Win Duplicate items in playlist
I'm getting a huge number of duplicates in my playlists since I upgraded from 11 to 12. I have an idea of what's causing it, but no idea how to solve it!

I have two mapped drives on my PC - Y and Z. The films/shows are on two shared volumes, each linked to by these. I've removed my file sources and cleaned up the library when I did so to make sure (I think) that it was empty. I then re-added the sources using the Y: and Z: paths which show up in the browser. The system then scans/updates (which takes an age, especially when TVDB is acting up).

All fine until I go into the Videos, TV or Film sections at which point I find a huge number of duplicates.

Upon checking the folder or file properties, I find that I have one copy at "Z:/share/location" and another at "SMB://servername/sharename/share/location..." in other words the network path that Z: is a shortcut to.

Any idea how I can completely flush out the list so that I have just the one copy loaded in?

Also, I'm getting "BMW Films" added in as a folder under TV Programs all the time and I can't seem to shift it. I've looked at the folder it reckons it's in and there's nothing I can see that could be confused for either "The Hire" or "BMW Films". I'm assuming this is a database cockup, but it's been an annoying niggle since v11!

Thanks for any help Smile
You may want to check your sources.xml file in your userdata (wiki) directory to be sure you don't have a defined source for your mapped Z drive and another source that points directly to your SMB share.
Thanks, I'll check that shortly and get back as to whether I get it sorted or not!
(2013-02-02, 21:23)artrafael Wrote: You may want to check your sources.xml file in your userdata (wiki) directory to be sure you don't have a defined source for your mapped Z drive and another source that points directly to your SMB share.

Checked and no I don't. All the paths referred to in sources.xml use the mapped drives.

However, I did check my mediasources.xml file as well and it does refer to smb:// paths... but not all the ones that are causing me problems, just a couple of them!
Update (more specific information):

From the front screen, if I click on VIDEOS on the scroll bar, then Files and finally on one of the sources I created then the view is fine. One copy of each file.

Any other path to the items (clicking VIDEOS / TV shows or TV SHOWS or MOVIES directly from the front screen) results in duplicates and listings of files I renamed or deleted some time ago.

Would a complete re-install with a flush if all installed data help?

One thing I did notice - may have nothing to do with this - is if I go to SYSTEM and File manager I have two "boxes" labelled A and B. Both seem to have something to do with profiles. Does this mean I have two profiles and perhaps *they* are causing the problem? I can see no way to remove one or the other, though (not that I've any idea how I ended up with two).
Have you tried a "Clean library" (System/Settings > Videos > Library) to remove extraneous entries?

(2013-02-03, 23:13)Mosh Wrote: One thing I did notice - may have nothing to do with this - is if I go to SYSTEM and File manager I have two "boxes" labelled A and B. Both seem to have something to do with profiles. Does this mean I have two profiles and perhaps *they* are causing the problem? I can see no way to remove one or the other, though (not that I've any idea how I ended up with two).
That's normal. The two-panel view gives you the ability to copy/move items from one panel to the other, such as copying/moving a file from one location to another.

I did choose to clean the library each time I manually erased a source, but I'll give it a go. I hadn't noticed that option there. It does seem to be taking longer than the individual ones, so fingers crossed.

If it doesn't work, I'll try a complete uninstall / reinstall.

Thanks Smile
Pah. Well, partway there. The "clean" got rid of all the ones that don't exist or were renamed. However, it's left all the duplicates.

I'll rip it out and reinstall tomorrow after work and update if it helps, just in case anyone else has any problems!
Reinstall worked fine. I used REVO Uninstaller to be sure I got everything, but the built-in uninstaller for everything itself.

Just to give details in case anyone else has the issue:

When I first installed v12 as an upgrade to v11, it didn't recognise my Y: and Z: network drives even though they were online and accessible by every other program. As such, I ended up deleting them from my profile and adding sources pointing to //server/share... etc.

After a reboot, lo and behold the Z: and Y: drives were back and accessible. So I removed the UNC paths and replaced them with the shared drives (clearing the databases and rescanning as I did so). Only it didn't seem to want to forget about the old sources.

Could be a bug, could just have been a bad fluke in the way events happened.

Either way, fairly simple fix and it's running much more nicely now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate items in playlist0