• 4(current)
Ouya
Quote:certainly exciting video. Aeon nox looks great taxing Ouya.

Quote:Did you notice the pregnant pause when Aeon Nox entered that menu?

I don't see Aeon Nox at all in that video, I see the standard Confluence skin which can be plainly seen when he enters the setting menu at 2:24. It runs great on my ipad 4 as well, but runs Aeon Nox like crap. So I'll keep waiting.
Did you watch entire video? Nathan launches Aeon!!
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
ouya box looks awesome
Anyone knows what xbmc version or skin is running on ouya vid? Mine dont have that Tv shows menu.

Is the Aeon Nox you are talking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB-H4j9hfLE
(2013-03-09, 22:23)transamguy Wrote:
Quote:certainly exciting video. Aeon nox looks great taxing Ouya.

Quote:Did you notice the pregnant pause when Aeon Nox entered that menu?

I don't see Aeon Nox at all in that video, I see the standard Confluence skin which can be plainly seen when he enters the setting menu at 2:24. It runs great on my ipad 4 as well, but runs Aeon Nox like crap. So I'll keep waiting.

Aeon Nox is launched at the 4:58 mark in the video
Yup good point, putting on my dunce hat and standing in the corner. :p
(2013-02-14, 21:09)j1nx Wrote: Ouya == Android gamemachine that can play multimedia.
Pivos == Android multimedia machine that can play games.

Was the latest Twix advert your idea? Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH69vCP6OvQ
Does anyone know if the refreshrate is fixed at 60hz, or can it take 24p, 50hz and so on?
anyone know what the ethernet specs are? 10/100, 10/100/1000.
10/100, which is more than enough for streaming and gaming. Full bluray or live TV won't max it out.
(2013-03-16, 23:31)Ned Scott Wrote: 10/100, which is more than enough for streaming and gaming. Full bluray or live TV won't max it out.
thanks, one other question I want to hook a usb harddrive enclosure to it that is formatted to ext3 will that work?
(2013-02-15, 09:08)tennisbgc Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 02:12)wizziwig Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 19:04)solamnic Wrote: Tegra 3 vs Amlogic Proccessors? (M1, M3 (Pivos), MX)..

are there any benchmarks out there?

Hm.. found a commect that Amlogix MX has half the proccessing power of the Tegra 3 .....

if this is the case Ouya is going to be a very strong competitor of Pivos..

Ignoring processing power, the Pivos/Amlogic boxes are among a very few Android devices that can bitstream compressed surround audio. Good luck getting that from any Tegra3 device. HD-Audio bitstreaming is a no-go on any Android hardware as far as I know. The Ouya will probably be limited to stereo audio output without a full Linux distro.
yeah according to the nvidia site I dont see any hd audio listed except for pcm http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra-3-pro...zu6keqzgyg

That's for hardware decoding/encoding. Pass-through (bitstreaming) doesn't require decoding.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2013-03-22, 09:14)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 09:08)tennisbgc Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 02:12)wizziwig Wrote: Ignoring processing power, the Pivos/Amlogic boxes are among a very few Android devices that can bitstream compressed surround audio. Good luck getting that from any Tegra3 device. HD-Audio bitstreaming is a no-go on any Android hardware as far as I know. The Ouya will probably be limited to stereo audio output without a full Linux distro.
yeah according to the nvidia site I dont see any hd audio listed except for pcm http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra-3-pro...zu6keqzgyg

That's for hardware decoding/encoding. Pass-through (bitstreaming) doesn't require decoding.
To be honest I don't care if it can pass-through hd audio at the moment since I don't have surround sound I just hope it can down-mix dts and ac3 without issues since it will have to be done through software.
(2013-03-22, 18:42)tennisbgc Wrote: To be honest I don't care if it can pass-through hd audio at the moment since I don't have surround sound I just hope it can down-mix dts and ac3 without issues since it will have to be done through software.

It's yet to be determined whether there's enough processing power to software decode. Although the Tegra 3 should be able to. My Tegra 2 non-Neon tablet using a non-Neon version of XBMC can software downmix DTS & AC3 on SD mkv movies (BD is another story, but that's because it's a non-Neon chip so there's no hardware acceleration unlike the Tegra 3).

AC3 though, if your connecting to via HDMI to a TV, I wouldn't worry about as most TV's are able to decode AC3 audio and you should be able to pass-through to it.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Is Wifi Direct ( Miracast ) supported by Ouya ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ouya 2