update to ios 6 or not
i am still on 4.3 something and i have xbmc setup and working brilliantly. could be a bit more snappy and crisp but i am not complaining as long as it is stable.
so my question is. will i get any advantages in xbmc if i update the os of my device? i dont use any apple tv features besides the ability to stream youtube from my iphone to it.
and if the answer to the above question is yes, is there any tutorial how i can backup all my settings and my library and migrate it to the device after the ios update is done?

thanks
Don't update to 6, because 6 doesn't have hardware video decoding. You won't get any advantage in XBMC because XBMC doesn't care about what iOS version you are on.
Hardware video decoding on ipad working (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1324615) why not on apple tv 2?
A jb for apple tv 2 is aviable now with sn0wbreeze v2.9.8: http://blog.ih8sn0w.com/
Take one for the team and upgrade and post logs? If you want to that is Wink
there are no advantages to xbmc by upgrading to ios...more disadvantages with the lack of additional space and the uncertainty on hw decoding at this point

from the sn0wbreeze site: I should note AppleTV 2 stuff such as XBMC is currently broken. So you may want to hold back on updating until your favorite tweaks are updated and available.
(2013-02-05, 16:25)Eliah Wrote: Take one for the team and upgrade and post logs? If you want to that is Wink

Agreed, let us know Angel
Well this will need a while to get XBMC working on atv2 5.2 - apple broke our neck on each bone...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Guys, I've allready updated to 5.2 firmware. Does the Sn0wbreeze jailbreak include SSH access, so I can install XBMC manually and start testing?
Yes, as far as i know Sn0wbreeze include OpenSSH
(2013-02-06, 10:18)nurd Wrote: Hi Guys, I've allready updated to 5.2 firmware. Does the Sn0wbreeze jailbreak include SSH access, so I can install XBMC manually and start testing?

Did you even understand what i have written? XBMC won't even show up on ios5.2 for atv2. There is nothing to test for you Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Tongue 
(2013-02-06, 12:49)Memphiz Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 10:18)nurd Wrote: Hi Guys, I've allready updated to 5.2 firmware. Does the Sn0wbreeze jailbreak include SSH access, so I can install XBMC manually and start testing?

Did you even understand what i have written? XBMC won't even show up on ios5.2 for atv2. There is nothing to test for you Wink

Well, strictly speaking, you talked about bone breaking Wink I was hoping the manual install through the terminal and SSH could work. I mean iOS 6.x / FW5.2 is using the same GUI as before, right? Anyways. I can see you're a developer, and you're probably working on this, and if XMBC fails to show up with the current installation, I can spare myself the trouble of trying and just wait for an updated installation Smile Just let me know if you have a nightly build to start testing on FW5.2!
I can tell you that all our bones are broken because we aren't loaded. The GUI looks the same for sure. But the structure of the apps has changed and we don't have any info yet what exactly changed (apple keeps its headers for atv2 secret and we need to wait for getting some info on howto do an app for ios6 on atv2 now).
I understand. I really appreciate your hard work on this. Have donated before, and will again Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
update to ios 6 or not0