Vu+ Solo 1
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but we have a basic DVB-S box and with the PVR now part of XBMC I've been toying with the idea of getting a Vu+ Solo 1 to check it out.

My question is the Vu+ Solo good enough for the task ?

* The DVB-S box is only occasionally used, so there wont be any conflicts with just a single tuner on it.
* XBMC client will be a Pivos XIOS DS set top box.
* Ethernet cat5 network is in place.

Two other questions not exactly XBMC related, while looking at reviews I see talk of other firmwares which is the best one if any that has XBMC PVR support. Also I've seen talk of basic a DLNA media player that can handle H.264 videos, do any of the firmware support that too.

Or is it worth paying for the more expensive Vu+ Solo 2 ?

Edit: Found the wiki and it says the single tuner VU+ Uno works so I guess maybe the solo will be too.

Many thanks.
You can buy a vu uno with a single tuner and if you like it switch it out for the new dual tuner module.

I have that, and in my limited testing you can watch one channel on the pvr, and xbmc will receive another stream from the other tuner.
Just a little up-date to this, as an absolute beginner I dove in at the deep end without reading up so hopefully this helps others.

For me best firmware is OpenViX, has the best GUI, a sane button layout for the remote, good favourites management (bouquet) and XBMC worked instantly once I had enabled the PVR add-on.

The stock VU firmware and Black Hole firmware are both a minefield of bad UI and bizarre quirks, neither worked for me with XBMC, I wasted a day messing around with those before stumbling upon OpenViX.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ Solo 10