OS X Sound sometimes plays from MacMini and not from receiver
Hi.

I have a problem.

I have a MacMini server MC438XX/A running Mountain Lion and XBMC Frodo RC3.
My mac mini is connected to receiver trought HDMI.

From time to time sound from HDMI stops working and start to sound directly from MacMini speaker. At this moment I have to go to Settings/System/Audio/Audio output/Audio output device. There is HDMI output setting which I have to change to "built-in output" and after that back to HDMI. After this operation sound start to sound correctly again from my receiver speakers.

Dont you know, where could be the problem?

Log file (without debug):
http://pastebin.com/gizFwjpX
Mac Mini (2012),  2,3Ghz, i7, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3,  macOS Mojave 10.14.5 Windows 10. Ext HDD 4TB (USB 3.0) ExFAT NTFS, . Kodi 18.3 (compiled 2019-06-28). 
I had this happen when XBMC was playing to HDMI and then I started a different app which made this appear. Not sure what app it was but could that as well be the case?
2 apps not playing well together?

So, the question you should ask yourself perhaps is when does this occur?
(2013-02-03, 10:43)MrMario64 Wrote: I had this happen when XBMC was playing to HDMI and then I started a different app which made this appear. Not sure what app it was but could that as well be the case?
2 apps not playing well together?

So, the question you should ask yourself perhaps is when does this occur?

I have the same if i am running XBMC in the background and use VLC to (pre)view something.The situation same happens with simultaneous xbmc and plex. I just shut down xbmc whenever i want to do this.
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Nothing new? Im still having this issue... It happends irrespective of my act and will - I dont need to switch apps to have this bug Sad
Mac Mini (2012),  2,3Ghz, i7, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3,  macOS Mojave 10.14.5 Windows 10. Ext HDD 4TB (USB 3.0) ExFAT NTFS, . Kodi 18.3 (compiled 2019-06-28). 
I've been having this issue for a while too!
This is an issue with OSX more than XBMC it has to do with HDMI Handshaking.

I've looked around for a fix for sometime but no luck, so I pulled the trigger on a GEFEN HDMI Detective, prob not the cheapest of solutions but I haven't had the problem since
i poked at that for hours and couldn't come up with a fix yet. mountain lion is just totally crap with hdmi + audio Sad
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Same problem. Mac Mini connected to TV via HDMI. Everything works fine until the computer goes to sleep and wakes back up again. XBMC automatically selects the built-in output again, even though OS X keeps using HDMI for output (for apps like Safari and Spotify). Have to go to settings and toggle the audio output settings from HDMI to something else and back... Log will follow today.
Could you try with latest nightly and use "default" as output device?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thumbs Up 
Recently I've been experiencing odd behaviour (read: nothing) regarding sound via HDMI on my late 2012 Mac Mini with stable & nightly Frodo. I just found an article which said to reset the PRAM on my Mac and Bingo! All sound restored back to normal.
mhh have the late 2012 macmini too - i only have problems when using passthrough in addition to refreshrate adaption. But good to know...
Im sorry, but I have to say...

Stop using XBMC on Mac, if you want problem free solution... Yes, thats deplorable tip, but its logical solution, if this issue cant be solved in many months.

Dont crucify me, just try to think about it.

ps. This is not spam (I already wrote this in another problematic thread), its is just despair made by XBMC on Mac.
So you bumped a two month old thread that has working solutions to the issue at hand?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound sometimes plays from MacMini and not from receiver0