Advancedsettings databases
hi
i'm trying to make my system run on a set of shared databases on my synology nas
i have set up the video and music databases
using <videodatabase> and <musicdatabase>in advancedsettings.xml
but i still want to place the texture database but i can't seem to guess what to use instead
Only video and music databases are supported for MySQL.
funny timing i just read online that the texture database needs to be local but if the images exist in thumbnail or the movie folder it uses that making it pointless for me to move
but thanks for the quick reply

btw. i managed to move my tv and EPG database on to the MYSQL so what your saying isn't exactly true
but i have yet to set any PVR up so, i don't know yet if those databases will have problems
Well, it's not "advertised" for other databases. I actually do remember one of the guys saying that there was MySQL support for the PVR related DBs, but I think they might pull that out since no one seems to use it.

Images are still cached even if they're scanned in from the images in the movie folder.
I'm interested in shared PVR database. Watched status persistence and resume capability across all my boxes.
(2013-02-03, 23:44)Neroes Wrote: funny timing i just read online that the texture database needs to be local but if the images exist in thumbnail or the movie folder it uses that making it pointless for me to move
but thanks for the quick reply

btw. i managed to move my tv and EPG database on to the MYSQL so what your saying isn't exactly true
but i have yet to set any PVR up so, i don't know yet if those databases will have problems

If your talking about the same thing I am, take a look at <pathsubstitution> and <substitute>. I use this to keep everything consistent amongst clients, as well as doing the same with sources.xml, mediasources.xml, profiles.xml, etc.

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>smb://username:password@server/path/userdata/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Another solution would be to use rsync, which I understand some people do, but I haven't experimented with this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advancedsettings databases0