Win AudioSwitch - change default audio output or input
Brick 
Hi guys,

I have made a very useful application which you can use to change your default audio output between available devices on your PC!
It supports hot keys, command-line options and is very convenient to use. All the instructions and info about the specifics and possibilities is described right on the front page, along with the download button:

http://audioswitch.googlecode.com

It's made in C# and requires .NET 4.0, Windows 7 or 8 and supports both x86 and x64 architectures.
It's totally open-source, so all contributions are very welcome! Smile

I've got this up and running to switch audio between the tv and surround sound system. Works brilliantly!
new version available with some tweaks to the UI Smile
And now some way to switch this from within XBMC 12 and I would be extremely happy ;-)
well if you use some remote control software then it's a piece of cake to tie the assigned hot key to a button Smile
Otherwise I will try to look into it, maybe it's somehow possible to make an addon which would communicate with AudioSwitch or smth. Does anyone know, is it possible to add a button in XBMC with a addon?
Ideally XBMC should make your tool switch to audio output 1 when playing music, and XBMC should make your tool switch to audio output 2 when playing video. This would satisfy a lot of users that have been using the dual audio patch for Eden. And would give you 1000 kudos ;-)
I've got this setup via EventGhost - all I have to do is hit one button on the remote and its an instant switch (even with audio playing) between outputs. No interruption to video or audio, no flickering of the screen or minimization. Works brilliantly.

Changing XBMC itself to flip between outputs depending on what your watching would probably bypass this app, it would change outputs itself. This however gives you manual control depending on what you're doing.
Danabnormal- how do you get xbmc to use the correct audio device without still having to go in to the system settings in xbmc and changing the audio output device manually?

I'm running audioswitch to switch between some basic computer speakers and a wireless headset and it works beautifully outside of xbmc, but within xbmc (Frodo) I still have to manually change the audio output device for xbmc to send audio to the correct device.
(2013-02-05, 14:42)Danabnormal Wrote: I've got this setup via EventGhost - all I have to do is hit one button on the remote and its an instant switch (even with audio playing) between outputs. No interruption to video or audio, no flickering of the screen or minimization. Works brilliantly.

Changing XBMC itself to flip between outputs depending on what your watching would probably bypass this app, it would change outputs itself. This however gives you manual control depending on what you're doing.

Please could you describe how do you change audio output in XBMC thru one button on the remote?

I need change audio output from HDMI to Optical and back.

Thank you very much for your help.
(2013-04-08, 02:44)Nckchris Wrote: Danabnormal- how do you get xbmc to use the correct audio device without still having to go in to the system settings in xbmc and changing the audio output device manually?

I'm running audioswitch to switch between some basic computer speakers and a wireless headset and it works beautifully outside of xbmc, but within xbmc (Frodo) I still have to manually change the audio output device for xbmc to send audio to the correct device.

Bumping this question..

Using nircmd to change the windows 7 settings, But how to change xbmcs audio output without using the settings menu? For example when using spotimc.

Using XBMC 12.2

<leftbracket>System.Exec(C:\nircmd.exe setdefaultsounddevice "Analog")</leftbracket>
<hash>System.Exec(C:\nircmd.exe setdefaultsounddevice "SPDIF Interface (TX0)")</hash>
Is this problem solved somehow?

One idea is to disable all audio sources except to one you want to change to.....

I have made the same with different displays....therefore it works!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioSwitch - change default audio output or input1