• 3(current)
[RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television)
(2013-06-11, 01:32)kfernandes29 Wrote: This plugin hasn't been working for me for the past few weeks. Anyone still have any luck with it?

It is working fine in both raspbmc and ubuntu for me.I need more info to fix it...
Which is the platform, what happens? Where is the log?
People can't expect that I own every single platform to test it.

Cheers
I'm running 12.2 on an Apple TV 2 and also on a Pivos XIOS M3 running build number 051013. I don't have access to my log yet because I am at work. I'll upload one when I get home.
(2013-06-11, 14:07)kfernandes29 Wrote: I'm running 12.2 on an Apple TV 2 and also on a Pivos XIOS M3 running build number 051013. I don't have access to my log yet because I am at work. I'll upload one when I get home.

But what is the main issue? Are u getting script errors when jumping between menus, instalation errors or "black screen" on live channels?
I'll try to test it in a atv2 later this afternoon
It keeps spinning the working message and then fails after a couple of minutes with a message that its unable to connect.
Here is my log. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=27591
(2013-06-13, 02:13)kfernandes29 Wrote: Here is my log. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=27591

It seems rtp has changed the video format again and for some reason it is incompatible with xbmc video hardware decoding. You can disable the hardware acceleration in settings --> video --> playback. The streams should be working again.
I'll try to automatically define this setting through advancedsettings.xml in the next addon version. In the meanwhile, disable video hardware acceleration before entering the addon and enable it after you close the addon (otherwise you'll find the video playback too slow in other addons).
I mate. I'm new here, just in case i'm a Benfiquista too! Cool

I'm a newbie with this of XBMC thing.

So the thing is that I've worked it out on my laptop, and this add-on, Portuguesa TV, and Sportsdevil work fine!

But I have a new raspberry pi. Will it do okay to stream Sporttv just to see Benfica games? Or do I need something more powerfull?
hi

i have frodo xbmc 12.0 on windows vista.

the rtp addon never worked for me with rtp 1 and rtp 2. no video, only sound. tried disabling hardware acceleration but had no use.
i have also the TV Portuguesa add on and there both channels work. problem with that addon is that as from yesterday most of the servers are down.
sporttv is almost impossible to watch. you have to try every single server, and sometimes xbmc hangs and i have to go to the task manager and kill the process.
i noticed tvdez which was the most reliable server was removed, even tho it is in the definition settings marked and it shows up in the loading before entering the "ver canais" folder. dont know what happened but its annoying because it really helps when your far away from your country :-)

i installed latest build from rtmplib (17-06-2013 KSV build) but stayed the same...

any help is appreciated.

thx in advance
I'm looking for someone who have already tested XBMC on raspberry pi Mod. B , i need some feedback about this , positive / negative aspects about the board.

Best Regards,
Wink 
(2013-06-15, 03:32)allinasecond Wrote: I mate. I'm new here, just in case i'm a Benfiquista too! Cool

I'm a newbie with this of XBMC thing.

So the thing is that I've worked it out on my laptop, and this add-on, Portuguesa TV, and Sportsdevil work fine!

But I have a new raspberry pi. Will it do okay to stream Sporttv just to see Benfica games? Or do I need something more powerfull?

Not really, the pi can't handle the lag properly. You get some veetle good quality streams without a lot of lag but there are just a few of them. Besides that, you get a huge delay when comparing the pi with other kind of hardware. If you're wishing to build a proper media center put some money aside and buy an HTPC Smile
But nevertheless, Benfica games are on BTV next season so any fan should sign for the channel to help the club Smile

(2013-06-18, 14:31)MMeirolas Wrote: hi

i have frodo xbmc 12.0 on windows vista.

the rtp addon never worked for me with rtp 1 and rtp 2. no video, only sound. tried disabling hardware acceleration but had no use.
i have also the TV Portuguesa add on and there both channels work. problem with that addon is that as from yesterday most of the servers are down.
sporttv is almost impossible to watch. you have to try every single server, and sometimes xbmc hangs and i have to go to the task manager and kill the process.
i noticed tvdez which was the most reliable server was removed, even tho it is in the definition settings marked and it shows up in the loading before entering the "ver canais" folder. dont know what happened but its annoying because it really helps when your far away from your country :-)

i installed latest build from rtmplib (17-06-2013 KSV build) but stayed the same...

any help is appreciated.

thx in advance

Haven't got quite a lot of time lately to change the addon code. Tv portuguesa works because the source of those streams isn't the rtp oficial site. RTP streams of that addon are private streams which require different codecs for playback when compared to the rtp/play streams.
It has nothing to do with the librtmp as you are playing the stream (getting only sound but you're playing it).
Xbmc is not able to play those streams with hardware acelleration (don't ask me why). My suggestion is for you to try different options on xbmc's video playback settings.
I don't have any windows machine, I can't help you much more than this. Which options do you have available in the video playback settings?
(2013-06-19, 09:27)joca Wrote: I'm looking for someone who have already tested XBMC on raspberry pi Mod. B , i need some feedback about this , positive / negative aspects about the board.

Best Regards,

The raspberry pi is a mini computer that can help you solve a lot of problems on a limited budget. Note that it is intended to help children learning to programming and for that reason you can't expect to have the best media center ever.
Regarding xbmc, it has some limitations but you still end up with a full media center. If you're looking to access web shared media content like movies, youtube, tvshows, it behaves quite nicely. The same for live content if you have a proper conection and the stream isn't too laggy.
For local content, the pi gets incredible slow if you build a library with dozens of media items. This addon works well with the raspberry pi as hardware acceleration is disabled by default in both xbmc raspi distros.

But go for it, it is cheap...you'll always find some use for it if you're not happy with its xbmc performance. I've two and love them

PS: Nice town you live in btw Wink
VERSION 1.0.6 - ADDON UPDATED

-Live channels url depends now on system architecture.

Tested on ubuntu and raspberry pi. Looking forward to get some feedback from windows/mac/iOs/Atv users.
(2013-06-20, 01:59)enen92 Wrote:
(2013-06-19, 09:27)joca Wrote: I'm looking for someone who have already tested XBMC on raspberry pi Mod. B , i need some feedback about this , positive / negative aspects about the board.

Best Regards,

The raspberry pi is a mini computer that can help you solve a lot of problems on a limited budget. Note that it is intended to help children learning to programming and for that reason you can't expect to have the best media center ever.
Regarding xbmc, it has some limitations but you still end up with a full media center. If you're looking to access web shared media content like movies, youtube, tvshows, it behaves quite nicely. The same for live content if you have a proper conection and the stream isn't too laggy.
For local content, the pi gets incredible slow if you build a library with dozens of media items. This addon works well with the raspberry pi as hardware acceleration is disabled by default in both xbmc raspi distros.

But go for it, it is cheap...you'll always find some use for it if you're not happy with its xbmc performance. I've two and love them

PS: Nice town you live in btw Wink
thanks mate for the info.

best regards
Version 1.0.8 Update:

-Simplified menus
-Favourite section was created for live shows. From now on it is possible to define a certain show as favourite and access it quickly and easily.
-Improved stream selection algorithm for some system architectures
-Settings created for manual stream type selection.

Hence, if you continue to face problems within live channels such as 'only sound'/'black screen'/'no sound and no image', try to change the addon setting:

The automatic method chooses the stream type this way:
RTMP --> Windows, Linux
SMIL --> Raspberry pi, atv2, ios, macosX

So if you face problems, select the other option manually.

Cheers
Hi,

I Just install this add on, (1.0.9) but i keep getting a script error. I'm using vista 32 and frodo 12.0

any help?

Thanks
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television)5