advancedsettings.xml and XBMC User Profiles
I am trying to setup XBMC (Frodo 12) on many PCs in my house with 3 XBMC profiles. I have setup a NAS, MYSQL on a 4th PC and XBMC on a 1st PC. The 1st PC is working perfect; I can logon to any profile (Homer, Bart, Lisa) and only see the TV shows that that profile is supposed to access. I then installed XBMC (Frodo 12) on the 2nd (Bart) and 3rd (Lisa) PC and copied from the 1st PC the entire directory (folders, subfolders and files) C:\Users\Homer\AppData\Roaming\XBMC to the 2nd and 3rd PC C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC, C:\Users\Lisa\AppData\Roaming\XBMC. All good so far.......

When I logon to the 2nd PC (Bart) I get the XBMC profile screen I click on Bart, but I see all TV shows that Homer sees. If I look at the sources.xml file it is correct saying Bart should only get to (smb://MY-NAS/Volume_1/Movies/!Kids_PG). If I remove the file advancedsettings.xml from the 2nd PC (Bart) located at C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\advancedsettings.xml the TV directory displays correctly for BART, but now that Bart PC is not talking to the NAS drive and I lose the ability to resume watching and what was watched. My advancedsettings.xml is this

Do I need to add Bart and Lisa to the advancedsettings.xml file? If so how would I do that?

The Lisa PC acts exactly like the Bart PC.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>xx.xxx.xxx.xxx</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </videodatabase>
    <musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>xx.xxx.xxx.xxx</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

Thanks for your help
Read up on the Profiles in the wiki article:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=profiles

It sounds to me like each profile will have unique entries in the userdata folder, i.e.: profiles.xml, guisettings.xml, and sources.xml. Just copying the existing data from the master profile sounds like the wrong thing to do. You'll have to sync your libraries up first on the Bart & Lisa pcs, get them all working correctly in regards to MySQL, and then setup the profiles from those pcs.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I manually configured the Bart PC with a Bart XBMC profile and only mapped the TV directory for him (PG) and all looked perfect, then exited XBMC and copied the advancedsettings.xml to C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\advancedsettings.xml.

Logged onto the Bart PC and Bart Profile and all TV shows came back, where he should only see a few TV shows.

Thanks
I think the problem is that you have all shows in your library and each PC has access to this shared library via your advancedsettings.xml, so each PC would see the same shared content. The fact that you define a video source for Bart that only points to a folder that contains a subset of the videos (PG folder) is irrelevant at this point since everything is already in the common library. It may make sense to use Smart_Playlists (wiki) to filter for the G/PG content, either by MPAA rating or by path (if you have all Bart's stuff in a separate folder). Use a skin that allows you to create a custom main menu button (called "PG Movies", for example) and assign it to Bart's smart playlist. You can then hide the normal "Movies" main menu button so Bart can't access all the movies in the common library. Rinse and repeat for Lisa.
I didn't know about Smart_Playlists but I figured it out anyway, I used this guide.
http://www.howtogeek.com/75535/how-to-sy...with-xbmc/

To sum it up I had to make another advancedsettings.xml file for each profile this xml file goes here
C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Profiles\Bart

The advancedsettings.xml file loooks like this.
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>10.114.144.120</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>Bartvideo</name>
    </videodatabase>
    <musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>