Smart Playlist
I'm trying to make a smart playlist that will show only Anime specials, I've named the files 0X01 0X02, when they show up in the XBMC show list they are Sx01 ect, but when I put either of those in a smart playlist Title starts with 0X01 or Sx01, no files appear in my playlist. Could anyone point me to a guide or something or tell me what I'm doing wrong I read the wiki entry many times. I know I have the path correct but before I put in the Title rule all files show up.
Did you successfully scan your anime shows into your video library? In other words, do they show up if you use Videos > Library > TV shows or TV shows from the main menu?
(2013-02-03, 03:45)artrafael Wrote: Did you successfully scan your anime shows into your video library? In other words, do they show up if you use Videos > Library > TV shows or TV shows from the main menu?

Yes they are scanned in, the smart playlist shows all the files until I put in a rule to limit it to just specials, I tried starts with SX01, starts with 0X01, contains and episodes Sx01, 1X01 but nothing seems to work. Almost the specials are OP's and ED's so I thought it'd be nice to have a playlist that I could randomize and watch all at once.
Are you specifying "match all rules" or "match at least one of the rules" (don't remember the exact wording)? It needs to be the latter.
(2013-02-03, 04:22)artrafael Wrote: Are you specifying "match all rules" or "match at least one of the rules" (don't remember the exact wording)? It needs to be the latter.

match all, it's really only the path and one rule though

(2013-02-03, 01:22)kevn57 Wrote: I'm trying to make a smart playlist that will show only Anime specials, I've named the files 0X01 0X02, when they show up in the XBMC show list they are Sx01 ect, but when I put either of those in a smart playlist Title starts with 0X01 or Sx01, no files appear in my playlist.

If the file names are 0X01, 0X02, etc., then your rule needs to be FILE starts with 0X. This is assuming all your specials have file names that begin with 0X*. EPISODE TITLE refers to the episode title as shown in the library, which is not necessarily the same string of characters as the file name. The Sx01 prefix you see in the library are the SEASON and EPISODE numbers and are not part of the EPISODE TITLE.

Thanks artafael filename worked great, and thanks for the explanation on episodes I wasn't sure how they worked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlist0