Thumb behavior in video file mode Frodo
Hi, first off let me say thanks to everyone for another great release of XBMC. I really appreciate the hard work you all done and the time and effort you put in to this great multimedia experience whilst keeping it free. So i can't thank you enough.

I have a question regarding the behavior of thumbs in "Video File Mode" on a windows 7 x64 box with frodo 12.0 final. (Git:20130127-fb595f2)
I have searched the forum but can't find the answers specifically regarding thumb creation in file mode.

I have movie folders and series folders with thumb / fanart already scraped within each folder on a network SMB share. When i go to my series folder (example: \Series\) all thumbs of the individual series are shown but when i go in to one of those series (example: \Series\24\) the season thumbs are not being displayed.
The (\Series\24\) folder consist of Season01 etc folders and fanart.jpg, folder.jpg and season01.tbn etc .tbn files. In Dharma and Eden the season01.tbn was used as a thumb for the Season01 folder. This however has stopped working for me in Frodo.

While i have read the wiki and some forum threads and tried to add season01-poster.jpg to the folder (\Series\24\) i still do not see the thumbs. This leads me to believe that i have not understood it correctly or that it's only related to import of thumbs in library. Also setting content to series or setting content to none did not help.

I would appreciate any help in this or a pointer to the right direction.
Pretty sure it was an accident that season01.tbn was used for anything in file mode - there was (and never has been) any relation between seasons and folders.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the update,
Basicaly with Eden / Dharma, it's not season related but more of a custom folder display thumb. If i create a folder called "\media\testfolder\" previously It would look for "\media\testfolder\folder.jpg" within the testfolder but also for "\media\testfolder.tbn" in the parent folder and display that as the thumb for "\media\testfolder\".
This accidentally corresponded beautifully with mediamangers and sickbeard which auto generate seasonxx.tbn files in the parent folder.

I have also done some further testing in Filemode and there seems to be a problem with displaying thumbs in general. When i for instance open up a media folder (smb share \media\a hundred movie folders\) the thumbs get generated and i see all the thumbs on my screen. But if i go in to a folder and go back the thumbs are regenerated instead of displayed immediately. This can take upwards to a minute to display all thumbs again. In Eden after the thumbs were generated if you go to the same generated folder (with the hundred movies) it would display them within a second.

The generating of thumbs which keeps happening on any folder i go to is also happening alphabetically regardless of my "File View Sort Mode"
So if i am viewing my movie collection based on Date. I can see the movie thumbs generating slowly from A to Z. Which leave a gap in my Thumbnail view till it has reached Z. This in combination with the regeneration of thumbs every time, makes it so that it will take at least a minute before i see my first page of thumbs.

I have tested this both on windows and linux and both behave the same in file view mode. If you need me to further explain or test please do not hesitate to ask. I am willing to do anything to get some "file mode view" love back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumb behavior in video file mode Frodo0