• 65(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
Hi everyone, sorry if this has been asked already. Is anyone working on a Kodi 14.0 (alpha 3 or whatever version) + DSplayer release. I really like using DSplayer and want to stay current with the new versions on Kodi. Can anyone point me to some links? Thanks again
(2014-09-09, 18:45)bigadevry Wrote: Hi everyone, sorry if this has been asked already. Is anyone working on a Kodi 14.0 (alpha 3 or whatever version) + DSplayer release. I really like using DSplayer and want to stay current with the new versions on Kodi. Can anyone point me to some links? Thanks again

I highly doubt a new version of DS Player will be released until Kodi 14.0 has been released. As stated, it is still in Alpha and not an official version available to the public.
All nightlies are official and of course released public.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-09-10, 07:27)fritsch Wrote: All nightlies are official and of course released public.

That was not a condescending comment. I was just stating that a new DS Player will be available when a new official release of XBMC is available. That's how it has been done in the past.

Some of you developers are too testy about criticisms of your product.
Thanks @ Warner306 for the info, I am new to XBMC. I agree from what I have read that some people are very quick to take offense when none was meant.
(2014-08-01, 00:33)Warner306 Wrote: I am new to DS Player and thought I'd post a "Starter Kit" for those piecing through Google searches and various threads in search of up-to-date files necessary to get DS Player operating. These .xml files can be hard to find. My "Starter Kit" includes the following:

1. XBMC Gotham 13.2 DS Player installer
  2. mediasconfig.xml
  3. filtersconfig.xml
Download the Starter Kit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9I...sp=sharing

The installer is necessary to integrate DS Player into the XBMC gui. The magic comes from the two attached .xml files. filtersconfig.xml is a master list of the all filters, splitters and decoders available to the player. While mediasconfig.xml provides instructions on what filters, decoders and splitters are used when certain file types are played. Using DS Player can be as easy as that.

The starter .xml files have been pre-configured to leverage LAV Filters and AV Splitter for all media types. Feel free to edit and substitute your own filters and splitters as desired. AV Splitter is necessary for full chapter support with .mkv files. Otherwise, LAV Filters should suffice in most other situations.

Instructions:
  1. Run the XBMC installer to overwrite existing copies of XBMC on your system and replace with the integrated DS Player.
  2. Install LAV Filters: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191
  3. Install AV Splitter: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AV-Splitter
  4. Launch LAV Video and LAV Audio from the Start Menu and configure to your personal hardware.
  5. Place the completed mediasconfig.xml and filtersconfig.xml in the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer. Overwrite and replace the default files.
DS Player can be configured from XBMC gui (System>>Video>>DS Player). Ensure "Use system filters (DirectShow merits)" is unchecked to leverage the customized mediasconfig.xml. To confirm the correct filters are being loaded during playback, press O while playing any video file.

Adding Shaders:

Custom shaders can also be added to the rendering pipeline to further enhance video quality. These shaders must be identified in mediasconfig.xml. The list of available shaders is defined in shaders.xml located at C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer\Shaders. Activating a shader is as easy as referencing its "id" in mediasconfig:

<rule filetypes="mkv">
<shaders>
<shader id="18" />
<shader id="4" />
</shaders>
<source filter="lavsource" />
<splitter filter="avsplitter" />
<video filter="lavvideo" />
<audio filter="lavaudio" />
</rule>

The above rule states that all mkv files will be rendered using shaders "18" and "4", which correlates to "Sharpen complex 2" and "Denoise" (this is my preferred set-up). To add shaders to other file types, simply repeat this format for each file type. Custom shaders can also be added to the default group by saving any shader file with the extension .psh and declaring it in shaders.xml.

playercorefactory:

If you are having trouble using DS Player with video add-ons containing Internet streams, considering adding the following playercorefactory.xml file to the userdata folder:

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="DSPlayer">
<rule internetstream="true" player="DVDPlayer" />
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

This rule ensures all Internet video is played with the default DVD Player.

Thanks for this DSPlayer pack Warner306! Much appreciated!

Just one question for clarification. I have run the installation file you provided on a "pure" XBMC 13.2 installation. After that, at XBMC startup, one pop-up appears saying that I'm currently running an older version of XBMC...

Do you have any idea on that please?
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2014-09-15, 23:11)axlt2002 Wrote: Thanks for this DSPlayer pack Warner306! Much appreciated!

Just one question for clarification. I have run the installation file you provided on a "pure" XBMC 13.2 installation. After that, at XBMC startup, one pop-up appears saying that I'm currently running an older version of XBMC...

Do you have any idea on that please?

XBMC now has a script to determine if you are using the latest version. It may be that you are not using the latest version of the public XBMC but you are using the latest version that incorporates DS Player. In that case, I would just ignore the version check, as it is not aware of DS Player's existence.
(2014-08-28, 18:10)feliche Wrote: Hi,

I´ve problems setting audio and subtitles as default.

I´m spanish and almost all films I have spanish is the main source but I always watch films on english audio with english subtitles.

Has anyone same problem?

Thank you

PD: Sorry english writting mistakes Smile

Hi,

I need someone help me with the subject above.

Anyone has any close idea why would happen?

Thank you
Hi everybody!

I have XBMC running on a Windows 8.1 x64 machine.

I've tried to play a DVD using the mediasconfig.xml having the following setup:

Code:
<rule filetypes="ifo">
      <source filter="dvdnavigator" />
      <splitter filter="dvdnavigator" />
      <video filter="mpeg2videodec" />
      <audio filter="ac3filter" />
    </rule>

The strange thing is that when I play the DVD, a window called ActiveMovie Window appears and the video is played on it and not in XBMC (and when the main menu arrives, it is impossible to select enything...stuck!!).

If I change the video filter in lavvideo, the video is played inside XBMC but with the wrong aspect ratio.

So I really don't know what to do...Any idea on how to solve this issue? Thanks in advance
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
If it can be played in XBMC , Hit Z to change aspect ratio. DSPlayer is very limited to Disc Playing so you better stick to XBMC internal player or rip disc to mkv/mp4 instead.
(2014-09-19, 07:42)oldpoem Wrote: If it can be played in XBMC , Hit Z to change aspect ratio. DSPlayer is very limited to Disc Playing so you better stick to XBMC internal player or rip disc to mkv/mp4 instead.

Thanks for your answer oldpoem!

I need DSPlayer in order to use ac3filter (I have to map the 5.1 channel over a 4.0 speaker setup)...therefore I think that I'll solve the issue using LAV filters and the "Z" when needed (the aspect ratio issue seems appearing only for some DVDs).

It is anyway strange this issue of the ActiveMovie Window...may be I will just check on the internet for personal understanding...
Thanks to aracnoz for Helix Support!
Hello,

I am new to XBMC (vanilla) 13.2, and i can't seem to get rid of audio sync issues with 24p content.

When I start a video, audio is synced, but if I pause and resume it, audio is unsynced, video delayed of about 500ms.

I need to make a 30 sec jump backwards to resync.

I tried every settings combinations, including deactivating Aero (windows seven).

On the other hand, I find the DVD playback quality is very poor, compared on my previous system (Dune Prime 3.0).

Would DS Player be the solution for me for both problems?
(2014-10-16, 14:07)djoole Wrote: Hello,

I am new to XBMC (vanilla) 13.2, and i can't seem to get rid of audio sync issues with 24p content.

When I start a video, audio is synced, but if I pause and resume it, audio is unsynced, video delayed of about 500ms.

I need to make a 30 sec jump backwards to resync.

I tried every settings combinations, including deactivating Aero (windows seven).

On the other hand, I find the DVD playback quality is very poor, compared on my previous system (Dune Prime 3.0).

Would DS Player be the solution for me for both problems?

You could add Reclock to your HTPC (via download and install) and choose it as your audio renderer within the DS Player version of XBMC. This is supposedly the best method for a audio sync provided you are willing to forgo bitstream output in favour of PCM. I have the same problem with 24p content and Reclock made it better but I still wasn't satisfied.
Thanks Warner306

You weren't ou aren't still satisfied? What is your setup now. Still reclock and DSP?

As for loosing bitstream, do you loose in quality if reclock decode DTS HD or Dolby TrueHD and passes it to the AVR in PCM?
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8