• 5(current)
Ouya
Does anyone know if there will be ftp access with this. Since it doesn't have google play store would apps like ftpdroid install on it.
Im looking forward to people using it for five seconds and then declaring that everything works perfectly and recommending it to everyone.
(2013-04-01, 18:49)voochi Wrote: Im looking forward to people using it for five seconds and then declaring that everything works perfectly and recommending it to everyone.

me me me Big Grin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
If anyone here has gotten an Ouya and would like to post up videos i would really like to see it running.
(2013-04-01, 19:04)calev Wrote: If anyone here has gotten an Ouya and would like to post up videos i would really like to see it running.

Yeah,...I think there are many out there hoping they knock it out of the ballpark.
I'm just surprised they have videos of it playing XBMC on their web-site.
(2013-04-01, 18:38)tennisbgc Wrote: Does anyone know if there will be ftp access with this. Since it doesn't have google play store would apps like ftpdroid install on it.

You can side load apps out of the box.
this sucks from ouya blog

A couple things our team wants you to know when you get your OUYA:

You’ll need a credit/debit card to download games. All games are still free to try. Your card will only be charged if you buy content you love. We do want valid payment information for everyone. This is to ensure that game developers can get paid when you love their game.

so sounds like you need to add credit/debit card before you can download anything even any games
(2013-04-01, 20:35)JustinBeaird Wrote: this sucks from ouya blog

You’ll need a credit/debit card to download games. All games are still free to try. Your card will only be charged if you buy content you love. We do want valid payment information for everyone. This is to ensure that game developers can get paid when you love their game.

so sounds like you need to add credit/debit card before you can download anything even any games

So go get a prepaid Visa from the nearest retail/grocery/convenience store.
(2013-04-01, 21:09)edwinmcdunlap Wrote:
(2013-04-01, 20:35)JustinBeaird Wrote: this sucks from ouya blog

So go get a prepaid Visa from the nearest retail/grocery/convenience store.

all the prepaid cards suck they have too many fees,
They've said they'll be selling prepaid gift cards when ouya launches.
Didn't care much about games, My main goals for OUYA are XBMC & those retro emulators for Android. And it's indifferent from Apple Store anyway.
(2013-04-02, 00:02)oldpoem Wrote: Didn't care much about games, My main goals for OUYA are XBMC & those retro emulators for Android. And it's indifferent from Apple Store anyway.
Totally agree with you, If games are good that's a bonus.
I can't believe there are not more videos of Ouya running XBMC. Will be it ready the XBMC working 100% in june?
I'm not worried. The developers who have Ouya's say that it works well. The kickstarter backers have started receiving their systems, and getting the hardware into the hands of users is what determines and fixes problems for an open source project like XBMC. Testing can't cover the broad range of usage scenarios quite like a few tens of thousands of people using XBMC in every possible way.

Will XBMC be 100% finished come June? Probably not. But based on what's been shown so far, I think it's going to be a great platform.
True, but it would be nice to know if DTS-HD MA and TrueHD audio pass-through is works or not, or whether audio pass-through is going to like that on the Raspberry Pi.

At least that is something standard that could be tested.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ouya 2