Frodo: Using the season-all.tbn if no seasonXX.tbn is present
Question 
Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is just me but there is one difference from Frodo to Eden that I don't like: Eden by default used the "season-all.tbn" Image for all seasons if no "seasonXX.tbn" files were present. I have quite a few lesser known tv shows with very little arkwork to be found. Now in Eden that wasn't a problem if I just provided the one file. It was always the same Image for every season but better than the ugly "no image present"-image that Frodo is showing me now.

Is there any way to repilcate the old behaviour rather than making a copy of the season-all.tbn and renaming it for every season?

Thanks,
SM
Huh In my experience, eden was displaying the main show thumb, not the season-all.tbn

however, because i was using banners as the show thumb, I would get ugly stretched (or horizontally compressed) banners for all non-existant season posters
Now that I think about it you may be right. It may have very well been the show thumb (folder.jpg/poster.jpg). The question remains however: Can I make Frodo do the same thing (via advancedsettings.xml maybe?) or is there a media manager that can do this easily (if poster is present, but no seasonXX then copy and rename) or do I have to do this manually for 50-100 shows? Confused
Honestly, I asked for the same thing several times before, finally gave up and switched to using posters instead of thumbs.

I changed the settings in both the scraper and the skin to use posters. Then I used the addon artwork downloader to download posters for all the shows

Plus, posters work better with external software like remotes, or plex clients and such
Maybe I didn't describe it properly Blush
I am talking about posters. But there are many lesser known TV Shows where thetvdb.com doesn't have posters at all. So I made at least a poster for the show itself so everyone has a nicely looking poster. But I must admit I don't have the time to also create season-posters for all my shows that miss them right now. Here Eden was very helpful by simply using the shows poster (as aptalca pointed out) for every season missing one. Now Frodo doesn't do that anymore by default and displays a folder icon (depending on the skin) which doesn't look nice at all.

I just want Edens behavior back (and no... not everything was better before, in fact I love Frodo very much Laugh)
I have the same issue with frodo...

Basically if my tv show is 3 seasons long and tmdb only has a "season 1" and "season "2 and main "season-all" poster available, season 3 is displayed in frodo as a blank transparent tile... Where in Eden it would have defaulted to the "season-all" poster.

Frodo doesn't do that, but should, as it does appear ugly when viewing tv seasons that don't have posters available to scrape...

This was mentioned during the alpha/beta stages but never gained traction for some reason?
oops I misunderstood the problem

Before I switched to Frodo, I had manually selected the season-all posters as the missing season posters (because in my case banners were being used for missing season posters), so I have not experienced what frodo does when a season poster is missing
Was this ever resolved? I have the same issue in Frodo. Season artwork would default to the main poster art if no season artwork was available for a particular season.
Desktop / Media Server: Win10 x64, ThermalTake Commander G42 case, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Intel Core i5 4460 3.20GHz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX750, CM M 1000w, 8GB GSkill, Samsung SSD 840 Pro 120GB, 2x WD Black 1TB RAID 1, WD 6TB + WD 4TB spanned, single 3TB

Intel NUC with Openelec in TV room.
Anyone? I just upgraded and have the same issue, a lot of my "all seasons" used to default to the main poster art, but is now blank. The old default seemed intuitive...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo: Using the season-all.tbn if no seasonXX.tbn is present0