Can someone explain how the "latest Movies/TV" works now?
(2013-05-27, 18:12)Livin Wrote: @ned,
I find no fault with the 'method' but I, and many, see a need to be able to manually change it. Many of us rip shows/movies that we have seen but want to add to the collection, and do not want showing up in the 'Recent' list. The best way to solve this issue is to have a way to remove the item from the list... just like we can mark items as "watched".

I'm not sure why the debate has gone on... this is really simple - the devs created a very useful feature, tons of us want to use but it does not account for a common use case that many of us have.

Isn't this a different issue than what is being discussed here? Besides, the recent list is a node, and all nodes are editable: custom video nodes (wiki).
(2013-05-26, 21:41)FishOil Wrote: So...just because I didnt see the movie when it first came out its not new for me?
Who says its been on my computer for 5 years? I just got it today.
Recently added means just that. "Recently Added." If not, maybe you should call it "Newly Released".

There are 3 things at work here as far as I can tell

1. Added to library date
2. Last changed date (it should change if you refresh/re-scrape a movie)
3. Movie release date

- Recently added should be pulled by 1) with possible option in advanced settings to hide watched
- Recently released should be pulled by 3) with possible option in advanced settings to hide watched

Latest change date (3) should not interfere with above. Currently, recently added tries to combine this in some way.

Also, although nodes are customisable, it is not the case with recently added items (properties) on home page.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I'm not all that happy with the way it seems to be working now. Is there any chance of getting an option in the settings?

If I grab a new show/movie, I always want it to appear in my Latest list, no matter how old it is. As it stands now, if I add a movie that's a few years old for example, it doesn't show in the Latest list at all, presumably because the last modified date is from years ago.

It's new to my library, so I want it to appear in the recently added list Smile

Is there a way around this?

EDIT: To sum up, I'm an idiot and should RTFM Smile

<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<dateadded>0</dateadded>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
I've noted that certain movies which I've taken off an old hard drive and have since renamed after copying across are not showing up in recently added. Any idea why this would be?
(2013-10-01, 14:32)michael7oliver Wrote: I've noted that certain movies which I've taken off an old hard drive and have since renamed after copying across are not showing up in recently added. Any idea why this would be?

By default, XBMC will sort by the "date modified" data for the file. Renaming the file and copying it to another drive might not change that data on all OSes.
(2013-10-02, 06:56)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-10-01, 14:32)michael7oliver Wrote: I've noted that certain movies which I've taken off an old hard drive and have since renamed after copying across are not showing up in recently added. Any idea why this would be?

By default, XBMC will sort by the "date modified" data for the file. Renaming the file and copying it to another drive might not change that data on all OSes.

Does anyone have suggestions for ensuring files "date modified" is updated? Admittedly the current arrangement is much better than how it was when it was recently scanned but it's quite frustrating losing a particular file from my recently added that I've pinched from a mates hard drive just because they've had the file for a long time.
Use a tool such as 'bulk rename utility' (in windows), or 'touch' in Linux.

I assume you're windows... With bulk rename utility, one of the Menus lets you set all the dates. If you don't change the file name (by setting any if the main screen regular expressions), only the date will change then.
On windows i used a tool called SmartTimeStamp to modify any files. You can also use the advanced settings to change it so the dateAdded is the date added to library like in the previous version.

I really think there should be an option when you refresh a show when you can select datedAdded to be the file date or curent date, hiding it in a advanced setting is too cumbersome to keep changing.
I was wondering, for XBMC 13, did you guys add the ability to choose which sorting method we want? I forgot where I mentioned it before but plex has two, sort by release date and sort by date added, that would essentially fix everything really. Like I said before I prefer the new method but only for tv shows, for movies not so much as I tend to grab a few oldies and forget about them because they are not on my recently added. The fix basically allows it to be either or for both movies and tv shows, in a perfect world id like the tv shows to use to new method but movies to stay the old way.
"XBMC 13, did you guys add the ability to choose which sorting method we want"
I have the exact same question, since it's been 5 Month, i feel that a push is justified (registered just for this Smile)
I believe the name of the category is "Recently added". What did you really expect? ^^
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Let me summarize the thread, to elaborate my question:
Problem:
(2013-02-03, 05:45)vinistois Wrote: It's "RECENTLY ADDED". It should, clearly, represent the episodes that were most recently added. It should have nothing to do with the date of the file or the date of the folder. If I have an old file, and decide to add it now, then that should be recently added, no?
So my/mobious question is:
Quote:I was wondering, for XBMC 13, did you guys add the ability to choose which sorting method we want? [...] sort by release date and sort by date added, that would essentially fix everything really.
So you could choose if recently added shows:
- files that have the newest creation date [current behaviour]
- most recently added files (ignoring timestamps of file)
(2013-07-07, 07:15)simonk83 Wrote: I'm not all that happy with the way it seems to be working now. Is there any chance of getting an option in the settings?

If I grab a new show/movie, I always want it to appear in my Latest list, no matter how old it is. As it stands now, if I add a movie that's a few years old for example, it doesn't show in the Latest list at all, presumably because the last modified date is from years ago.

It's new to my library, so I want it to appear in the recently added list Smile

Is there a way around this?

EDIT: To sum up, I'm an idiot and should RTFM Smile

<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<dateadded>0</dateadded>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Sorry for the thread resurrection but I am trying to solve the same problem, I made the change you've shown below (I found this on the wiki) but it doesn't actually affect the way films are displayed in the recently added carousel.

It'd be really helpful as I can never remember what I just added, so being able to see the films I've just loaded would be a great help Smile
Sorting by file date is currently broken if that's what you mean.
hi.. is there any way to have it use the below ?

for movies:

folder created date (file created date can be very old but i will create the folder each time i want to add a movie so that will be the right order date)

for tv:

episode file created date

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can someone explain how the "latest Movies/TV" works now?0