• 2(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
I'm using the DSplayer (Eden) build a while now. it's running super smooth on my nvidia ion/atom media pc.
i'm using windows as OS and i need DSplayer because the system has coreavc installed and it's the only way i can get FullHD videos to play back without any problems.
the default player of xbmc eden can't do that on my machine, so i bought coreavc.

i was wondering why it's not possible to release dsplayer just as a plugin to the normal xbmc release ?
just put it in the system/players folder and maybe edit a xml file.

i'd like to update to frodo, but i think i'm going to wait just a little bit longer, till the dsplayer build is bug free and not alpha anymore.

(2013-02-05, 15:41)SlurmMcKenzie Wrote: i was wondering why it's not possible to release dsplayer just as a plugin to the normal xbmc release ?
just put it in the system/players folder and maybe edit a xml file.

You can always use an external player you like, even with the official XBMC.
Anyway, there is no API for players to communicate with XBMC. The latter can only launch them with a defined set of parameters and to minimize itself to get out of their way during playback.

Quote:i'd like to update to frodo, but i think i'm going to wait just a little bit longer, till the dsplayer build is bug free and not alpha anymore.

Then, I'm afraid, you'll have to wait 1 more year, because the current base XBMC code is 13.0 alpha, and this is where the version number in the current DSplayer build has come from.
(2013-02-05, 16:16)Roman_V_M Wrote: ....

thank you, for your quick reply.
i know about the external players option, but that's a no go for me, because of the different controls and no overlay menus from xbmc.
to difficult to configure the input buttons to be the same in both applications.
some time ago i even tried to make my own minimal directshow based player in .net to be used as external player with overlay gui.
but i didn't have time to finish that.

maybe we can get the official release team to include an api in the next release Wink

and about the other thing, i think i'm not going to wait another year Wink
i'll try the current version on the weekend.
Can anyone try the latest dsplayer build with aeon mq4 skin and tell me if concerts menu work?
Im getting the idea dsplayer has a bug with mq4 idunno how, but with stock xbmc it works
I am sorry maybe i am slow but why not Make a builds bases on the final 12.0 frodo then it should be easy or am i missing something?
Or has there been a Dsplayer 12.0 final frodo builds from the panni or the russian Guy in the earlier thread? Smile
(2013-02-05, 18:03)Skank Wrote: Can anyone try the latest dsplayer build with aeon mq4 skin and tell me if concerts menu work?
Im getting the idea dsplayer has a bug with mq4 idunno how, but with stock xbmc it works

Just tested again to be sure.. With dsplayer and eon mq 4, concerts doesnt work, i get no fanart or covers, and with normal xbmc and mq4 it does work...

So its a bug, can you report please?
I have to be honest, I haven't been following the older thread as much as I used to during Eden as I went to Openelec but now that I have Windows 8 I wanted to give this another shot. I just have a few questions... Does Axelrose guide still apply to the new Frodo DSplayer build? When I installed and setup using his guide nothing would play so I checked the log files and realized that it seemed to be having trouble getting the file from my NAS so I copied a few files to my local drive and they do play, does this mean that the new DSplayer Frodo build cannot play network files using a NAS? Ideally I would like to have this setup using MKV Splitter or Romans AV Splitter with LAV filters. Also, what are your thoughts on MKV Splitter vs AV Splitter? Almost all of my files are MKV. I'll continue to play around and I might just be ignorant right now having not been in this realm for some time. Any help or suggestions is appreciated!

EDIT: So I just mounted my NAS in Windows and now everything is playing and it's using LAV filters, not sure if it's using MKV Splitter but that might be a setting I have to tweak.
(2013-02-05, 21:30)Skank Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 18:03)Skank Wrote: Can anyone try the latest dsplayer build with aeon mq4 skin and tell me if concerts menu work?

Just tested again to be sure.. With dsplayer and eon mq 4, concerts doesnt work, i get no fanart or covers, and with normal xbmc and mq4 it does work...

So its a bug, can you report please?
I think this build still have same problem.That i ask for a few post in earlier thread.But no answer from anyone.
(2013-01-09, 12:38)devilshura Wrote: Why DSplayer version being like this?
Quote:Note: XBMC-DSPlayer by Eduard_K uses slightly different Video Database format than regular XBMC builds, so the best practice to migrate to XBMC-DSPlayer or back is to export your Video library in one file (one folder, actually), then delete Video DB file in userdata folder and then import your Video library back for XBMC to create correct Video DB file.
-I follow above method to export from normal build,and import in to DSPlayer build.But i got the error database.Some script for skin don't works.Can't find music video database.and many problem with video library.

-Even to scrap new music/concert videos.It still not works.

-Since i have this problem.I have try on all later version.But there'r not works at all.If it still in this situation,my choice is official version with externalplayer.

Can anyone help me to fix this problem? or i will waiting for compatible Video Database to works with all addons like the official version.
For developing this version.Thank you all

2 devilshura

Sorry, I have completely forgotten the music video issue.

I'd like to do some tests, but I have never had music videos in my XBMC, so could you explain how music videos are stored (naming convention, scrapers used etc.)? The official Wiki is totally useless when it comes to music videos.
Several examples of such videos would be very helpful. Can I use music videos from Youtube for tests? If yes, you can provide example links here - I guess they are legal for "fair use" like software tests. If not, please provide some links via private message.

If the issue can be reproduced, then there's a good chance that Eduard will fix it.
(2013-02-06, 09:31)Roman_V_M Wrote: 2 devilshura

Sorry, I have completely forgotten the music video issue.

I'd like to do some tests, but I have never had music videos in my XBMC, so could you explain how music videos are stored (naming convention, scrapers used etc.)? The official Wiki is totally useless when it comes to music videos.
Several examples of such videos would be very helpful. Can I use music videos from Youtube for tests? If yes, you can provide example links here - I guess they are legal for "fair use" like software tests. If not, please provide some links via private message.

If the issue can be reproduced, then there's a good chance that Eduard will fix it.

It simple
Concerts are the same like movies...
It can be in dvd format, or bdmv folders, bluray format , mkv ....
They use scrapers like MusicvideoDB MQ or the concertsdb scraper...

Hi all!

Is there a Version of Frodo Final with DSPlayer integrated? Or ist the latest version the alpha 1?
(2013-02-06, 11:55)Sunset1982 Wrote: Hi all!

Is there a Version of Frodo Final with DSPlayer integrated? Or ist the latest version the alpha 1?

Yes
ok thx.
Is this build in post #1701 the final Frodo build??
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...9&page=171

So that should be a stable build correct?

EDID: Damn just read a posts afterwards regarding the freezes.

Do we have an ETA on a Frodo Final build without freezesSmile
Regarding the build in the original post (20130203-85792b3), I guess I need to note once again - its version 13.0 alpha is later than 12.0 Frodo (note the version number, for FSM's sake!), so strictly speaking this is already a Gotham build.

The reason is (I guess) that Eduard synced his code with WIP Master branch instead of the completed Frodo branch by mistake. He knows about this. so (again!) we need to wait until he rolls the code back to 12.0 Frodo release branch in the official Github.

As far as the build in the original post (20130203-85792b3) concerned, those who don't want to install it as their primary instance can install it in a separate folder and test it in portable mode.
If you won't face any major issues in your use case, then this build is safe for use to use.
Personally so far I have found 2 issues in the current code:
- English labels in Confluence skin regardless of a language. You can fix it by installing Confluence from earlier builds or just use another skin.
- The build cannot be compiled with Russian on-screen keyboard patch - this is a very specific issue which does not concern most of XBMC users, so basically you can forget about it. I don't post "Russian" builds here.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8