point.
(2013-09-08, 01:49)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-09-07, 11:53)Martijn Wrote: User interface. It makes no sense to have those buttons in almost the same dialog twice just on click in between.

The manage folder/button would be accessible from the TV/Movie info screen too, right? If not, then yeah, I see your point.

Having it in the video info dialog as well is my plan yeah.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
OK I changed the code back to also show mark watched/unwatched in the main context menu. Currently it is also visible in the "Manage ..." context menu so there's some redundancy right now.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
* natethomas thinks the occasional bit of redundancy isn't really a bad thing.
Tv shows still has both "mark as watched" and mark as unwatched " visible at the same time. In movies this already has been reduced to a conditional state with only one visible.
Probably already mentioned but I think" remove from library " belongs under " manage..."
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It's always been like that for tvshows so that you aoway have the option to mark all episodes as watched/unwatched.

Yes and I have mentioned twice that the code behind remove from library neees more refactoring than the rest did.
I'd like to get together a list of things that need to be adjusted in the context menu so that the "Manage..." submenu feels more complete than right now.

What I know of:
  • Remove from library
  • Choose art
What do we do about things like seasons where the only context button that would fit into "Manage..." is "Choose art"? I don't think it makes sense to move it to a submenu if there's only a single item there.
maybe at lest make it at least already prepare it so if we get some addons integration in the context that they can easily add it under "manage...".
but for now i can't think anything else that would need adding on seasons. maybe adding refresh season makes sense?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
AFAIK we don't store the path for a season so that's probably not that easy to achieve.

BTW I wasn't just talking about seasons but about anything in the video library.
IMO we should be consistent, and stuff that's usually shown under "manage" should always be there and not move a level up or something if there is only one item.
Yeah, consistency should probably take priority here.
(2013-08-16, 10:39)Ned Scott Wrote: "Now Playing" in the context menu shows in 12.2 whenever something is queued, even if nothing is playing. At least for videos. Very handy for simply making playlists, since you don't have to play them to access the save option, change order, etc.

Poke on this. Without being able to access "Now Playing" before playback, but when something is queued, it makes it almost impossible to queue videos before hand. Anything queued will be cleared out if you play a video directly, outside of the Now Playing window.
(2013-11-06, 02:32)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-08-16, 10:39)Ned Scott Wrote: "Now Playing" in the context menu shows in 12.2 whenever something is queued, even if nothing is playing. At least for videos. Very handy for simply making playlists, since you don't have to play them to access the save option, change order, etc.

Poke on this. Without being able to access "Now Playing" before playback, but when something is queued, it makes it almost impossible to queue videos before hand. Anything queued will be cleared out if you play a video directly, outside of the Now Playing window.

See PR3586.
:D
(2013-10-31, 09:36)Montellese Wrote: I'd like to get together a list of things that need to be adjusted in the context menu so that the "Manage..." submenu feels more complete than right now.

What I know of:
  • Remove from library
  • Choose art
What do we do about things like seasons where the only context button that would fit into "Manage..." is "Choose art"? I don't think it makes sense to move it to a submenu if there's only a single item there.

Refresh?
Change content?
Scan for new content? (very "maybe" on that one. not sure)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reduce context menu size by mving some option to second dialog0