Frodo Audio/Video Issues
Question 
I am running Frodo stable on Mac Mini connected to a TV over HDMI. Since I've upgraded from Eden to each version of Frodo that came out, if I turn the TV off and back on, there's no sound. This is pretty annoying since I can't leave my TV on 24/7. This never happened under Eden. The other "Frodo only" issue is that after exactly one hour of playing any video, it's framerate drops to zero and I have to stop and resume the video until the next hour of playback hits again. I chalked this up to being beta versions but these problems still exist under the stable. I can handle all the addon breakage that goes on, but trying to use a multimedia center that can't get video and audio down pat makes me wonder if this one is right for me. All prior versions before Frodo have worked flawlessly including the devices I have now still under Eden. Can anyone suggest how to just get the basics working properly out of the box? I appreciate any help.
Both known issues and both are being worked on. Seems some things changed in Mac OS X 10.8 (10.8 seems to be a common factor, but I'm not 100% on that), when combined with the SDK change in XBMC we did this year, and combined with certain Macs (oddly, these issues are only happening on some Macs), one or both of these issues happens.

For the framerate issue, try going into Settings/System/Audio output (wiki) and selecting "2.0" for speaker configuration, even if you have multichannel speakers. You will still get multichannel sound if you are using one of the "...X capable receiver" options (aka, audio passthrough) with a compatible audio receiver/TV. (confusing, I know. We're going to revamp the audio settings eventually to be less confusing).

I just looked, and it seems a fix for the TV audio issue has been fixed in nightly builds (wiki), and will be included in the XBMC v12.1 bug fix release. The nightly builds should be somewhat stable still, since only a little bit of new code has been added so far, if you want to try that out.
I found that if I switch my TV to the MAC before bringing the Mac out of sleep audio was fine. Just have issues if I wake the MAC and then turn to the Mac's AV channel.
I always turn my TV on before sitting down and doing anything on my Mac. I think I'll try the latest nightlie. Thanks for the responses.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Audio/Video Issues0