• 4(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
2 ArieS

As far I can see, you're using an outdated build. As for RW/FF, there's indeed something wrong with it.

2 panni

I wouldn't recommend messing with alpha code. 13.0 Gotham is on its early stage, and you can expect all kinds of bugs outside DSplayer.
Question: I can not get it to choose my LAVVideo in XBMC DSplayer 12.0 release. I have installed it and in DSPlayer menu choose use system filters (directshow menu).

What can I do to get LAV filters to work?
Roman, were you able to test concerts? (i've pmed you something)
I got it working now. First when I deselected "use system filters" nothing worked.

I then C&P from Roman the mediasconfig, which still didn't work. I then changed mpcvideodec to lavvideodec, and then all workedSmile

<mediasconfig>
<rules>
<rule filetypes="avi|mp4|m4v|flv|mpg|mov|mkv|ts|mts|m2ts|bdmv|mpls|iso">
<source filter="avsource" />
<splitter filter="avsplitter" />
<video filter="mpcvideodec" />
<audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
</rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>

My last questions is:

1. If I want to use Live TV what should I change to get it working when DSPlayer can't?
2. And is these settings correct:

Audio output settings I have:
HDMI 5.1
Audio output device: Wasapi: HDMI - AMD HDMI output.
Passthrough output device: HDMI - AMD HDMI output.

Video Settings - DSPlayer:
Audio Renderer: System Default or should I choose AMD HDMI Output?

?
(2013-02-08, 11:28)Bjur Wrote: Question: I can not get it to choose my LAVVideo in XBMC DSplayer 12.0 release. I have installed it and in DSPlayer menu choose use system filters (directshow menu).

First, check the filters selected by DSplayer ("O" button during playback). If LAV filters aren't indeed selected, then adjust their merits using special utilities like DirectShow Fitler Manager. Or read the Wiki article and create your own filter config.

(2013-02-08, 12:14)Skank Wrote: Roman, were you able to test concerts? (i've pmed you something)

No, I was not. As soon as it's done.
(2013-02-08, 09:26)Roman_V_M Wrote: 2 ArieS

As far I can see, you're using an outdated build. As for RW/FF, there's indeed something wrong with it.
Hmmm, I'm using the build you had posted maybe a week ago but anyway, I've been having this same issue since I started using DSPlayer, so I think it was with Frodo RC2 or 3, I forgot.
I guess I'll try the latest build you posted and report back.

Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2013-02-08, 12:34)Bjur Wrote: My last questions is:

1. If I want to use Live TV what should I change to get it working when DSPlayer can't?

In the builds I create I default all streaming formats, including pvr, to DVDplayer.
Also protocols="pvr" rule in playercorefactory.xml works.

Quote:2. And is these settings correct:
?

I have no idea, if they are correct, because I don't know your audio set-up. And general XBMC audio settings have nothing to do with DSplayer. Once again (over 9000th time): DSplayer audio settings and XBMC audio settings are independent.
As for DSplayer audio renderer, I'd recommend to select an appropriate DirectSound renderer, corresponding to your audio set-up. Anyway, don't be afraid to experiment and find settings combination that is right to you, it won't bite.Smile
(2013-02-08, 12:38)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2013-02-08, 11:28)Bjur Wrote: Question: I can not get it to choose my LAVVideo in XBMC DSplayer 12.0 release. I have installed it and in DSPlayer menu choose use system filters (directshow menu).

First, check the filters selected by DSplayer ("O" button during playback). If LAV filters aren't indeed selected, then adjust their merits using special utilities like DirectShow Fitler Manager. Or read the Wiki article and create your own filter config.

(2013-02-08, 12:14)Skank Wrote: Roman, were you able to test concerts? (i've pmed you something)

No, I was not. As soon as it's done.

Huh? What do you mean as soon as its done?
Done what?
(2013-02-08, 12:53)Skank Wrote: Huh? What do you mean as soon as its done?
Done what?

I mean it directly: I'll do it when I can, no earlier. After all, I have my own personal and business life that comes first, than some music videos that I don't watch anyway.
(2013-02-08, 13:14)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2013-02-08, 12:53)Skank Wrote: Huh? What do you mean as soon as its done?
Done what?

I mean it directly: I'll do it when I can, no earlier. After all, I have my own personal and business life that comes first, than some music videos that I don't watch anyway.

offcourse Wink
I tested music videos on the official 12.0 Frodo (not DSPlayer!). For testing purposes I created four fake "concert" video-files with the following randomly picked names (I'm not a music fan so none of them mean anything to me):
Mylene Farmer - Live a Bercy.mkv
Pink - Funhouse Tour.avi
Shakira - Live from Paris.(2011).mp4
Take That - Progress Live.mp4
I scanned the files using ConcertDB scraper. Although, it appeared that all videos were recognized correctly, results were the following:
- 2 items were displayed without names.
- 1 Items contained no data on "Info" page, though it had a correct poster.
- None of the items had fanart, though art chooser displayed both correct posters and fanarts for all videos.
Screenshots:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24356082/screenshot019.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24356082/screenshot020.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24356082/screenshot021.png
Bottom line: there seems to be some problems with displaying music videos in XBMC that are not connected with dsplayer.
Any comments are welcomed.
New guy, I am in the process of evaluating both Media Portal and XBMC to build my first HTPC. I am trying to learn as much as I can about both. I just want to know what is DSPlayer and what does it have over the stock player in XBMC?

David
Did you even read the first post?
It explains everything there, there's also a link to the Wiki....
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2013-02-08, 22:25)DFergATL Wrote: New guy, I am in the process of evaluating both Media Portal and XBMC to build my first HTPC. I am trying to learn as much as I can about both. I just want to know what is DSPlayer and what does it have over the stock player in XBMC?

David

Well, for someone new, the amount of info can be too much, so, i will just tell u, DSPlayer is not part of XBMC nowadays. It was, but was abandoned. The work is carried on now for fans and nice ppl with good knowledge. XBMC uses its own codecs for playing video. DSPlayer is just a directshow filters player widely configurable through XML files. Means, u are not limited to XBMC codec, but u can use LavFilters, CoreAVC, etc... almost the combination u prefer. So, this nice ppl mantein and compile non official builds, using the official one and the DSplayer that they continue to improve and make bug free as much as they can.
This is fast notion, and for in depth info, now yes, u should read the wikis and the info in this post and the first post in the last thread about Eden version of XBMC (version 11, before Frodo that is version 12) http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...layer+Eden
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
I use local metadata.nfo for scrape music video.That work for all my music video even it not locate in scrapper.
I think that better to untouch original XBMC function,and use DSplayer for additional.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8