• 1(current)
[RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television)
Video 
RTP Play Video XBMC Addon

DESCRIPTION:
English:
For live and on-demand emissions of RTP Play, Portuguese public tv channel ( http://www.rtp.pt/play/ ), Live TV channels include RTP 1, RTP 2, RTP Memória, RTP Internacional, RTP Madeira, RTP Açores, RTP África and others; Radio Live channels include stations as Antena 1, Antena 3 etc. On-demand emissions of the majority of the RTP programs, normally with 1 day of delay.
Error reporting and suggestions in this thread please.
This addon is not endorsed by RTP.
Enjoy

Portuguese:
Emissões em directo e on-demand do site da RTP Play, estação de rádio/televisão pública ( http://www.rtp.pt/play/ ). As emissões em directo incluem canais como a RTP1, RTP2, RTP Memória, RTP Açores, RTP África e outros. As emissões de rádio em directo incluem canais como a a antena 1 ou a antena 3, entre outros. As emissões on-demand incluem grande parte dos programas da estação, sendo colocados normalmente com até 1 dia de atraso relativamente à data da emissão.
Dúvidas, erros ou sugestões neste tópico sff.
Este addon não pertence nem é suportado pela RTP.
Disfrutem!

DOWNLOAD:
XBMC.org Official repository

Addon integration:
You can call rtpplay to play live tv and radio channels. Just call it this way:

Quote:plugin://plugin.video.rtpplay/?mode=resolve_and_play&name=rtp1
plugin://plugin.video.rtpplay/?mode=resolve_and_play&name=rtp2
plugin://plugin.video.rtpplay/?mode=resolve_and_play&name=rtpafrica
plugin://plugin.video.rtpplay/?mode=resolve_and_play&name=rtpacores
plugin://plugin.video.rtpplay/?mode=resolve_and_play&name=rtpinternacional
plugin://plugin.video.rtpplay/?mode=resolve_and_play&name=rtpmemoria
plugin://plugin.video.rtpplay/?mode=resolve_and_play&name=rtpmadeira
plugin://plugin.video.rtpplay/?mode=resolve_and_play&name=rtpmemoria
plugin://plugin.video.rtpplay/?mode=resolve_and_play&name=antena1
etc...

CANGELOG:
V. 2.0.0 - Addon written from scratch

Important notes:
For the raspberry pi (raspbmc/openelec) some on-demand content may require additional codecs (MPEG2 or VC1)

SCREENSHOTS:

CONTRIBUTE:
https://github.com/enen92/plugin.video.RTPPlay-XBMC

Cheers
How can I install this addon? Do I have to download and move the file to a specific folder and use the instal addon from zip file ok is there a way to give the URL and xbmc does it for it?

I have crystalbuntu with xbmc 11.

Thanks
(2013-02-06, 18:47)hpereirinha Wrote: How can I install this addon? Do I have to download and move the file to a specific folder and use the instal addon from zip file ok is there a way to give the URL and xbmc does it for it?

I have crystalbuntu with xbmc 11.

Thanks

You can install it through fusion (section international/portuguese). I've sent you a PM with a link for fusion repo setup just in case.
I there,

Thanks for the addon. It's nice to see some addons aimed for Portuguese language.

I've installed it and have been using it.

Works flawlessly with the on-demand and radio option.

Unfortunately I couldn't see anything live. Any thoughts?

Also, do you know more addons for Portuguse tv?

Thanks Smile
(2013-02-09, 14:13)PSlave Wrote: I there,

Thanks for the addon. It's nice to see some addons aimed for Portuguese language.

Thanks Smile

Are u using Raspbmc on the raspberry PI? (blackscreen/no sound)? I'm aware of this problem in raspbmc but I was waiting for a final realease to test it before asking (it seems to be a lack of codecs issue). I'll see next week.

For Portuguese Live TV maybe the best option available is to use SportsDevil (a xbmc addon for live sports). It has some custom modules built-in, being one of them the TVDEZ.com module (all portuguese channels).
There is another addon currently being developed called TV Portuguesa (by another user). At the moment just a few channels work. if you are interested in acessing it just send me a PM. Until it's final, have a go with SportsDevil.

Some issues around with both raspberry pi (raspbmc and openelec) and also in atv2 with sound being played but no video (for live streams). To be able to play the streams in those platforms you need to disable the xbmc hardware video decoding acellaration (System --> settings --> video --> playback) and disable all the hardware video acellaration. I'll try to automatically do it when opening the addon, in a future release.
Addon first post updated.
Thanks for the feedback!
Nice job!

Just found some minor issues installing it under Frodo.
My workaround was by manually downloading all files from repository and creating the folder plugin.video.RTPplay inside %appdata%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

(Tested in Win, Mac OS X and Linux)

Thanks and keep it up Smile
(2013-02-09, 15:29)enen92 Wrote:

Thanks Smile

Are u using Raspbmc on the raspberry PI? (blackscreen/no sound)? I'm aware of this problem in raspbmc but I was waiting for a final realease to test it before asking (it seems to be a lack of codecs issue). I'll see next week.

For Portuguese Live TV maybe the best option available is to use SportsDevil (a xbmc addon for live sports). It has some custom modules built-in, being one of them the TVDEZ.com module (all portuguese channels).
There is another addon currently being developed called TV Portuguesa (by another user). At the moment just a few channels work. if you are interested in acessing it just send me a PM. Until it's final, have a go with SportsDevil.

Hi,

The problem is exactly like the one you describe. I'm using latest XBian version (XBMC v12 Frodo – RC1).

I'm glad you already know of the bug Smile

Thanks
(2013-02-11, 11:41)PSlave Wrote:
(2013-02-09, 15:29)enen92 Wrote:

Thanks Smile

Hi,

The problem is exactly like the one you describe. I'm using latest XBian version (XBMC v12 Frodo – RC1).

I'm glad you already know of the bug Smile

Thanks

Just disable video hardware decoding in system --> settings --> video --> playback. They should work.
I'll try to see this week how to solve it
keep this plugin the way it is - works 100% love it and I have been looking for it for like ever... thanks keep it up. love the fact that it works 100% other Portuguese plugins don't work always please don't kill this plugin by adding other links unless it works 100%.

next update recommend

- TV Globo
- Canal Viva
- Sic
- TVI

add these ones and the Portuguese community in Canada will be very happy. Please make sure that the source link for them is always working like the RTPones if not i'd put them in a testing option till confirmed always on. The worst thing that drives me crazy is to click on a link and not working might as have a scrip just to clean the ones that don't work. this is the reason i love the RTPplay plugin because it is 100% working and simple.
(2013-02-13, 17:58)lookatthis123 Wrote: keep this plugin the way it is - works 100% love it and I have been looking for it for like ever... thanks keep it up. love the fact that it works 100% other Portuguese plugins don't work always please don't kill this plugin by adding other links unless it works 100%.

next update recommend

- TV Globo
- Canal Viva
- Sic
- TVI

add these ones and the Portuguese community in Canada will be very happy. Please make sure that the source link for them is always working like the RTPones if not i'd put them in a testing option till confirmed always on. The worst thing that drives me crazy is to click on a link and not working might as have a scrip just to clean the ones that don't work. this is the reason i love the RTPplay plugin because it is 100% working and simple.

I won't add any other channels to this plugin. The streams work always because they are grabbed from the OFFICIAL site of RTP, so it means that if any of the streams is down, RTP is also down. Stream addons are quite an headache when their streams come from unoffical or ilegal sources, unfortunatly SIC or TVI doesn't have any official streaming sites am I right?
I'm planning some other addons but I'll keep everything appart from RTP play addon.
thanks for the reply - enen92 yes please keep the RTPplugin as is because its flawless.
and your right SIC no live stream on official website but TVI does have live stream. as well as RedeTV (quality poor) httttttp://www.redetv.com.br/aovivo/
TVI httttttp://www.tvi.iol.pt/direto

I will try to help where I can for this plugin but I have no programming skills.
key to making this plugin the best is to have high quality and streams from official website streams.

at one time TVI didn't require to register for the direct live feed but seems its changed.
Video 
NEW RELEASE/UPDATE

Version: 1.0.2
Changelog:
English

Black screen/no sound issues for live streams in iOs, Apple TV and Raspberry PI (raspbmc/openelec) are now fixed.
Português

Resolvidos os problemas com as emissões em directo no iOs, Apple TV e na Raspberry PI (raspbmc/openelec).

How to update:

English:

If you have disabled automatic updates:
Head up to System --> Settings ---> Addons --> Get addons
Right click in "RTPplay Repository" and then "Force Refresh" or "check for updates". The new version will be installed.

Português:

Caso as actualizações automáticas não estejam pre-definidas:
No menu do XBMC façam
Sistema --> Configurações --> Addons --> Obter Addons
Cliquem com o botão direito em cima de "RTPplay Repository" e de seguida "Forçar actualização" ou "Verificar actualizações". O addon será actualizado automaticamente.

Note:
-(ENG) For the raspberry PI; some on-demand content may require that you buy additional codecs from the raspberry pi foundation (MPEG2 or VC1)
-(PT) Algum conteúdo on-demand deste addon pode necessitar que sejam activados codecs adicionais da raspberry pi foundation (MPEG2 or VC1)

Enjoy / Disfrutem
when I did the update for each channel now only works for 30 seconds...
(2013-03-01, 03:14)lookatthis123 Wrote: when I did the update for each channel now only works for 30 seconds...

Can I see a log?
Which platform? Seems to be a buffer problem. If possible send me your advancedsettings.xml file along with the log
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television)5