• 2(current)
Ouya
(2013-02-05, 02:41)davilla Wrote: Ouya is a tegra3 based device, so the question is, are there tegra3 based linux distros with full HW video acceleration ?

I already know the answer... Undecided

Much better Smile
Any word on whether or not Ouya will support the CEC protocol out of the box?
(2013-02-05, 21:43)fgizzard Wrote: Any word on whether or not Ouya will support the CEC protocol out of the box?

This is a XBMC forum. You have a better chance if you ask the Ouya people.
http://games.slashdot.org/story/13/02/05...edium=feed

June availability from the link, and a few comments.
davilla is the Ouya Project giving you guys some kind of financial backing besides the usual free development consoles? I mean Ouya seems to be a financial sucess and a big part of that relays on it being able to run XBMC since day one. Heck Ill buy one just for that (not interested on playing angry birds or Jungle Run on my TV).

Sry if Im being indiscreet, Im just curious...Huh
http://xbmc.org/about/friends-and-sponsors/
I have a few questions is the 8gb space upgradable. does it have an internal micro-SD slot?
and can it do dts & dts-hd down mixing without stutters = this is the reason i didn't buy a raspberry pi
(2013-02-06, 14:25)omontero Wrote: davilla is the Ouya Project giving you guys some kind of financial backing besides the usual free development consoles? I mean Ouya seems to be a financial sucess and a big part of that relays on it being able to run XBMC since day one. Heck Ill buy one just for that (not interested on playing angry birds or Jungle Run on my TV).

Sry if Im being indiscreet, Im just curious...Huh

If that's the case. I'll order one, just to support XBMC developers.
(2013-02-13, 05:47)JustinBeaird Wrote: I have a few questions is the 8gb space upgradable. does it have an internal micro-SD slot?
and can it do dts & dts-hd down mixing without stutters = this is the reason i didn't buy a raspberry pi

yes for the sd card. And I would think a fan cooled tegra 3 should be able to handle dts-hd. Its several times more powerfull than the PI.
Tegra 3 vs Amlogic Proccessors? (M1, M3 (Pivos), MX)..

are there any benchmarks out there?

Hm.. found a commect that Amlogix MX has half the proccessing power of the Tegra 3 .....

if this is the case Ouya is going to be a very strong competitor of Pivos..
(2013-02-14, 19:04)solamnic Wrote: if this is the case Ouya is going to be a very strong competitor of Pivos..

Ouya == Android gamemachine that can play multimedia.
Pivos == Android multimedia machine that can play games.

Both aim for a different market where they overlap each other on the multimedia (XBMC) area. I think they can nicely co-exist among each other. In the end, we as a user are the ones that benefit if they decide to race against each other; "who has the biggest ...."
(2013-02-14, 19:24)PobjoySpecial Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 17:08)calev Wrote: And I would think a fan cooled tegra 3 should be able to handle dts-hd. Its several times more powerfull than the PI.

The Pi can handle DTS-HD MA. It's a question of whether it's supported or not. It'll be interesting to see what licenses the Ouya chooses in its effort to meet the $99 price.

I was under the impression the audio engine took care of down mixing to a supported format.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ouya 2